Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

- Written by Zimm, one of the bunnies to be made for my movie 'project'! -

Tuesday: The movie props dude found someone to make us... 2 cute bunnies... for the new movie, Mimzy!! (Well, only one of us will be chosen to be IN the movie!) Her name is strange.... Daff-a-ny?? But he says he likes her work. Hope she does a good job on us! She'll have to be fast cause he wants us done in less than two weeks!

Wednesday:
They are discussing what we'll be made of. What is Mo Hare? Is that like Rabbit Hare? Oh well, he doesn't want her to use that anyway. Hope they get the details worked out soon! Our noses are twitching!

Thursday: Daffany has our pictures now and is getting help and encouragement from her artist friends and the girl at Edinburgh Imports to decide on our fur... (Daphne: Hey guys, if you are going to write about me and I'm going to spend this time making you get my name right, please???) Sorry!

Friday: Hey, there is a bunny who already lives at Daphne's... he's cute and we've made friends!! She's been bent over her drawing table all day and wads of paper have been flying every where!! But our pictures are hanging all over her wall.... she must like us a lot! It's Noontime and the props dude just called. Seems the director thinks we're too big and MIGHT want us smaller than our magnificent 16" height. Said he'll be in touch at the end of the day to let her know the final decision.

Saturday: Materials arrived in the mail but no word from Mr. Props Dude. She can't do anything with our design never mind make us 'til she knows what size. And she says if we're smaller she has to order new material and smaller eyes. Is this going to hurt???

Sunday: No word, she's still working on our design though....

Monday: Finally... we're going to stay our original size so she's been working all day.... one of us is all cut and sewn.... hmmm... head looks a little funny there, Daphne... I'm not an alien ya know!! Maybe you should get some sleep! It's 1am on Tuesday now!

Tuesday: Daphne had to take her hubs to the doctors and has been gone a long time......... oh, there's the phone..... if I had my ears attached I'd answer it. Daphne: Um, if your ears aren't attached how do you know the phone is.... oh yes, you are meant to have special powers or abilities in the movie aren't you?

Good, she's home! Who called? (Daphne: It was Mr. Props....the director wants you two to only be 12" after all! He wants to know what I'm going to charge for the extra work and how soon you'll both be done! There go my weekend plans!)             
              Aww, shucks... how can one of us be the star of the movie if we're little?! (Daphne: To a 5 year old who will be holding you in the movie you will be very big, I promise! And you won't be the star anyway! Your name isn't Mimzy! I've knicknamed you Zimm after a friend who was there when I needed her recently! Besides, I don't know as you have a name in the movie!)             
              Daphne has left the computer... she's back to the paper throwing stage as she redesigns us and mumbles something about different fur, starting all over again, more gray hares on her head (we don't see any rabbits on her head!).

Stay tuned for another update!!

lbbears Wind Lake. Wisconsin

Daff-a-nay
You are so funny.  bear_grin  I can not wait to see pics of these bunnies.
Laurie

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

oh my goodness, what a wonderfull read!!

You poor thing. I sure hope they are paying you tonnes and tonnes of money.

He he he, not even I could mess up your name that bad. LOL

sewzanne Raccoon Creek Bears
New Jersey

Good luck Daphne- these bunnies will be great because they already have personality!  bear_grin

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Wonderful reading the pages from your diary ... from a Bunny's point of view.
Good luck Daphne.

Hugs
Carolyn.

bear_flower

Deb Upstate New York

Let me get this right ...

Is it YOU they want to animate?  Or the bunnies you are working on?  If it's you ... I think you're "good to go."

bear_tongue  bear_grin

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

Hmmmm......banging your head against the wall may start looking like a good pasttime...so in a word DON'T. 

:hug: Hang in there Daphne!!!!  I've faith in you that these two bunnies will be absolutely adorable!!!  bear_thumb

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin  Love this story, Miss Daphne . . . keep it going!

