Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

Robert Csech Posts: 20

In late 1902, Morris and Rose Michtom of Brooklyn, New York, created this new stuffed toy, made in honor of President Theodore Roosevelt. This new stuffed toy bear simply stood upright, flat footed, fully jointed and had facial features, that had never been seen before. The Michtoms designed the face of this bear with a open mouth that smiled! Next to this bear a sign read, Teddy's Bear! Before this time, toys were made more realistic, looking. The public, just adored these new stuffed toys, the demand grew so fast. The Michtoms couldn't keep up with the demand so before long they downgraded their product. Doing away with the open mouth! And history was made! So very few of these original Teddy's were made by hand as the Michtoms sewd bears, night and day to keep up with the demand. And now after eleven years of researching this very old Teddy of mine, I have determined him to be an Original, Teddy Roosevelt Bear circa 1903. This past year I have taken my bear to the Vallejo and Pleasanton Ca. Doll and Teddy Bear Shows. Stopping at a few chosen T/B Artist tables, showing them my great find, to see them become amazed at what I had. One Artist with twenty-five years in the business said my old bear was definitely an Ideal Bear in good condition. My old Teddy is a wealth of information in original condition. For now, my old Teddy is camera shy, he awaites the day for that someone special who authenticates him. The early Ideal bears are known for many facial changes. Happy New Years To All.

desertmountainbear desertmountainbear
Bloomsburg, PA

I know you have been searching,  I am happy for you that you are finding answers.  I do hope that we will get to see him.

Joanne

Board footer