Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

MKinsey/TBF Teddy Bear and Friends
Lancaster PA

MKinsey/TBF Editor of Teddy Bear and Friends

atmos-etch.jpgatmos-batman.jpgatmos-bananas.jpgatmos-dinner.jpgatmos-empirestate.jpgLast, here are a few more NYC atmosphere shots, just for fun:

- Empire State building
- Dinner with Alex & Janet Wilson, Mark & Susan McKay, Kellie Love, Mindy, Steven & Shane (Bear Guys)
- At dinner with Steiff, we had "bananas in a box" for dessert. Kellie had to crush the caramelized sugar box to get at the bananas. (Only in NYC would I take a picture of my food!)
- Life-sized Lego Batman. (And you thought building bears was time consuming...)
- The Etch-a-Sketch guy. He does amazing artwork on the toys, then fixes them so it's permanent.

And, that's all folks! I hope you enjoyed your virtual tour of Toy Fair as much as I enjoyed presenting it. Thank you so much for the opportunity!

Cheers,
Mindy

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Mindy, it was entirely terrific, to be part of your Toy Fair experience.  THANK YOU AGAIN for taking time out of your day(s) to include us in the show, and your impressions of it. 

You're appreciated!

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

:clap:  :clap: Mindy you are a STAR for taking the time to post all these pics and keep us updated on everything!!!  :clap:  :clap:   

I've had so much fun looking at all of your pictures, and hearing about everybody's new bears, how they're doing, and just soaking up the general atmosphere.  The food is ...whoa, is that really dessert??  How creative!  And I'm overwhelmed by the Legos Batman....what a hobby!  And the etcha sketch guy...too neat!  I couldn't even get a straight line on my Etch a Sketch as a kid  bear_grin   But I think best of all, is the pic of everybody smiling...that's a great memory to have!  bear_original

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_original  More wonderful pictures, just when I thought it was over!!

Breaking into a carmelized box to get at a banana . . . What a concept!

The Dark Knight in Lego is amazing. Very appropriate in Gotham City.

Thanks Mindy! You're the best!

Eileen

Bumpkin Bears Bumpkin Bears
Antwerp, Belgium

Mindy, I can't say hooow much I have enjoyed sharing in the show with you - it's been fantastic and I've really felt part of it bear_original  I visited New York for the first time last Summer and the atmosphere shots brought back some fun memories  bear_thumb   

Thanks again for alllll your efforts posting the pictures and writing up reports - now please put your feet up and take it easy!

all my best beary wishes,
Catherine

Jo-Ann G Budd Bears Boutique
BC, Canada

I enjoyed the show.  Thank you.

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Dear Miss Mindy,

You are a fantastic trooper!  I applaud your fantastic efforts, it was wonderful to see what you saw, and meet the people you introduced us to.  Very very wonderful experience.  I can only imagine how exhausted you were, but please know that for every TTer that posted at least 2 or 3 people experienced your wonderful show without saying anything. 

For myself, knowing that this show is not in my future, I truly enjoyed your posts and am quite grateful for your willingness to share so much of your precious time with us.  Time is the one most important thing in your life that I am sure you haven't much of, so the fact you were so willing to share with us is truly outstanding.

In my own little gollypea brain I have certain ideas about the ideal beary type person, and Miss Mindy you win the award for top Gollygeewhizykins Bear Lady.

Thank you so very much.  :hug:

dilu

Deb Upstate New York

Thank you so much Mindy for taking us all along to NYC with you.  It's been a pleasure!

Aleta - The Silly Bear The Silly Bear
Portland, Oregon
Website

Thank you so very much, Mindy!  bear_flower   It has been a lovely adventure.  It was awfully nice of you to take us all along with you.   bear_wub

Warmest bear hugs,  :hug:
Aleta

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Thanks Mindy, for allowing us to tag along on your weekend - it was grand!  So nice to get a peek at what's new in the bear world.  You are really kind to do all the extra work, just so we could be part of it.  Take care!

Hugs,

Brenda

Jare Hares & Bears Jare Hares & Bears
Polo, IL

Mindy -
You have done a wonderful job reporting on Toy Fair.

bearlyart Canna Bear Paint
NY

I would like to add my thanks for all your hard work!  It was loads of fun to see all the photos and get the inside scoop on those who were there!  You did a great job showing the scope of what it sounds like was an absolutely enormous event... the overall effect was breathtakingly exciting for all of us here.

It's OK to rest and put your feet up now (Kellie too)  bear_original
Kelly

Board footer