Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

Aleta - The Silly Bear The Silly Bear
Portland, Oregon
Website

What a week!  I just wanted to let you all know how thankful I am that you are in my life.  We post the good, the bad, the happy, the sad, in our lives.  I talk with my husband over dinner about who posted what, like we've all been friends for years.  This makes my heart happy.  It's great to know a bunch of women and men that I "get" and who "get" me.  That whole "artist" thing.  What an amazing way to communicate.....this internet.  Who knew?  Seriously.

To those hurting.....my heart aches.  To those happy.....I rejoice.  I am not able to read all the posts.....the membership has grown so much since, even I, joined the group.  I can't even imagine how the girls do it who oversee the whole membership and answer all the questions.  A huge debt of gratitude is owed by all of us.

To  Intercal and Quy.  Thank you Intercal for opening this forum.....a brilliant idea.  Did you know it would grow this fast and mean so much to so many people?  To Quy, you are amazing and gifted and talented and all those splendiferous words that escape me right now.  Thank you.  I'm especially thankful to you for the picture/avatar change.  It's so much fun to point the mouse to the avatar/picture, read the post, and imagine the person right there talking.  That is the coolest thing!  It means you gals and guys are no longer "imaginary friends".  So, to those of you who've not posted a picture......you're still imaginary!!

Okay, so I've just finished watching the academy awards.  I've not won a thing in film.  I'm a winner in what really counts even though I don't win a fancy gold trophy and I'm not sprinkled with fairy dust.  I'm given a persons trust with personal information, their heart, their triumphs, their delimmas, their good, bad and ugly.  I am given the greatest gift of all......friendship.  For that I am honored and and blessed.

With all my most heartfelt hugs,  :hug:
Aleta

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Three Cheers to Aleta, you silly thing  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

I couldn't have said it better. I agree, having the pics makes you guys REAL and I love REAL!

We are very grateful for your friendship Too....

dilu

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

Oh Aleta, you said it all and said it so beautifully. bear_wub  I'm so touched.  bear_cry

Yes, I love TT members friendship and
it's feel like I won a gold medal or
gold medal-chocolate .  bear_laugh  bear_flower

Hugs/Marie

Shari Nova Scotia,Canada

Thank-you Aleta for expressing my heart and the hearts of all the wonderful TTers here.We really are a family and such a wonderful support to each other.
Big huge group hugs eveyone!!!!  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Amanda Pandy Potter Bears
Staffordshire, UK

Yep Aleta you have said it so well. TT was really there for me last year when I was a bit low. I feel loads better and the support on here is fantastic. Posting can be a problem as it has grown so much, but that also means there are more people to share. :hug: Thank you for expressing how many of us feel.

Wisdom Bears Wisdom Bears
Ayrshire, Scotland.

Aleta, I think you have said it all. Whoever would have thought that I can speak whenever I want to TT. Scotland is a very small country ,but I feel I have visited every country in the world through Teddy Talk. I,ve even tried the soup recipe from Russia, and it was wonderful Julia!!. Without our precious Quy where would we be, he makes it so exciting for us all. I think loads must go on in the background that we know nothing about and then we get the surprizes when they happen.   Hugs to everyone  Rita xxxxxx

WildThyme Wild Thyme Originals
Hudson, Ohio

Couldn't agree more with you lovely Aleta!   :hug:

Kim Basta
Wild Thyme Originals

kathytaylor Ruby Mountain Bears
Northern Nevada, USA

I feel as if I do know you all in person, we have just yet to meet face to face. My husband to hears all about you all, your kids, your dogs, families, illnesses. like you are our far away relatives. ( Only you might be love more) My childrean read over my shoulder and hurt for your animals when they are sick just like they are ours.
Hugs to you all!!!

