Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

KJ Lyons KJ Lyons Design
Seattle, WA
Website

Hello! All,
We were having a discussion on another forum about using colored backgrounds for photos. Someone mentioned that warm colored backgrounds have been proven to sell the best. I usually use either a gray or blue background color and I volunteered to try an auction using a warm colored back drop and see if it made a difference in my views or bids? Personally, I don't think it will make much difference to our collectors so long as the piece is visible and the background is not too messy or cluttered. I'll let everyone know if there is a difference. Here's the auction-
http://tinyurl.com/7skreca
1337290054_jaden6.jpg1337290178_jaden2.jpg

Plum Cottage Bears Plum Cottage Bears
Long Beach, CA

Plum Cottage Bears Cute Animal Ambassador

Jaden looks alive in her photos!  Wonderful work!

HeidiBears florida

WOW I agree! Are you sure you didn't take a picture of a real cat!?!?  bear_grin Jaden looks purrfect!  bear_wub

tcfolk TC Folk Originals
Tempe, AZ

Great, great cat!  I agree with the others, looks alive.  Every time we photograph a bear, we take many shots with different colored backgrounds.  I, too, usually use a mottled grey/blue background most of the time.  The background should compliment the bear's colors and not compete!   I'm really interested to see what your experiment finds.

Densteds Densteds
Website

Great puddy tat!!

KJ Lyons KJ Lyons Design
Seattle, WA
Website

Jaden has sold! Interesting, Jaden had over 100 more hits on ebay than my last 3 auctions. Also about 15 more followers. Very unscientific experiment since all four were different characters, but there might be something to the theory of using a warm back ground in photos. I'm going to try, again, with my next auction and see if I have a similar result?

Board footer