Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

Pages:
Jo-Ann G Budd Bears Boutique
BC, Canada

After a wind storm my son, 19, was cutting fallen trees at work.   A tree was under pressure and it let go and sent my son flying.  He has a huge bruise on the back of his knee and his thigh and calf are extremely swollen.  He ended up staying in hospital as they were concerned with the swelling and a thing called Compartment Syndrome.  Spent the evening in the hospital last night waiting for his surgeon to decide if he was going to need surgery to relieve the pressure.  Good News, he didn't need surgery and this morning when I called the nurse and the swelling is better.  My son said he is unlucky but my husband and I told him he is "lucky".

Well, I am headed up to the hospital to take him some food as he won't touch the hospital food.  I didn't get a very good nights sleep last night.  I feel better already letting it out and sharing.

Deb Upstate New York

Jo-Ann ~

Ouch!  I'm sorry to hear about your son.  Thankfully no head injuries  :pray: .  Did he ask you to bring food?  That's always a good sign with sons. 

Take care and keep us posted!

bearsbybeesley bears by beesley TM
Tofield Alberta Canada

Oh Jo-Ann! We are so very sorry about your sons accident. You are all in our prayers!

Many Hugs Louise

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Oh, actually I learned about Compartment Syndrome in nursing school, during my brief stint there.  I'm delighted to hear your son was kept in hospital overnight so they could monitor inflammation; CS is a major health issue and can cause enormous, irreversible damage to muscles.  I'm really glad he's out of the woods and seems to be receiving excellent health care!

You'll sleep better tonight now that he's been given the "all clear" and will "just" be feeling sore and bummed out.  I'm sure of it.

Sorry to hear you've all suffered with it, though... and I hope things are on the upturn very soon!  Warm healing wishes to your son.  No 19 year old likes to be kept down for long.  That might be the most difficult part of his 'recovery'... slowing down for a few days!

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

I'm so sorry about your son's accident, Jo-Ann, but relieved to know that it's not life threatening at this point.  Will be thinking of all of you and sending wishes for a speedy recovery.  :hug:   :hug:

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

Oh, Jo-Ann, i am so sorry to hear about your son. the most important is that he does not need surgery. He will eventually heal, thanks to the doctors etc.
I hope your next nights will be better.

All my best whishes to your son.

I send you an ocean of hugs.
Beary hugs,
Sophie.

pandamac 'EmBears
Northern New York State
Website

Sorry to hear about your son. Outside accidents like that are very scary. Thankfully it was not worse. Sending my prayers and good vibes your way.......
:hug:  :hug:

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

Jo-Ann, I'm so sorry to hear about your son.  You must be so relieved that it wasn't damaged worse.  What a blessing not to have to have surgery.  I'm glad things are working out.

Sending hugs to you !

Tell him that wasn't a very nice birthday present for you    bear_tongue

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Some would say "The force is strong in this one"

Or that he had good Karma

or that.....

I just thank God your son is OK!  So much better than you dissappearing and joing the ranks of heart broken parents who can never ever completely move past the loss of a  child.

I am so glad for you. 

Tell that boy he is one lucky guy....

dilu

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Sorry to hear about your son, Jo-Ann, what a worry for your Family.
Glad to hear that he will not need surgery and hope that he will be making a speedy
recovery and feel well again.
I laughed when you said "he would not eat hospital food." 
Hope that you have a good night's sleep, tonight.

Hugs
Carolyn
bear_flower

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

Yes indeedy he sounds like a very lucky young man.  Now if he will realize just how lucky he is.  Boys/Men don't seem to get that until they are old...if ever.

Best wishes for a very quick full recovery...  :hug:

sewzanne Raccoon Creek Bears
New Jersey

I'm sorry that your son was hurt, but glad it wasn't more serious. I'm always so afraid of wind storms. I haven't ever thought much about all the people who have to clean up after them until now...
      suzanne

BC, Canada

I can not say enough about TT.  The support and warm fuzzy feelings I get reading all the various posts cannot be expressed enough.

