Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

Pages:
pandamac 'EmBears
Northern New York State
Website

This morning, my neighbor's 16 year old son, their only child, was killed in a car accident on his way to school after picking up a 17 year old friend, who was also killed. This is a very small school district and community (I think the graduating class is around 50 to 75 students) Would just like prayers said for the family. I don't know them very well, but I do know that they are very nice people. Thanks. Ellen

WildThyme Wild Thyme Originals
Hudson, Ohio

How terribly, terribly sad.... I'm so sorry.

Kim basta
Wild Thyme Originals

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

bear_sad   Heartbreaking news.  So young.  I hate hearing this.  I'll send warm thoughts...

Deb Upstate New York

Ellen ~

Very sorry to hear such sad news.

makafelts Charlotte Des Roches Designs
Adkins, Texas

That is so tragic. Sending special thoughts to those families.

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

Please add my thoughts and prayers to the families, friends and the community.  Losses such as this touch so many lives.

Jennskains Posts: 2,203

Prayers going thier way bear_innocent  :pray:  :pray:  :pray:  :pray:

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

Ellen, my heart was in my throat when I read this.  I can't even imagine the pain those parents and families are feeling.  What a horrible tragedy . My prayers are with them all.

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Oh my - that is such a tragedy . . . two young lives lost in an instant.  Sending caring thoughts to the families of these boys and to the community.

MerBear MerBear Originals
Brockville, Ontario

My thoughts are with them.

Marion

Sandi.S. Posts: 1,277

Oh, Ellen, how terribly sad. My thoughts and prayers will be with their families.

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Ellen, So sorry to hear of this terrible news.
My thoughts and prayers are with those boys Families.

Hugs
Carolyn

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

:hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  How aweful.  My prayers go out to thier familes. :pray:

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Oh Ellen, what can I say! This is so tragic. The poor parents must be going crazy. Our children are our lives and to loose two young guys like that is just terrible. My prayers go out for the familys and there friends.

Hugs Jane

baggaley bears Baggaley Bears
UK ( nottinghamshire )
Website

How terrible, my prayers are with the boys families

Hugs
Vicki

TamiL Dolls N Dreams
Aurora, Colorado

So sorry to hear this.
Sending prayers that way........... :pray:

lemmonbears Lemmon Bears
Oregon Coast

My thoughts and prayers for the boys families.  It is very tragic. 
Joan

Jo-Ann G Budd Bears Boutique
BC, Canada

Thoughts & prayers to the boy's family & friends!

bearsbybeesley bears by beesley TM
Tofield Alberta Canada

Oh my Ellen! How absolutely aweful! Our prayers are with you and these two families in this very sad time!

Many Hugs Louise

I Love Teddies South Florida
Website

That's truly awful.  Sending prayers and hugs to the families.   :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

kathytaylor Ruby Mountain Bears
Northern Nevada, USA

I will definitly pray for the families and your community too.
Love, and hugs,
Kathy

pandamac 'EmBears
Northern New York State
Website

Thank you all for your kindness. As more information comes out.....the 16 year old was driving his own 2006 Mishubishi Eclipse and apparantley speed was the main cause of the accident. Both were killed instantly.

Your thoughts and prayers are most welcome and appreciated.

NancyAndFriends Posts: 1,153

Ellen, I hope you don't mind me using your thread as a platform for something I feel VERY passionate about!!! In fact , when my bear Cassie was sold, I was going to put a post on, as I marked it sold...but then thought better of it.
But, with your thread, I can no longer contain myself.

As I said in another post, we have been thru the loss of 5 teenagers, with very dear friends of ours.
My little bear Cassie (Kassie) was named after a beautiful, only child...of some very close friends of ours.  Kassie was killed in her 16th year.  Her parents bought her a new fast car...her boyfriend was driving...it was raining...she called home and said she was running late...father said absolutely not, she would be home when he told her to be home. She never made it home.  Here's the really sad part.  Catherine (mother) told him to call Kassie back and tell her it was ok to be late, just don't rush...he would NOT.  She almost called Kassie herself to tell her not to worry,to drive safe and she herself would deal with dad! but she didn't.  The guilt these dear people endure along with the grief, is really unbearable.  You can imagine.  They have become recluses and we are about the only friends who keep in contact anymore.  Kassie was born January 18th, which I mentioned in the auction.

Last summer...we endured the loss of yet another wonderful, wonderful teen.  The funeral was so huge, people stood outside.  He was home schooled but had friends from schools all around.  His parents were not as well off as Kassies...they bought him a used car...he had a car full of friends, going at a high rate of speed and as he crested a hill, the car became airborne.  Joshua turned the wheel and when the car came back down, it landed on that turned wheel, which sent the car in a flip.  It landed on a fence and the fence post came thru the drivers window.  He was killed instantly.  The other kids, thank the Lord were only bruised and shaken a bit.  Joshua's parents were devastated, naturally but the mother is the one who doesn't seem to be able to move on.  She purchased the car for him and altho they have another child...he was her beloved.

There is only one that is not related to fast cars at high speeds and the kids were 'parked' ...on  a cold night, left the car running to keep warm.  They found them both, 'asleep' the next morning.

I only bring this to light, for one reason...our precious children just don't understand how lethal a powerful car can be and the freak things that can happen at high speeds.  Like Joshua...just a turned wheel.  My heart breaks for all the parents who have to go thru such a loss.

I remember, as a teen...parents used to put, what was called a 'govenor' on their kids cars.  My uncle put one on everyone of his boys cars (4 boys) and the car could not go over 55.  The kids hated those things with a passion, but they are all alive today.

I don't know, really why...I have told you all this.  I guess in hopes that if there is anyone getting ready to buy their loved child a fast car...please think it over.  Are they really ready, at 16 to handle the possiblities that could occur?

I am sure, I haven't changed a thing, but I feel if I could make one little iota of difference, it was all worth bringing this painful subject to light.

:hug:

Nancy

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

I'm so sorry for this terrible news....
My thoughts and prayers will be with their families.

Bonnie Mountain Dreamer Bears
wooly woods of Missouri, USA

Ah, Ellen. I haven't checked the board in a couple days and so am behind. It breaks my heart to hear of this tragedy. It strikes mcuh to close to home for me. I will keep the families and friends of these boys in my prayers. something like this affects the entire community. :hug:

Pages:

Board footer