Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

Robert Csech Posts: 20

I have tried to post on this site, pictures of my old bear but some how I just can't get it right. For those who would like to pictures and  read my  blog please Google in Robert Csech, Prospect Heights Patch. I absolutely have a very early, undocumented Ideal bear circa 1903. I have learned that some people believe the original American bear had teeth. Well he did not have teeth.  Teeth came along with the cracker jack bears in 1905. And then of course the books written on the Roosevelt bears in late 1905.And lets not for get the Laughing Roosevelt bear made by the Columbia Teddy Bear Co. Many people say this is my old bear , Well he is not. You see the Columbia Teddy Bear Company tried to duplicate, Morris Michtom's original teddy bear but they just quite didn't have the talent the Michtom's had just down the street in Brooklyn, N.Y.  Before this date came buttons, pin back buttons, glass plates, post cards. Documenting the original Teddy Roosevelt bear with a full open mouth with just a tongue. These items are rare and hard to get. but they are around. P.S. About a month age I sent a nice letter and pictures of my bear to Valerie Rogers, Editor of Bears and Buds. To this day I have received No Reply. She Knows about my old bear!

desertmountainbear desertmountainbear
Bloomsburg, PA

Robert, is this your bear pictured on your blog post? He has a fantastic face.  It is so happy.  I love how his eyes sit high on his head.  What a beauty.

Robert Csech Posts: 20

Hello, Joanne. This is my old bear on my blog. I thank you for taking the time to see my blog and pictures. This bear of mine is in all original condition. i have learned that the Michtom's in 1903 created this bear to stand upright and to have this everlasting smile!. Can you see my old bear smile with his full open mouth!

Board footer