doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set … 749&type=1

I hope you enjoy my photography.

Have fun. Jane.

Janesjollybears JanesJollyBears
Ft.Lauderdale

FANTASTIC!!!! Thank you sooo very much for sharing!!!  What a GREAT way to start my day!!!! bear_wub

peterbear Boechout, Antwerp

Thanks so much, Jane!!   :thumbsup:
It's always a treat to see your photos of the show.  bear_smile

threadteds ThReAdTeDs®
Website

threadteds Banner Sponsor

Thank you Jane! I didn`t had time to go around, so this way I am still able to see and enjoy everyones bears  bear_original
Berta

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

You're the best, Jane . . . thanks so much for sharing Hugglets with us again!  It's always a pleasure to see the fine work and talent that makes up this show!

jenny Three O'clock Bears
warwickshire uk
Website

Super photos Jane...I didn't see you snapping my stand. I think I was gossiping elsewhere when you dropped by!

Francesca KALEideaSCOPE
Rheinfelden
Website

Thank you for the pictures! bear_flower I wish I had been there!

BFB-Lyn Brimbin Forest Bears
NSW, Australia
Website

bear_original Many thanks Jane for taking the time to share all the photo's of Hugglet's - I enjoyed looking at them all  bear_grin

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

Thank you so much, Jane! The photos are wonderful, and I really appreciate your taking the time to identify the artists.

Congratulations to everyone who was involved in putting a show like this together!

Becky

allykat Fincastle Bears
Nürnberg

Those are so fun and inspiring to look at! I spent an hour last night flipping through them. I love the rabbit artists I've seen in a few Hugglets photos I've stumbled across. Absolutely incredible. I had a toy when I was little that was my absolute favorite and those standing rabbits are like the evolved, awesome version of that toy. Once I have more skills under my belt I, too, aspire to making a Beatrix Potter style standing rabbit.

Ramble ramble. Anyway, great pics! Thanks so much for sharing!

Boop Posts: 124

Wow! So much eye candy! I could be looking at these all day! Thanks for sharing  bear_flower

customteddys Custom Teddys
Juneau, Alaska

So many bears just boggles the brain. I LOVE it! bear_wub

NIKKEL Nikkel Bears
Orient Point, NSW

Thank you so much for sharing these Jane ... it's always a wonderful treat for those of us who can't be there, and I thoroughly enjoyed the tour!  bear_wub  bear_wub

Hugs,
Marg  bear_original

Caroline D Posts: 150
Website

Hi

OMG, so many gorgeous bears, so many styles (some kinda creepy!), is there room for any more bear makers in the world?

I just joined this group, having refound toymaking, and I'm overwhelmed and humbled by the standard that's evolved since I first started making soft toys from library books in the 70's.

Is Hugglets for collectors, retail buyers, or more like say the Chelsea Flower show, for bear makers to compete with each other?

Caroline

Miser Miser Bears

oh my, absolutely stunning show! Thankyou so much for sharing the pictures with us, I wish I could have been there!  bear_wub

peterbear Boechout, Antwerp
Caroline D wrote:

Hi
OMG, so many gorgeous bears, so many styles (some kinda creepy!), is there room for any more bear makers in the world?
I just joined this group, having refound toymaking, and I'm overwhelmed and humbled by the standard that's evolved since I first started making soft toys from library books in the 70's.
Is Hugglets for collectors, retail buyers, or more like say the Chelsea Flower show, for bear makers to compete with each other?
Caroline

Hi Caroline and a very warm welcome to TT!  :rose:

I have read your introduction in the new members section and I can imagine your surprise about the changes in teddy bear making (and artistry).
This does not mean that you shouldn't make anymore teddy bears out of whatever material you choose, but it does mean that collectors (people who are willing to spend their hard-earned money on teddy bears) are becoming more and more discerning about the quality of the kind of bears they want to adopt.

Hugglets is in the first place a fair for collectors, but there are several retail shops present as well, mainly to sell their own antique and/or modern (mostly manufactured) bears.   
You must realize that Hugglets and some of the German shows like Teddybär Total (Münster) and Teddybär Welt (Wiesbaden) are international events that attract the best artists from over the world, so you are bound to see only high quality bears there.  bear_thumb

Board footer