Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

MKinsey/TBF Teddy Bear and Friends
Lancaster PA

MKinsey/TBF Editor of Teddy Bear and Friends

teddygroup-bears3.jpgteddygroup-bears.jpgteddygroup-gollies.jpgkosen-owls.jpgkosen-fairytales.jpgkosen-bears.jpgAcross the aisle, we talked to Antje Bender of Kosen. Some of you might remember that we did an article on Kosen a few years ago. Great realistic animals. Their artists sketch from real animals to design the patterns.

- Owls, for all you Harry Potter fans. (It’s OK, you can tell me—I was there at midnight to buy my book!)
- The pandas are from last year, but the sloth bears are new. Both are limited editions.
- On the “fiction” side, Kosen has several new fairytale characters: a king, queen, and knight.

The Teddy Bear Group is a new manufacturer in England. Kellie and I chatted with Clinton Cooper, whom some of you met at the San Francisco gift show. He is using “home workers” to make the bears, rather than a factory. Clinton used to work for Merrythought, so he knows his way around a factory, but he says he doesn’t want to be cutting out the bears with metal stamps. Instead, using teams of home workers allows artists to be as creative as they like, plus control the quality of the work. The artists are finishing the faces and details, too. Here are some group shots of the bears (and gollies) thus far. Kellie and I have already requested more information and photos from Clinton for an upcoming issue of TBF!

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Gollygoshly Lookie here!!!!  Mindy You remembered~!!! 

Thank you Miss Mindy!  I love 'em can you tell.....My 86 year old mom in law had me order the Potter books for her to be sent to the nursing home when I ordered mine....Love the OWLS!!

Now you're a Gollygeewhillikers Peach!

hugs!

dilu

ScottBear scott's bears

THANK YOU MINDY ! THATS MY BEAR !! Yep the white one in the back !
Myself and fellow artists have been dieing to tell you all we are now apart of this new and exciting company "The Teddybear group of the UK"
clint ...Good luck sell lots of our bears
The Teddybear group has taken on myself, Donna Mettling (pm her and tell her congrats) Sandi Retherford (the purple one and the beaded one in the photos) Diana Ussery and Gean Gates as a taste of U.S artists design to the companys line up of bears for 2006  we are very excited !!!
thanks agan mindy
SCOTT

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_original  What yummy pictures, Mindy!

Congratulations, Scott and Donna.  bear_flower

The TBG sounds like an excellent idea--ought to do very, very well. bear_thumb

Eileen

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Wonderful news, Scott . . . that's a neat idea - The Teddy Bear Group!  Big congrats to you and Donna!

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Congratulations Scott and Donna..... what fun!  - Teddy Bear Group.

Thanks Mindy, for sharing the photos.

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

Big congratulations Scott  and Donna !  bear_flower !

Thans for sharing phots, Mindy !  bear_smile
Hugs/Marie

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

Awwwhhh....look at the Gollies, just for our Dilu  :hug:

:clap: Congratulations Scott and Donna!!  :clap:   This Teddy Bear Group sounds like a *wonderful* idea!!!  I'm especially happy that they're taking the bears back out of the factor and placing them with people in homes to come to life.  It sounds like one truly up and coming business  :dance:

Jo-Ann G Budd Bears Boutique
BC, Canada

Congrats Scott and Donna.  The Teddy Bear Group - great idea.

Board footer