Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

Little Nan Posts: 233

Hi Ladies !
Could I ask if anyone would know if there is a stockist in the UK of plush faux fur?
I've located an odd piece here and there but nowhere that has a decent selection, it seems you have to look abroad maybe ?
Thanks in advance !
Nan x

Miser Miser Bears

I love this website, the range is really good and its reasonably priced too

https://www.mohairbearmakingsupplies.co … le-fabrics

Francesca KALEideaSCOPE
Rheinfelden
Website
Miser wrote:

I love this website, the range is really good and its reasonably priced too

https://www.mohairbearmakingsupplies.co … le-fabrics

Yes, I also bought some really nice faux fur from them!

Knew I could rely on you lovely ladies , thank you , thank you Heather and Francy !!
Nan  bear_flower

BatFinchBears BatFinch Bears

ohhhh, this post just ended in me spending money on fur. Bad ladies for linking me to it! bad!  bear_angry

hehe.... I can't stay mad, I'M GETTING NEW FUR. bear_laugh bear_laugh

I got a piece of the tissavel faux fur(don't like the idea of knitted backing) and also some mini fur fabric as they're both furs I've never worked with. Let's see what challenges they bring bear_original

Miser Miser Bears

hehe I cant wait to see what you make emily  bear_grin

jenny Three O'clock Bears
warwickshire uk
Website

The Throw Company if you want to get it in the UK they have real Tissavel....but hey....Intercal ..our sponsors have a great range of Tissavel faux fur.

Thanks Jenny , yes Intercal have a great selection and I've never ordered any from them , have to say I'm tempted !
Nan x

KJ Lyons KJ Lyons Design
Seattle, WA
Website

Jenny, there seems to be no supply of Tissavel or Tyber white/off white fur for any price, anywhere, that is longer than about 1/2". I've been looking for about two years for some of this fur in a 1-1.5" length. For some reason Tissavel (who now owns Tyber fur) is not willing to let a new supply go out to smaller sellers. Speculation is that they only want to sell large amounts(100+yds.) to the fashion and decor companies.

Donna Donna's Duin Bruins
Burbank, CA

Karen,
I just heard within the last couple of weeks that Tyber has now closed also.  So both Tyber and Tissavel are no longer making the woven back synthetics.  To my knowledge that leaves us with Schulte as the only woven back synthetic supplier.  Good Luck trying to find any now!
Donna

warwickshire uk
Website

Oh no..that's terrible..they only just announced the takeover in August on their website!!!!
I did find a Danish supplier...but for the life of me I can't find it again. Don't know why the supplies are drying up its such great stuff to work with.

KJ Lyons KJ Lyons Design
Seattle, WA
Website

Wow! Donna. That's depressing. I guess I'll be making a lot of kittens and hoping my supply holds out until I can find another supplier, or a new supplier shows up  bear_ermm
Karen
KJ Lyons Design

Pijangibears Pijangibears
Denmark
warwickshire uk
Website

They made / distributed Kanecaron modacrylics...which is the same thing as Tissavel...they supply  quality toy making firms. But I had a retail supplier website once but now I can't find it.
Birgitte, that is one I have not seen before...will take a look!!

Donna Donna's Duin Bruins
Burbank, CA

I've been doing some research.  It appears that Tissavel is still producing it's faux fur.  I'm trying to find a supplier for us. 

Donna

warwickshire uk
Website

That's great news!!

Board footer