Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

While I was visiting other teddy bear boards this weekend (waiting for the powers that be at the movie production company to make up their minds as to what size the bunnies have to be so I can actually MAKE them) I discovered such a wide variety of boards.... sure, Yahoo has a ton of them.... not always easy to navigate, lots to sift through, etc. Others were very quiet (as it's becomming here from time to time.... which is ok for me, I'm sewing more!) and yet another rather active board had me reading with my jaw dropped in horror at the language and name calling and gossip! Good grief! And it's associated with a supply company similar to Teddy Talk and Intercal. (No, it wasn't Edinburgh.... I like it there too!) I was just shocked that people can be so publically nasty.

So, thank you, Intercal, for setting a code of conduct here that makes it a pleasant place to be and thank you to the Advisors who set a good example rather than joining in with the worst of them!!! (Are you all tired of me telling you how much I appreciate you yet???? Sick of sappy little old me??)

Have others of you experienced teddy boards with a lot of growling people????? Or is it just me??? No need to get into where, who, what, why.... guess I just live a sheltered life that I try to keep peaceful! How silly of me!  bear_tongue

:hugs:
Daphne

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Who needs another board!!!!!

bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb TEDDY TALK IS THE BEST  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb

hugs Jane   :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:

duff Deedle Bears
Dallas

As I was a "Lurker" for some time  here and still am on a few other site, Hands down this is the most informative, kind,  and welcoming group I have ever run accross.    Kudos to everyone for making it such a fun place to be a part of    bear_thumb

Bonnie Mountain Dreamer Bears
wooly woods of Missouri, USA
Daphne wrote:

So, thank you, Intercal, for setting a code of conduct here that makes it a pleasant place to be and thank you to the Advisors who set a good example rather than joining in with the worst of them!!!

Hear! Hear! :clap:  I couldn't agree more, Daphne.  I really appreciate the efforts of Intercal and all the advisors in making TT such a great site in every way.  bear_thumb  :clap:

TT ROCKS!!

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Darling Daphne, and TTers,

We love it here too!  And the reason is because all of you, and how you treat us and each other.  Sure, every big happy family has a few tiffs now and then, like last Friday, ouch!, but they always dust themselves off, have good cry, and  :hug:  and carry on!!!

Daphne said: 

[I was just shocked that people can be so publically nasty]

You always make me chuckle, Daphne!  And no, everyone, I don't think she meant we can be this way privately either!  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin

This board is what it is because of you regulars, who have done what we hoped, formed friendships and support systems and know this is where you come for a hug, no matter what the problem was. 

You know what they say about families:

Familiy is where you go and they have to take you in

And the beauty of this family is a common thread of teddies and all the other critters that go with them, as well as the desire to see everyone succeed at what they set out to accomplish.  bear_thumb

bear_wub

dilu

WildThyme Wild Thyme Originals
Hudson, Ohio

You know what... I've heard tell of these nasty gossipy boards too... but I can't seem to FIND any of them!!!!  bear_innocent  Erin... I'm like you a Nosy-Nelly, I just wan't to see one!  bear_grin  We truly are blessed here!  We manage to keep things in check REALLY well.... we have our wonderful advisors and ourselves to thank for that!   bear_wub

Beary truly yours,
Kim Basta
Wild Thyme Originals

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA
Dilu wrote:

[b]  And no, everyone, I don't think she meant we can be this way privately either!  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin

dilu

Oh, no, never!!!  bear_laugh  HA! At least in private the whole world doesn't have to 'listen' and see our dark side!!!

Cleathero Creations Cleathero Creations
Ripley, Queensland

I visit 2 sites here and Cheap Chat and have no desire to go else where.  Both sites are close knit and stick up for and support each other. I am quite content with that who could want more?

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

I absolutory agree Daphne !! 
I love Intercal TT forum.  bear_wub

Thank you everyone for making this & keeping
this forum as nice special place.  :hug:

Bear Hugs/Marie

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia

I love it here too and so glad that I can just have fun with people who share my passion and forget my worries.  It has a lovely friendly family atmosphere  bear_wub   Thank you too Intercal and all the people who keep everything running so smoothly  bear_thumb
Sad to hear Daphne..being nice and mindful of others isn't that hard  bear_sad
Big Hugs
Sarah

jenny Three O'clock Bears
warwickshire uk
Website

There is a serious aspect to 'gossip' and 'nastiness' on these groups because they have to be pretty sure of their facts before they tap away with impunity.

