Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

rkr4cds Creative Design Studio (RKR4CDS)
suburban Chicago

Before I make the phone call and embarrass myself - if I indeed have a faulty memory, does anyone else remember a statement about the future of the merging of the two companies and their proposed policy?

It was my thought that when Teddy Bear & Friends℠ and Teddy Bear Review® magazines were to be combined, the subscriptions were going to be combined and extended to reflect the total number of issues remaining in both publications.

I received 2 copies of the first, new combined issue a few weeks ago. That's not what I understood the 'new program' to be: I certainly don't need/want 2 copies of the same magazine. I want the extended option of a single magazine: if I had 28 months of TBF remaining and 15 of TBR, I'd like to receive 41 months of the new, combined publication.

Does anyone else remember this differently? Did you have to contact the publisher to set up your account differently? I'd like to know this info before I take the next step, as I have several years yet to go on my subscription(s) to Teddy Bear & Friends℠ and cannot afford to be receiving double issues!

TIA!

desertmountainbear desertmountainbear
Bloomsburg, PA

As I remember it you are correct.  You should have the two subscriptions combined and receive that many issues, not extra issues of the same magazine.  That to me makes absolutely no sense.

suburban Chicago

Thx Joanne. I've gone on a hunt through my mag stack and located Before & After (the merger) issues of both magazines, checking for my ending dates. They weren't extended according to the 'before' cover labels.

The Premiere Issue was April 2012 so this is actually the second set of double copies rec'd; I guess my DH put the first ones onto my pile w/o me even noticing. The most recent issue has the TOBY ballots enclosed so that's what brought it to my attention.

The Editor, Joyce Greenholdt, does state that "...if you subscribe to both titles, your subscription will be extended so that you'll get all of the issues you're entitled to."
I guess I can make that call now. Gosh I hate having to do other people's work for them....

desertmountainbear desertmountainbear
Bloomsburg, PA

I did not get doubles of TB&F and I too had subscriptions to both.  Must be a glitch.

suburban Chicago

I think I've figured that part out: one sub is in my name & address and the other is in my company name and then my name and address.

I don't know why that should make a such a difference though...is EVERYTHING done by machines these days???

Just back from a class and now off to a Dr's appt. I may have to call tom.

Board footer