Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

Little Nan Posts: 233

I'm confused.. because after encountering numerous problems with bear making , eyes , noses , ears etc i never have had problems with bodies ... until now ! For some reason my bears have started to topple backward when sitting down even though I've given them a "bottom" . I though maybe its because of the leg placement ?
Any ideas anyone cos I can't figure it out as it hasn't happened before ?!?!     bear_ermm

jenny Three O'clock Bears
warwickshire uk
Website

If you are weighting the body you need to make sure the legs are positioned just very slightly back from the centre...I find it happens when the bear is weighty and the joints are not firm enough too,

I think it may have been the legs I think they were just slightly too far forward . It was a new body shape I was trying out and it had quite a big bottom , that probably didn't help either. Thanks Jenny  bear_wub

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

Speaking of weighting...Having some weight in the paws and feet can be helpful. (Most of the bear's weight is in the head and body. Having the legs sticking out in front keeps it from toppling forward. Something else may be needed to keep it from toppling backward, i.e. counter-weight.)

Becky

Yes think there's lots to consider isn't there ! Now I've studied it I think there were a few factors , definitely the leg positioning and also the weight thing , as you say counter balance , maybe weight in the feet may help . Think a degree in engineering may help !  bear_grin
Thanks Becky  bear_wub

Board footer