It is actually and area that can get people into very hot water. Even if you don't mention the person or company by name...even if by implication there are people in the group that would know who or what was being referred to by what is being said or by innuendo, nick-names etc ...this is defamation ...and they could end up at the receiving end of a law suit.

I am glad that Intercal have taken the time to put together sensible guidelines that we all stick to. What is said in private should be kept private. It's easy to publish defamatory stuff without considering the consequences.

It's also easy to forget when sitting here at the PC that these messages get read by a potentially  wide audience...and these 'gossip' groups should be very careful they don't get held responsible for the wobbly fingers of their imaginative members.

gotobedbears Posts: 3,177

:pray: PLEASE SOMEONE EMAIL ME THE SITE ADDDRESS - THE NOT KNOWING IS DRIVING ME NUTS  :clap:

Aw go on, please, pretty pleeeese, pretty pretty pretty please  bear_innocent

Penny - a nosy cow  bear_whistle

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_original Mmmoooo . . . sniff sniff. Me too, Penny!  bear_whistle

I like to keep up with Nancy Tillberg's NCTB forum and the Edinburgh forum, but TT is 'home'.

Eileen

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

How nice to hear such wonderful comments ...but that is what Teddy Talk is all about.  Friendship, family, comraderie..... and I can't think of a better teddy board or better people that I like to "hang out" with. 

It's all of YOU who make this such a success.

Teddy Talk does not follow where the path leads but instead goes where there is no path and leaves a trail.

WildThyme Wild Thyme Originals
Hudson, Ohio
Judi wrote:

Teddy Talk does not follow where the path leads but instead goes where there is no path and leaves a trail.

Wow!!!! Judi, what an awesome quote! 

Kim Basta
Wild Thyme Originals

SunnieOne Sunnie Bears
Ridgecrest, CA

Jenny, I just had to say that I LOVE LOVE LOVE this picture
215.jpg
It makes me smile everytime I see it! Great job!
Sonya

OK GALS - IT'S BEEN HOURS SINCE I ASKED FOR THE DIRT - PLEASE TELL ME WHERE THE LEAN MEAN FIGHTIN MACHINE OF A CHAT SITE IS!!!!

PLEASE  :pray:

PRETTY PLEASE  :pray:

PRETTY PRETTY PLEASE  :pray:   bear_cry

Penny  bear_tongue

jenny Three O'clock Bears
warwickshire uk
Website

Sonya...thanks so much ....It's lovely to hear!!

clare14 Country Bears
England

Ha ha Penny!!!    bear_laugh  bear_laugh   You will let me know if you find out won't you.......   bear_whistle  bear_laugh  bear_laugh

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

Well I've been on some other boards and forums (and no, they weren't teddy forums) and frankly I left them pronto.   bear_shocked  All the nasty name calling, flaming responses and just outright slander and shouting...... and that was from the MODERATORS!!!  bear_shocked  bear_cry   Sheeesh!!!  bear_cry   

bear_wub I've no desire to include something so horrific and nasty into my little world.  Its nice in here, safe and supportive, and the teddys all know my name ...  bear_smile

We obviously all want to know - badly  :pray:

Someone PM me the info  bear_cry

rkr4cds Creative Design Studio (RKR4CDS)
suburban Chicago

I'm very new here and the thing that most impresses me is the level of organization! 

I'm on over 100 yahoo lists (moderate/own 2 and co- on 2 others, a sort of She Who Must Be Obeyed to keep them on bearmaking and not chat). OK, call me a dilitente.....  This list mixes both but scrolling through is quick & easy.

Topics are sub-headed under Index and broken down further from there. 

It becomes so easy to find the latest posts - because they're at the top of the listings and not the bottom - and go to any subjects one is interested in from there.

I'm so glad I found you!
Bobbie

Board footer