Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

Crystal84 World Of Mine
Sydney

Hi guys,
Here he is, the lopsided, wobbly headed, oversized bear made with bamboo yarn and cotton yarn. He's about 4 inches standing and i hate his feet... tried a lot of new things with this bear and not happy with my first go at most of them... but I wont be giving up any time soon... he was too fun to make!
1347161001_img20120909_005.jpg

The eyes havent come in the mail yet so i chose to do a sleepy bear. Over all its cute, but hes no where near what id like him to be so i'll just make another one!

Please, tell me where and on what i can improve! Oh, and yes, im aware i actually put his head on UPSIDE DOWN! I cant believe i did that, but it was late and I was not paying attention...

Cheers
Crystal

threadteds ThReAdTeDs®
Website

threadteds Banner Sponsor

I think he is GREAT for your first bear bear_thumb And using the inside on outside gives a great look!! And crocheting this way wil make it easier once you like to try fuzy yarns. Save this first bear and compare him each time with the next you make. You will see that you improve with each next bear you make. If you have time to check out the threadanimals group,you will find tips and "how to" in the files. These might help you to.  Thanks so much for sharing!!
Berta
PS: I don't think the feet are bad, they suit this little bear.

Crystal84 World Of Mine
Sydney

Why thank you Berta. I have acctually spent the afternoon in the files of threadanimals and found some wonderful tips.

It seems I have always crocheted from the inside out... so i guess everything ive ever made was 'inside out'?? lol

Should I try going from the outside in? I think i might just to see how different it is. Ive just been on a hunt for supplies and found my craft shop has restocked their crochet thread and i was able to get some 'beary' colours... and i very small 1mm hook, which is too small for the thread i got but i got it anyway because there are smaller threads ;)

So with new hooks and smaller threads and some more practice expect a new bear coming soon!

Crystal84 World Of Mine
Sydney

Oh and after searching high and low for prisma pens/pencils/markers or anything similar I gave up and used make up. Thankfully I have TONS of mske up in boxes ive never used... They will come in handy now!

threadteds ThReAdTeDs®
Website

threadteds Banner Sponsor

Glad you were able to do some research in the threadanimal group. My opiniun is that we can learn a lot from each other, try all different techniques and see what works best dor you. You can crochet other way around, from out side in, and/or in back loops only, which will give again another look.
Happy crocheting!
Berta

Fairybear Wagga Wagga

Boy I wish any bear I made looked that "bad" bear_whistle I think he is so cute and a great job done.   I just love his little face.

Board footer