Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

Kelly_Belly Posts: 1

Hello! 
I just signed up because I have spent 14 years off and on trying to find a particular bear.  I'm guessing it is a bear that would have been popular from around 1985-1989?

Description:
Sitting position, slouched forward (shaped similarly to a polar bear toy)
Gray body and white tummy and face (also came in a panda bear)
Long arms and legs

Since Friday, I have viewed over 50,000 images and have only found ONE that comes close.  So, I'm heading to forums to seek the help of my fellow collectors.
I know they came in smaller sizes but there was also a massive size bear which is what you usually saw.  The Coca-Cola company came out with the polar bears in 1990 that look like they stole the design.

This is the only image I have been able to find that is close to what I'm looking for:

panda-1-21.JPG

Any tips are appreciated and thank you so much in advance!  It's driving me nutty not being able to find this bear!  bear_wacko

BlackmoonBear Sacred Bear Studios
Saint Petersburg, Florida

I can tell you that the bear in this photo was made by Manhattan toy company (also known as carousel), in the early '80's....there were many sizes and variations done of this basic design, including a grey  bear that had a white tummy and muzzle.

Hope that points you in  the right direction.

Board footer