Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

MKinsey/TBF Teddy Bear and Friends
Lancaster PA

MKinsey/TBF Editor of Teddy Bear and Friends

forgione-card1.jpgDolores enthusiastically introduced me to her table neighbor, Jennifer Forgione. Jennifer went to school with Dolores’s daughters and is a talented artist in her own right. Jennifer draws using colored pencil and ink. She’s created really cute bear characters for a line of cards. She’s been drawing her entire life, but this was the first time she had ever sold anything. Her goal is to get into greeting cards. I really liked her characters, and was amazed that she was creating them with just colored pencil. 

So, that was my first day in New York. I’m going to go order room service (I LOVE room service) and curl up with a book. I’m meeting Kellie for breakfast in the morning, then, if we’re not snowed in, we meeting Dave Smith of Tide-Rider (Merrythought’s U.S. distributer) tomorrow at 10 a.m. I’ll try to send you a report of the day before we head out to the Broadway Bears auction tomorrow night.

Cheers!
Mindy

PS: Will work on the photo thing after dinner. They're either huge or blurry...not sure what's wrong. They didn't do that yesterday in the test run at home!

sheilaleigh Sheila Leigh
Lincoln, Nebraska

Oh, Mindy, I love her artwork!  I've always wanted to put my art on cards too!  Maybe someday!  It looks like you are having a wonderful time.  Have fun tomorrow! 

My daughter is a member of the National Arts Honor Society.  So in April, they are going to New York.  I'm hoping to go too!  It would be so much fun.

hugs,
Sheila  bear_wub

WildThyme Wild Thyme Originals
Hudson, Ohio

Mindy... the photso are comming through great, and I think the size is just perfect...!  AHHH Room Service & a book!!!!! You lucky lady you!  Aside from all the lovely dolls and bears, and all the wonderful artists.... that book sounds great!

Kim Basta
Wild thyme Originals

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

:dance:  bear_original Everything looks great from this end, Mindy!! Thank you so much. This is so much fun, and I love the shot from your hotel room, even though there are no bears in sight--NYC is my hometown.

Eileen

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Wow - terrific art work on those cards . . . I wanna buy some!!!  My weather forecast said New York was in for a blizzard tomorrow . . . eeeeeeeeeeekkkk!

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Stay safe and warm Miss Mindy!

You did great.  The pictures came through wonderfully and we couldn't be happier.  You are a real trooper! 

ThankyouThankyouThankyou so very much
:dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:

You're a peach

:hug:

dilu

Dont forget the gollies..... bear_original

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Great artwork on the cards - Thanks for sharing with Teddy talk.

plushkinbear BEAR ME SHOOTKA
Vladivostok, RUSSIA

Mindy! Thank you so much. That's the only chance for me to see what the Toy Fair like in US bear_wub

I'm too far from you.. bear_cry

Thank you for let me see the fair with my own eyes!  :hug:
Beautiful bears and talented artists.. I enjoyed seeing them.

Thanks again!  :hug:  :clap:  bear_wub  bear_flower

Hugs, Julia :hug:

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

More great pictures and an interesting report. The cards are really cute. I made a range of bear cards a few years back. These have given me the urge to make more. Thanks for posting the pictures. I hope the weather doesn't get too bad for you.

Hugs Jane  bear_flower

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

The pictures came through great.  Can't wait to se more.  Wish I were there bear_flower

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

The pics are coming through beautifully Mindy!!!  Thank you SO much for doing this  :hug: I know how long it can take to post updates and pics.  You're a real trooper to do all this work after what must be a long, tiring but exhilarating day.  Kick back and enjoy room service and your book, you certainly deserve it.  Fingers crossed you aren't snowed in tomorrow....

I'd LOVE to get ahold of those teddy bear cards!!!  bear_wub  They're wonderful!!!  And its so hard to get decent, blank teddy bear cards.  I use them for all sorts of things, but love to tuck them in with my bears as they travel to new homes.

Deb Upstate New York

I love these kinds of cards, and these are VERY nice.  Any idea if Jennifer sells from a website or Ebay?

Thanks Mindy.

Deb Upstate New York

I love these kinds of cards, and these are VERY nice.  Any idea if Jennifer sells from a website or Ebay?

Thanks Mindy.

bearlyart Canna Bear Paint
NY

Gee, I didn't even think about people having teddy bear art there.  Purely out of curiosity, was she the only one with something along those lines?  They are very cute  bear_thumb

Cheers,
Kelly

Board footer