Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

Love Bud Bears Love Bud Bears by Sandy
New Jersey

Picture-1907.jpgPicture-1937.jpgI'm so heart broken over my dog Zara. She's been battling Lymph node cancer for the last 8 months. Dealing with Chemo treatments every other week & a ton of test in between. She's been very strong & loving the whole time. Thankfully her quality of life has been excellent though out all of this. We've been very blessed that the Univ. of Penn has been able to keep her very aggressive cancer under control for so long. But sadly she's gotten to the stage that we have to say good by. It's so hard to believe I only have a few short days left with my big baby. She's such a very special part of my family. For the last 6 years all she wanted was protect & love me (& lots of treats in between). It's so hard to let go even if it's what has to be done. It seems like no time is ever enough to share with a loved one. God Bless my Zara girl.   bear_cry    bear_cry

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Our furr babies are as important to us as the two legged kind.  I am so very sorry Sandy,  i know how incredably hard this is to do... bear_cry 

:hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

to you and the family....

dilu

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Oh, Sandy . . . how hard that will be . . . I've had to do it so many times, but it never gets any easier.  I'm so sorry Zara's time has come, but you will have so many good memories to comfort you.  You'll be in my thoughts. :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Zara looks like such a sweetie and I know it is the hardest thing to do, but I know you also realize it't the best thing for her, if she is beginning to suffer.  Our pets just reel in our hearts and we are hooked before we know it.  I guess all I can say is how sorry I am and I do know how difficult a decision it has been but we have to be grateful for the time they have been loaned to us.  Take care Sandy, and I am sending a big hug.

Brenda :hug:

Densteds Densteds
Website

Sandy,
I feel so sad for you, I know how devasting it is to have to make that awful decision, but atleast we are able to stop our pets from suffering needlessly. Cherish your last days with your dear Zara, remember all the love she gave you and hold it in your heart....
I am so sorry, my thoughts are with you & your family.

Huge Hugs, :hug:  :hug:
Denise.

Jennskains Posts: 2,203

I'm so sorry.

TamiL Dolls N Dreams
Aurora, Colorado

So sorry its time to say goodbye!
Sending love and strength for you and Zara.
God Bless you both  :hug:

bearsbybeesley bears by beesley TM
Tofield Alberta Canada

Huge hugs to you Sandy! We are facing a similar situation with our Dalmation Michah who is 12 1/2. We will be saying goodby within the next few weeks or months depending on how she does. Hugs and prayers to you!

Many Hugs Louise

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

So sorry to hear of Zara and it is never easy to say goodbye to a beloved pet.
She looks such a lovely dog.
My thoughts are with you and your family and hope that the hugs that we send, will help.

Hugs
Carolyn
bear_flower  :hug:  bear_flower

Love Bud Bears Love Bud Bears by Sandy
New Jersey

Thanks a bunch for your kind words they are all very comforting even if they make me cry. It seems so unfair Zara has gone through so much & can not be cured. How can the doctor tell me there is nothing more they can do? How can I be the one to make the decision when it should come naturally? I'm so torn up inside knowing that she's starting to suffer but it's breaking my heart even more knowing the only way to make it so she doesn't. I feel sooo terrible- it's torture just thinking of the drive to her appointment on Tuesday. Ugggh- Sorry every one I shouldn't have even wrote this post. I thought it would make me feel better writing about her. But it seems I only made every one feel my sadness. I guess I'll go to bed now. Thanks again for all your support & long distance hugs- they really did help. ~ Good Night, Sandy

Louise,  My Best Wishes for your Michah.

Bonnie Mountain Dreamer Bears
wooly woods of Missouri, USA

I'm so sorry, Sandy. bear_cry Sending you big hugs and supportive thoughts and prayers.
:hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_sad  Sandy, I'm so sorry to hear of Zara's decline. I know you just want to hang on.

I watch my 15-year-old Lucy and my 18-year-old Rose for any sign of change or pain, and it's hard to believe that their time is coming to an end. Harder to bear.

I've been present when several of our furkids were put down. They seem to know what's coming, and they seem to be grateful. They're much better at this stuff than we are. Other animals don't show their suffering as clearly as we do, but the best way to show your love for Zara is to prevent her from suffering more.

You'll get through it, and you'll see her again. Promise!  :hug:

Eileen

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

Sandy, don't fret that you've only made other people sad....other people are here to support you as you face this transition.  Its so very, very, very hard to say goodbye to a loved one....especially a fur baby.  They are such a huge part of our lives, and they definitely an imprint on our hearts.

Don't feel like you shouldn't cry, or my abolute most hated "Its only a ___".  She's a HUGE part of you, so be sure you cry as often as you need, and don't rush any of the grieving process.  You'll feel mad, go through a ton of 'what ifs', and then the sadness.  In time you'll be able to look back on your baby girl's memories with joy, but it will take time.  The ones we love never truly leave us......   bear_cry Dang, now I gotta go find some tissues....

Sending massive hugs  :hug:

nettie scotland
Website

Oh I can't bear it.What a lovely dog and so lucky to be so loved.I can't think what to say to you it's such a sad time.We love our pets so much because they are forever kids and always rely on us.The maternal instinct is so strong with our pets making this harder for you.Just remember you are puting Zara first and that is all we can ever do.She will be at peace and out of pain and will have had a great life because of you.
I will be thinking of you .
Diane xxxx

Jo-Ann G Budd Bears Boutique
BC, Canada

Sorry to hear about Zara and sending lot of hugs :hug:

rufnut Rufnut Teddy's
Victoria Australia

Sandy, sorry to hear your sad news, sending big hugs to you all the way across the big pond. :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Board footer