Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

Robert Csech Posts: 20

Is, A Collector's History of the TEDDY BEAR by Patricia N. Schoonmaker, 1981 Hobby House Press, Inc. In this book on page 257 you will see, illustration 622. A Rare book by Clara Andrews Williams that was featured in Playthings Magazine in 1907 and says "These are genuine ' Teddy Bears' of the plush kind". This 1907 Teddy Bear book, by Clara Andrews Williams can be see on this computer in wonderfull color. This is my Teddy Bear, although my bear is 109 year old. Also in this great book on page 293 is a picture of a pantin bear, Circa 1909, Beverly Port Collection. This bear is standing with a wonderful, yet simple smile. This is my bears smile, exactly, as you look directly into the face of my old bear. The legend says the Michtom's bear taimed the beast. He was sweet, innocent and had an endearing baby face. And ENDEARING means Everlasting Smile! As I said before, The Michtoms original Teddy's bear in 1903 simply stood upright in the store front window and had this wonderful smile. This is what caused the frenzy for the local people of New York, to acquire these bears. They had never seen such a wonderfull stuffed toy. This was the very begining of the Teddy Bear World as we know it today. I am seeking a writer to co-author a book. I have so much more information to share with the world. Robert Csech.

Board footer