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Aleta, Beautifully put, my friend. :hug:

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

Aleta,thanks for sharing your heartfelt feelings.  You explained exactly how I've been  feeling.  I was thinking about posting a thanks to everyone, but you said it so well.  Yesterday I was thinking about how special this "family' is to me, and how much I would like to meet you all someday.  I share some of the stories here with my family too, and yes my kids read over my shoulder also.  You guys are my bestest  friends.   bear_grin  :hug:  :hug:

TamiL Dolls N Dreams
Aurora, Colorado

That is sweet!! Its a great place!  :hug:

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Aleta, I think you have eloquently put into words, what we are all thinking in our minds - thank you!

Hugs,

Brenda

bearsbybeesley bears by beesley TM
Tofield Alberta Canada

Aleta! We thank you as well Darlin. You bring such a lovely personality to this forum. You are Funny, Helpful, Sweet and Endearing all rolled up into one! We adore you Sweetie!

Many Hugs and Much love Louise

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

:hug: Indeed, said very eloquently!!  :hug:   I'm the same way...filling in OH on the Teddy news of the day  bear_happy   Its so nice to have such wonderful friends spanning the whole Earth!  :hug:

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Well, I just couldn't have said it more sincerely or graciously.  Thanks, Aleta, for saying aloud what I think, believe, and am grateful for, every moment of every day.  I'm truly blessed to know you, each and every one.  My life is enriched and better for it.

bear_flower  :hug:  bear_flower

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

You are so true, Aleta!

I love so much chatting here that my life would become empty without you all!

Beary hugs,
Sophie.

lemmonbears Lemmon Bears
Oregon Coast

Very well said! Thanks Aleta for putting it into words!  bear_wub   I feel the same way. I don't post often, but it is good know you all are here.  I also talk to my husband about teddy talk too!
Joan

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

That was beautiful, Aleta!   bear_grin   bear_cry   bear_grin

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

As everybody has already stated, I don't think what TT means to all of us could've been expressed any better, Aleta!  You have truly captured the essence of what this international forum has become . . . a home away from home, family, camaraderie, understanding, and sincere friendship.  Don't see how it could get any better than this!  Of course, Kjeld and Quy will come up with something - - - - - - - even as we speak.  Thank you, Aleta!

baggaley bears Baggaley Bears
UK ( nottinghamshire )
Website

Aleta, Very well put hun  bear_wub  Thank you

Hugs
Vicki

Tracy ThimbleBeary Originals
Iowa
Website

bear_wub How beautifully said, Aleta.  I feel the same, but could not put it into words as you have!  Thank you! :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Tracy

Just Us Bears Just Us Bears
Australia

Ditto Aleta. Thanks for saying so beautifully what we all know to be true. TT is my friendship circle, my support circle and my sense of where I sit in the whole scheme of teddy bear artistry. I live quite a solitary life and don't enjoy the social scene and yet still have the same yearning to be cared about and  to care for that everyone else does. You guys are better friends than a girl or guy could ever ask for and I am so thankful for being able to share the lives of each and every one of you. :hug:
My only regret is that I can't spend as much time here as I would like....as in all day! bear_laugh
At the moment, I'm only managing once or twice a week, and with 7 or 8 plus pages of posts, I can really only skim them, which is so hard. But I'm having to choose between getting beras made for my first show in May and spending time with you guys......it's a tough choice but the bears must prevail! bear_laugh  bear_grin  bear_ermm
Group hugs all 'round! :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  bear_wub

Jill West Palm Beach, FL

Beautifully and eloquently articulated Aleta.

Jill

starlite Starlite Bears
Renfrew,Scotland

Me Too :dance:  :dance:
TT is the place of my dreams filled with wonderful angels ( that's all of you just in case you are not so sure!!)
who talk teddies bear_thumb
A Huge thank you to all who created teddy talk and of course all you who make it!!
:hug:  :hug:

plushkinbear BEAR ME SHOOTKA
Vladivostok, RUSSIA

Aleta, you said it beautifully and I do feel the same.. bear_wub

I'm honored and happy to got to know all of you, my creative friends.  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  bear_wub  bear_wub

Julia
from Russia with love  :dance:  bear_tongue  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

Board footer