Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

BlackmoonBear Sacred Bear Studios
Saint Petersburg, Florida

Hi all :)

this is geared more towards non-artist collectors and novice bearmakers, since I'd just be telling experienced artists what they already know-

Ever buy a manufactured bear because you really liked the design, but his face isn't quite straight, his eyes are too wide and stare blankly, or he just doesn't look right? or maybe his face is too plain and could use some detailing.....it's easier than you think to make corrections.
I knocked together a 4 part video tutorial, please excuse the lack of production quality, I was bored and had a few drinks in me, so I just set up a camera on the kitchen counter and went to work in my PJ's  ^.^
this link is to the intro, you will find instructional segments 1-3 on the same channel page.

http://youtu.be/NyTJRhY5DG0

Enjoy!

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

This is something I wouldn't have thought of. Well-explained and interesting! bear_original (Cute bear, too.)

Becky

Fairybear Wagga Wagga

What a great idea and so helpful too! Thanks  bear_thumb

BlackmoonBear Sacred Bear Studios
Saint Petersburg, Florida

Thx guys! I figured it might inspire others....I'm an unapologetic cuddler, so much of my collection are high end "toy" bears, they're wonderful, but they tend to almost always be a tiny bit asymetrical (at least I notice it) so I've made adjustments to most of the manufactured bears I've bought.
I just covered the basics in that vid, there are a lot more tricks I figured out that I didn't go into, but hopefully when I have the money to travel again I'll offer a class on it at a convention or two.

Board footer