Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

I just innocently asked the prop manager for the movie, "Mimzy" for which I'm making the bunnies, what the bunny's name is. Hey, you spend all this time making them, your imagination starts to take hold and it's nice to know it's name. His answer: MIMZY!

GULP!!!!!!

I am making the main character in the movie. As previously mentioned, this movie was written by the same guy who wrote Stuart Little... we all know the role Stewart played in that movie.

Oh my!!!!! Talk about PRESSURE!! I'm glad I didn't ask while making the first one. I've read that "Mimzy" was a doll. Apparently, since the synopsis was made public the 'doll' became a rabbit. He didn't clarify that this was indeed Mimzy. Only said it's one of the toys the children in the movie discover.

I'm part way through the second bunny... plan to ship on Wednesday... will post pictures when they are both done. I'm not too happy with the first bunny and will not like the second as I don't like the material he has to be made of. But, I'm being way too hard on myself according to my bear club ladies and my neighbor and husband. You all can be the judge in another day or two.

I need a drink and some chocolate!!!

fribblesltd fribbles, ltd.
Kalispell, Montana

*comfort pat & hands over emergency pound of chocolate*  = )   Take a deep breath and remember, all artists are perfectionists and their own worst critics!  I for one can't wait to see it!  That movie really was so sweet!  So awesome that you have such a great opportunity!

= )  Remember, a pound of chocolate cures all worries, fears, ills, and makes one happy. 

Amelia

bearlyart Canna Bear Paint
NY

You're too closely involved with the little ones to be a fair judge, something tells me they're lovely  bear_original

Hang in there!
Kelly

Sandi.S. Posts: 1,277

Daphne, take in a deep breath...I'm confident that you're just being too hard on yourself. I can't wait to see these little guys. Wednesday, huh?  bear_whistle

Did they give you any idea of when the movie would actually hit the theatres? I can't wait to take my daughter to see your Mimzy!  bear_wub

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

No doubt....I can't wait to grab the popcorn and see this one in the theatres.  How cool is that to be able to point to the main character and say "I know Mimsy's MOM !! bear_grin "

I'll fork over my Fosters Special Bitters for you if you'd like...but only AFTER you've finished with the sewing!   bear_tongue   I'm sure you'll be your own worst critic....I'll bet both buns are adorable  bear_wub

Meri Bears (UK) West Sussex, England

Daphne

I love this story bear_wub

Can't wait to see your piccies bear_original

:hug:

Just Us Bears Just Us Bears
Australia

WoW Daph...that sure is pressure with a capital 'P'!!! What gets me is how disorganized this director of props is...heck if this bun is the main charactor...how can he have left it SO to the last minute to have him created?? You'd think he would've got onto it ages ago. Maybe he's heard that artists work best under pressure but sheesh!

Sending more power to ya! Daphne's gonna be a screen mum!!!! Wowee! bear_thumb

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

Ooh Daphne, I am SO excited for you!!!!!!!!!!  That's wonderful news!!!!!  I don't know how you are handling the pressure, but I know you can do it!

Danni

Gatehouse Bears Gatehouse Gallery
Lockwood, Victoria, Australia

Panic later and fix it with drinks and chocolate...I CAN'T WAIT to see your bunnies bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Thanks for the encouragement girls!

In the prop master's defense... it's the DIRECTOR who keeps changing his mind.
Here's a bit of what the prop master emailed me today:

The bunny is named Mimzy. The bunny idea has replaced the original 
doll concept. We had hundreds ( no exaggeration) of drawings of the 
original doll and narrowed them to a "hero" doll that I had a local 
doll maker make a prototype of for directorial approval. We were very 
anxious to see that doll and the poor woman who was making it found 
that she was having a bit of a problem with making a doll so closely 
to someone else's specs. On the happy day that the prototype was 
ready for pickup, I made the 50 mile round trip to get the doll and 
have it back at the office in time for a meeting that was scheduled 
with the director.
I arrived to be told by the designer that the director had just been 
in his office to see the concept drawings of the doll and decided 
that the doll should now be a bunny!

I'm waiting to hear they've decided to make Mimzy a dinosaur!!!

I can totally inderstand how hard of a time the doll maker had making that doll look like some elses specs!

Gotta run... dinner is burning............ it's always something!

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Wow, Daphne . . . I'm so glad I know you!  You're gonna be famous!  Can't wait to see your prototypes!  Movie directors must have a sadistic streak in them!

I Love Teddies South Florida
Website
fribblesltd wrote:

*comfort pat & hands over emergency pound of chocolate*  = )   Take a deep breath and remember, all artists are perfectionists and their own worst critics!  I for one can't wait to see it!  That movie really was so sweet!  So awesome that you have such a great opportunity!

= )  Remember, a pound of chocolate cures all worries, fears, ills, and makes one happy. 

Amelia

I like what Amelia said.   bear_original

bear_cry Gosh, that poor dollmaker!!   bear_cry   I think this director is a bit  :twisted: ...are they all like this??

