Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

rkr4cds Creative Design Studio (RKR4CDS)
suburban Chicago

http://www.teddybearreview.com/articles … wards.html

Jones Publishing suspends 2012 Golden Teddy Awards           
Written by Joyce Greenholdt      
Wednesday, 15 February 2012 14:08
Jones Publishing has announced that it is suspending its 2012 Golden Teddy Award (GTA) program following the merger of Teddy Bear Review with Teddy Bear & Friends, which has already announced its Industry Choice winners for its own TOBY Awards for 2012.

The merged magazine, now being published bimonthly by Jones Publishing under the title Teddy Bear & Friends, will complete the TOBY Awards process for 2012 by publishing the Public Choice ballot in the August issue of the magazine, which will be released in early June. Winners will be announced at Teddy Bear Artist Invitational held in Binghampton, N.Y., Aug. 16-18. In addition, the two awards programs will be combined next year, with registration for the 2013 competition opening this fall.

“Once we had the chance to talk with industry professionals after the merger was announced at the IDEX show in Orlando, Fla., in late January, it became clear to us that we could not conduct two separate awards programs in the same year and still maintain the high standards that both artists and collectors have come to expect from the GTAs and the TOBY Awards,† said Teddy Bear & Friends Publisher Carie Ferg.

“Instead, as we work to combine the best of both magazines into the new bimonthly Teddy Bear & Friends, we will plan a single combined awards program for 2013 and take advantage of this opportunity to solicit input from doll artists and manufacturers on categories, scheduling, and other concerns before the 2013 awards program is opened for entries this fall.â€

To stay up-to-date on the latest news regarding awards presentations and the opening of the 2013 awards program, sign up for Teddy Bear & Friends’ free e-mail newsletter at www.teddybearreview.com.

Last Updated ( Wednesday, 15 February 2012 14:18 )

desertmountainbear desertmountainbear
Bloomsburg, PA

I can certainly understand this decision.  How could it be any other way?  It would not make sense to me to have the magazine have two different competitions going.  I wonder what name they will choose for the awards now?

Joanne

edie Bears by Edie
Southern Alberta

"The Golden Toby" ?????  :crackup:

I figured this would happen, but am a bit disappointed as I haven't entered the awards for a while now and thought I would try the GT's this year after missing the Toby deadline.

Natascha LeftyBears by Natascha Sabo
Remchingen

It's exspecially sad for us miniature artists:
The Golden Teddies still had two categories for miniature teddy bears, whereas in the TOBY they were cut down to only one category for both dressed and undressed and it is always some kind of riddle for us what the judges might prefer: bears dressed or undressed.

rkr4cds Creative Design Studio (RKR4CDS)
suburban Chicago

we will plan a single combined awards program for 2013 and take advantage of this opportunity to solicit input from doll artists and manufacturers on categories, scheduling, and other concerns before the 2013 awards program is opened for entries this fall.

Hmmm... I wonder if 'doll artists' was a slip-of-the-mind while typing??? They should be expecting TEDDY BEAR Artists to give input.

sign up for Teddy Bear & Friends’ free e-mail newsletter at www.teddybearreview.com.

And this looks like the place for all of us who would like to see items (like separate categories for dressed and un-dressed minis) continue to be on the voting ballots in the combined competition.
Let our voices be heard, now and during the coming Spring, before they have decided on the format this Fall for 2013!

Aleta - The Silly Bear The Silly Bear
Portland, Oregon
Website

I was thinking the same thing Edie!  bear_original

Board footer