Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

edmondnutmeg Padfield bears
Derbyshire
Website

my 1st mouse humm need to try a cat next!

1375973897_dandy_hopkins_087.jpg
1375973953_dandy_hopkins_100.jpg
1375974344_dandy_hopkins_110.jpg
Felix Pepper.
Felix is on a mercy dash. He has a tasty hunk of Emmental wrapped up in a clean handkerchief carefully stowed in his shopping basket. He needs to get there quickly as the delicious smell of that cheese is making his nose twitch and his mouth water. But he mustn’t eat it, as it is a present for his friend who is on nest rest after a nasty shock. Felix expressly pointed out the dangers of knorring at wires and cables but he just couldn’t resist - he’s lucky to still be alive. Still not all mice are as bright as Felix and hardly any are as thoughtful or have his will power for that matter.
BTW I just noticed one of his whiskers has gone curly - will have to get the straighteners out again!
Michelle

Ivyworks Ivyworks Artistry
Ottawa, Ontario

I love him, what an awesome first attempt  bear_thumb Love his background story too, what a thoughtful little guy  bear_wub  bear_grin

clwilmot HandmadebyCarrie
Tallmadge, Ohio
Website
Derbyshire
Website

Thanks Shannon!
Michelle

Francesca KALEideaSCOPE
Rheinfelden
Website

This mouse is really adorable! I also love the fur you have used. bear_wub
Can't wait to see the cat!  bear_original

Christina Posts: 978
Website

A wonderful mouse! I love the face!  bear_wub

Hazelwood Crafts Hazelwood Crafts
Kent
Website

He is delightful! That fur is just so mousey.

A
Xxxxx

Caroline D Posts: 150
Website

Lovely face, with his little lopsided smile. And the fur is gorgeous, sort of grizzled and country-mouse looking.

Derbyshire
Website

Thank you Carrie, Francesca, Christina, Anita, and Caroline!  :rose:
I only have a little bit of this mohair left now enough for a very small bear but it is one of those you wish you had bought some more of. I really like a contrasting backing, I intended to make an old (age) bear with it being gray. As usual it didn't work out that way I made a little bear (Edmond Nutmeg- whose eyes are bigger than his belly) that turned out a bit middle earth and was bought as he had the same expression as the collectors dog. Hey thats an idea maybe I should try a little dog!
1376128029_edmond_nutmeg.jpg
Back to Felix - Oh no! his smile doesn't look lopsided in the fur but I can see what you mean on the last pic maybe its the angle of the photo. Does it look bad?  should I loose the photo on bearpile? Or do I need to make it lopsided on Felix?  :lol:
Michelle

Caroline D Posts: 150
Website

I don't know if you should lose the photo, perhaps just another one to show that it isn't actually lopsided? I thought it looked sweet, but I can that you might think it gives the wrong impression, i.e. wonky, if it's not actually correct.

Derbyshire
Website

Not sure my self either- will double check his smile when I sort out that errant whisker with the curl.
Michelle

Board footer