Thank you for your kind words. I just arrived back from the hospital.  Kaid is doing better the swelling is down in his thigh, the calf feels better and his spirits are up.  I think they will be keeping him another night.  Just wanted to tell you what a sweety he is.  The nurse got him a wheel chair so that he could get some fresh air and see me out of the hospital.  Kaid wanted to go get a pop under his own steam so told me to meet him at the entrance.  He had gone and bought me fresh flowers at the gift shop as his missed my birthday yesterday. :)

Friendship is a breathing rose, With sweets in every fold. – Ralph Waldo Emerson

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Geez.  What an absolute keeper of a young man.  If things don't work out in my marriage I'll be at his door pronto; what a gentleman!  <giggling here>

VERY glad to hear he's doing better and is obviously in great, other-oriented, spirits.

Lucky mom!

nettie scotland
Website

Poor wee soul it must have really hurt.I think as you get older you think about what may have happened and how lucky you really were..When you are young you just think "oh crap this hurts"I hope he heals fast and you get a good nights sleep again.
Diane xxx

Cleathero Creations Cleathero Creations
Ripley, Queensland

Glad to hear he is better.
So scary for you especially when your mind wanders to he what if.....
He is very lucky and before you know it he will be up and around and back to himself.

BC, Canada

Definately being young helps.  The nurs had said if it was her or I our leg would have been broken in pieces.  Oh to be young again.  I think??

baggaley bears Baggaley Bears
UK ( nottinghamshire )
Website

Jo-Ann so sorry to hear about your son  but so glad to hear that he will not need surgery.

What a sweet boy he is buying you some flowers.
Sending hugs to you and your family hun  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Hugs
Vicki

NancyAndFriends Posts: 1,153

Oh, JoAnne...what a sweet young man and I am so glad to hear he is recovering nicely. That tree cutting can get you into some nasty situations.
We had to have 3 extremely large pine trees cut down on our property.  They were very close to the house.  I have no idea why the builder didn't take them down when he built it.  It would have been so easy for him.  But the man who came to take them down, climbed the trees and cut them down in sections.
I was a WRECK!!!!  These trees were way over 100 feet tall.  I just had visions of him and his chain saw careening down to earth.

Anyway...take good care of him mommy...I know you will!!!
  :hug:

nancy

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

I hope your son will feel better soon... I think he is extremely lucky too... I am sure it was very scary.

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

Jo-Ann, I'm so sorry about your son's accident. but I'm glad that he is doing better now and how sweet of him to buy you flowers! bear_flower  bear_cry 

I will be thinking of your son and you family. I wishes for his speedy recovery.  :hug:

Hugs/Marie

WildThyme Wild Thyme Originals
Hudson, Ohio

Oh my... he bought flowers for Mom in spite of the awful time I'm sure he's having.... that one will make someone a VERY happy spouse someday!!!!!!  Very happy!  Good to hear that he's on the road to recovery!  Best wishes!

Beary truly,
Kim Basta
Wild Thyme Originals

Sandi.S. Posts: 1,277

So sorry to hear about Kaid's accident. I can only imagine what you must have went through. Sometimes I work myself into a nervous wreck just thinking about "what-if's". I'm so glad he's doing better and hope his complete recovery will be quick.

BC, Canada

I am happy   bear_original   Kaid is home.  He still has to take it easy with his leg up and iced.  We have to keep a watch on the swelling.  We have great support, especially since it was a work related accident, a physio person is coming to the house to see him on Monday and we have a follow up visit with the Emergency Doc on Tuesday.

Thank you all for your wonderful support.

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Hi Jo-Ann, thank goodness Kaid is home and doing well.    bear_thumb  Give my best wishes to him.

Hugs Jane  bear_flower

Pages:

Board footer