BearBottoms 'Bear' Bottoms Originals
Ft. Bragg, NC

Oh Daphne!!  I'll admit, I do envy you all the same!!!!

Don't worry, once you are done and look back, you'll say, "I DID do a good job, didn't I?"  After you ship out that package, you make sure you go get sloshed.... ha ha, just joking... maybe.

Kimberly W.

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Awwww....you're doing just fine.  breathe deep and enjoy the drink.....And we are all positive that Mimzy 1 and Mimzy 2 will be just fine as well.....

go for the chocolate.....boost your hormone level....everything will be better.....

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Well, I've had so much chocloate now that I've practically taken a whole vial's worth of insulin shots to counteract the sugar!!!
It's probably a good thing I don't drink or I'd have to have the insulin in an IV!!!!

I am pleased to report that my hands are holding up quite well. (Some one asked about them somewhere.) My dear friend Debbie D gave me some good stretching exercises to do and strict orders to ice often. I have and it's helped!!!  :dance:

Thank you all again.
:hug:
Daphne

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Daphne, I just can't wait to see Mimzy - keep up the good work!!  Hugs, Brenda

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

this movie was written by the same guy who wrote Stuart Little..

Wow, what a pressure !!!! When you finish your bunny, would
you give me your autograph ? bear_smile
I'm so glad that I know you !!!(oops, I think
Sue-Ann said it already...)

Hugs/Marie

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

Marie_ wrote:

this movie was written by the same guy who wrote Stuart Little..

Wow, what a pressure !!!! When you finish your bunny, would
you give me your autograph ? bear_smile
I'm so glad that I know you !!!(oops, I think
Sue-Ann said it already...)

Hugs/Marie

I second that... or is it "third"???  :)

Daphne I KNOW they will turn out just great!  Trying to send lots of calming thoughts your way.... and this is SO cool!!!   :hug:

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

I'm thinking they could have found someone better than me to be doing this!!! I can think of at least 5 people right here on TT!!!

Have you ever tried to make a bear look exactly like an computer generated graphic? Did you succeed????

I'm driving myself MAD!!!  bear_wacko

:hug: I'm sure they will look just like the photographs, so don't you fret!!!  Just give it your best, and I'm sure the buns will shine and be gorgeous in the movie....and probably steal the show!  bear_thumb   

I'm glad the stretching and icing is doing the trick for you... just keep it up, you're almost finished. 

Ooooh, and if you want a truly GOOD chocolate fix without the worries of sugar, try these chocolates from Ross http://www.rossdirect.com/  I ordered the sample pack, and promptly ordered in the orange, cherry, raspberry, and mint chocolate bars....boxes and boxes of them!!!  They're YUMMY!!!  Belgian chocolates, silky texture, and they beat so many of our US chocolate bars for taste.  The mint ones even remind me of the tiny mints I used to eat as a kid, can't remember the name of them off the top of my head, they were a small square wrapped in a green wrapper, a chocolate rectangle with a thin green wafer running through the middle of them....oh,  :doh:  why can't I remember the name??  :doh:   Anyway, long n short, the chocolates are YUMMY, and they're made with NO SUGAR!!!!!  Plus the company was lightning fast with the shipping  :teddybear:

ANDES mints!!!  That's what they were.... and these taste just like them without the sugar

bearlyart Canna Bear Paint
NY

Kinda sounds like this group is hard to work with no matter WHAT they want, doll, bunny, whatever.  Too bad you don't know the dollmaker mentioned, sounds like she could empathize with the entire situation.  See now, if this were me and knowing my luck, I'd kill myself making the bunnies, hand them in and then they'd say "Sorry, we've decided Mimzy needs to be a ROBOT!"  We'll just hope that your luck is better than mine!
bear_rolleyes

And while I strongly suspect that your bunnies are gorgeous and just what they were looking for... if you're really worried about this little minute detail or that differing from the image they provided, remind yourself that they are going to expect some artistic license on the actual product anyway!  If they didn't want an artist's interpretation of their design, they would have used a computer-generated bunny in the movie.

And when this is over, we all promise not to mention bunnies around you ever again  bear_flower
Hugs,
Kelly

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Except to say Daphne... I love your sense of humor.  Great new avatar!!!

bear_original

newbearland Christchurch, New Zealand

Daphne what a honour to be making the star of a movie.....hmmm possible oscar nomination here I reckon.

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Daphne, I have complete confidence in you and your ability to make these bunnies exactly what the director is looking for!!!!!!!! You have done reeeeally well so far, and we are very proud of you.   Just remember this is an adventure we would all love to be having, but "you" are the lucky one.   By the way, that is one wicked avatar - I looooove it!  So, deep breath,  sit up straight and repeat after me - I can do this, I can do this - I AM DOING THIS!!   Can't wait to see the pictures. 

Hugs,

Brenda

Board footer