Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

Tracy ThimbleBeary Originals
Iowa
Website

Golly.jpgMeet Golly, my English Mastiff.  Full name Goliath-- AKA Golly, Goo Goo, Hefalump, and The Big Goohuna.

Faves:  snacking (anything edible and a few things that aren't, like crayons), sleeping and laying around like a big lump, sitting on the couch (keeps his front feet on the floor, so he can't get in trouble for laying on the furniture.  looks ridiculous, too! bear_tongue ), hanging out with his mom.

Peeves: vacuum cleaner (it's evil! :twisted: ), baths (the tub is kind of a tight sqeeze), door-to-door salesmen (don't get many of those anymore--wonder why?), and not much else really since he's such a laid back, loveable guy.

I came across this picture of him this morning and thought I would share it.  You can see the edge of the kitchen table in the bottom left corner....Yes, he's taller than the table! bear_grin  This was taken a year or so ago, and he's filled out more since.  I can't buy a ready made collar big enough for him now, so had to have one custom made at the saddle shop.  It's been awhile since he was weighed last (have to do it at the grain elevator), but last time was just shy of 220 lbs.  A big boy, and my big, sweet baby!  bear_wub  bear_wub

:hug:
Tracy

WildThyme Wild Thyme Originals
Hudson, Ohio

Oh my gosh Tracy!!! You live with a small horse! You really do!!!  Oh, what a sweet face!   bear_smile

Kim Basta
Wild Thyme Originals

Wisdom Bears Wisdom Bears
Ayrshire, Scotland.

Oh Tracy, I adore Bull Mastiffs ,they are such beautiful dogs, but as My Husband is a German Shepherd lover, Thats the only breed we have had in 48years.. I still love them though. Hugs Rita xxxxx

Aleta - The Silly Bear The Silly Bear
Portland, Oregon
Website

OMG!!!  That's the biggest Golly I have ever seen in my life!!  Quite handsome though!

Warmest hugs,  :hug:
Aleta

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

ha ha ha, my dog is only 5 lbs. So he looks more like this...... e050.gif 
I have always loved mastifs though. Such beauty. But I have to admit, I don't envy the poop you have to clean up and the dirty paws!! But I bet he's not such a chicken like my little one.

Iowa
Website

He is a small horse--wearing a dog suit! bear_laugh  Thank goodness he doesn't gallop around the house....that would take way too much energy for him!  Golly really is the best dog--I love him to pieces (except for the massive slingers after he drinks and pooper scooper duty in the backyard! bear_tongue ).  I'm a firm believer that everyone should own at least one mastiff in their lifetime.  It is quite the experience! bear_grin

Heather--He is a big chicken!  The dumbest things scare him.......like having to step over any electrical cord or gardnen hose or barn cat in his path.....  bear_grin  The dirty paws are wiped off at the door when he comes in if it's muddy.  He stands patiently and waits for me to finish all four.  It's kind of like picking out the horses feet in the barn........

Tracy

bearsbybeesley bears by beesley TM
Tofield Alberta Canada

What a beautiful puppy dog. He looks so proud of himself and a very happy boy!

Many Hugs Louise

Sandi.S. Posts: 1,277

Tracy, what a beautiful dog! You could saddle that boy and have pony rides!  bear_tongue

lbbears Wind Lake. Wisconsin

Oh my, what a big beautiful baby.  And I though my two 60 pds labs were big.
Laurie

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

Awwwhhhhh....I love mastiffs!!!  bear_wub   Your boy is a wonderful example of the breed...what a sweetheart  bear_wub   And a big one at that  bear_grin

Dilu Posts: 8,574

What a wonderful pupster you have there!  And I thought having a dobey in the house was overwhelming!

dilu

Shari Nova Scotia,Canada

Aww. my sister has a big female (Harley after the motorbike) and she is just a big, gentle giant.  bear_wub   bear_wub   bear_wub   bear_wub

gotobedbears Posts: 3,177

What a Golly Gosh Gorgeous Dog!!!  bear_wub

He's lovely Tracy - wish i had a dog  bear_cry

Penny  :hug:

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

A beautiful dog, Tracy . . . and he looks like a real sweetie!

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

What a gorgeous dog.  My sister-in-law has a bull mastif, Max...who thinks he should sit in my lap which involves his upper body on me and his back half on the floor.  He's perfectly content to sit like that for as long as I can stand the drool.

Love them...want to find one for my oldest son who would...well...kill to have a puppy!!!

Iowa
Website

Shantell--Golly has been known to plop himself on us too when he sits himself on the couch....and the drool does take some getting used to...if that's possible! bear_tongue

Golly is just a gentle giant.  A major sweety!  Penny, I would share him with you if I could bear_grin ..........

Tracy

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

They are just so big and goofy in the most lovable way.  I've also had my tonsils cleaned a time or two....EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!  I learned to keep my mouth shut when he's lap sitting!!!

kassiebears Kassie Bears TM/Creations of Mysticism
Oregon

"He is a small horse--wearing a dog suit!" I'll say! Holy Cow! Tracy
He looks like such a sweety.  :hug:
I think I have a pony his size. Can I borrow him this summer?  We are one horse short for friends that come riding with us.  *grin*

Golly ... . what a good looking dog.  bear_original

Hugs Kassie

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Tracy, Golly is lovely!  I wish I could throw my arms around him for a hug. 

Hugs,

Brenda

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Wonderful big doggie - Golly has such a gentle, lovely face.

lemmonbears Lemmon Bears
Oregon Coast

He is wonderful, I would love to have one! I love big dogs.  My lab is 80 lbs, a big girl and she loves to sit on my lap and sleep in our bed.  I could make room for one more......hubby can sleep on the floor. bear_grin  bear_grin
Joan

Board footer