Cleathero Creations Cleathero Creations
Ripley, Queensland

Oh well done Daphne... I hope uyou get through this without any more grey hares...
:hug:

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_original I think these bunnies are already animated! Hang in there, Daphne!  :hug:

Eileen

Dilu Posts: 8,574

wonderful Daph, thank you, we will have such fun with you if you keep the story going!....very clever you are!

dilu

Bonnie Mountain Dreamer Bears
wooly woods of Missouri, USA

bear_laugh  bear_laugh  bear_laugh  bear_laugh  bear_laugh  bear_laugh
Daphne, you tickle my funny bone!! hee hee. I'm glad it's you doing this and not me. I'm already teetering precariously on the brink of madness and this would drive me right over the edge! bear_wacko  bear_laugh
Hang in there, You are doing great, grey hares, Mo Hare and all! :hug:

hugs,

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Update by Zimm

Wednesday: Well, she's got my head the right size but I seem to have monkey arms now! Good grief, woman!!! Time is wasting!!! Look at all the spare parts you've got laying around... except for that first tail you made me... the puppy chewed that up!
                            Daphne: Can it, rabbit! I would much rather have been outside today... it was in the 50's and for mid-winter in New England that's a heat wave! But ya know, I'm actually pretty happy with the progress made today. I'll shorten your arms up tomorrow when I poke wires in your head to make your ears stand up!!

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

LOL Daph, that's a fantastic read.  I can't wait to see the finished bunnies!!!!!!!!!

Danni

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Yay!!! It's Danni!!!!  :hug:  She's back!!!

I can't wait to see the finished bunnies too! Someone be sure to show me!  bear_tongue

melissa Honeythorpe Bears
Wellington, New Zealand
Website

oh Daphne (and bunny) you are very funny...now get back to work!!

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

bear_laugh  you are so funny Daphne !! bear_laugh
I had fun reading your & bunny's diary.

I can't wait to see your bunnies and movie!! bear_flower

Hugs/Marie

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

..... eagerly awaiting tomorrow's installment....  bear_laugh

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia

Oh Daphne you are so funny lol.  Seriously can imagine you ripping your hair out tho!!  Sending you lots of good vibes and hugs  :hug: 
xo Sarah

Deb Upstate New York
Daphne wrote:

Yay!!! It's Danni!!!!  :hug:  She's back!!!

I can't wait to see the finished bunnies too! Someone be sure to show me!  :P

LOL, what do you smoke up there anyway, on the backroads of Lake Sunapee?

Yes, it's good to see you Danni!

Sandi.S. Posts: 1,277

Daphne, you're such a hoot!

Ooops, sorry, I mean Zimm...as he is the clever little fellow behind the stories.

Does he have anything to share with us today? If not...get off the computer right now and back to work, lady!  bear_tongue

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

321.jpgzimmy.jpgDaphne, I like the name of your bun-bun.  Is he related to that OTHER Zim... the one made famous by cable TV?  You know who I'm talking about...

INVADER ZIM?

???

Aleta - The Silly Bear The Silly Bear
Portland, Oregon
Website

Daphne,  bear_flower
You're so funny!  I love this "story" about making your bunnies.  Keep it coming.  You're making an awful lot of people smile......BIG!   bear_original

Warmest bear hugs,  :hug:
Aleta

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Someone has to get a chuckle out of this... it's not me at the moment!! It's another spring like day here before temps drop back to ZERO by Saturday so I'm having a hard time sitting still and focusing!

Shel, never heard of Zim but he looks about as evil as I feel!!! My Zimm is named after our Kelly Zimmerman who happened to have the right fur for the bunny sharing his daily accounts with you. She was such a big help sending photo samples, digging thu her stash for me, shipping fur off, etc.

OK, I MUST GO SEW... I MUST GO SEW....

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

I seemed to have missed this thread.  What a riot Daphne.  This will be fun for you to sit back and read again when you are all done.  Despite the stress, you seem to be have a sense of humor still.  I can't wait to see the fnished creation.

Board footer