Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Ok, here's the latest version of Mimzy.

mimzystandside.jpg

Have I mentioned this has been impossible to do? This bunny not of my design, not of my taste, of cheap material and strange proportions.

They didn't want it painted or separate insets of white material. Needlefelted 'white' areas became the solution. I don't see much of a difference in that or using white material.

Jointing on the legs was another challenge... they had to be jointed and they had to go on the bottom of the body, not the sides where we'd normally joint a bear.

I keep learning more about this bunny and what happens to it in the movie... but only if I know to ask the right questions as they are volunteering very little. Anyway, this bunny comes from the future. During the movie it 'ages' some how. One of the reasons they have to have 6 of these buggers is so to have it in various stages of aging. I dread seeing what the bunny will look like by the end!! I see felted wool hanging off the body!!!! Most of what the bunny is stuffed with is plastic pellets. I had to stuff it with polyfil first, needlefelt on the white parts, pull the stuffing that wasn't fussed to the wool out then fill with pellets. There isn't a whole lot there holding the wool on!

I sent this bunny off today. Will hear tomorrow what they think. Then I still have to make 5 more if there are no changes. Think I can get 5 more 'naval swirls' to look identical??? HA!!! I took lots of closeups so I can get them all looking like this one the best I can.

Here is a before, after and after shot. The first bunny is my first lousy, rushed attempt. The middle bunny is their computer image of how they want the bunny to look. The third is about the best I can do.

all3.jpg

I'm done boring you with tales of Mimzy. I will leave you with this fact:

Definition of Mimzy: Miserable and Flimsy  (So I've changed my name to Mimzy as that's about how I feel at this point!)

Cleathero Creations Cleathero Creations
Ripley, Queensland

I think you are doing a fantastic job.  :clap:  much Kudos to you.
i could never do it.

plushkinbear BEAR ME SHOOTKA
Vladivostok, RUSSIA

Daphne, I think you are a hero!  :pray:
your are going to make 5 identical bunnies!!!!!!!! I wouldn't count on me to make the same design 5 times!!  bear_laugh
You go! I love your last one the best..

...maybe arms should be more slimmer??  bear_laugh  bear_laugh as on the second picture  bear_grin  bear_tongue

I like him..I'll treasure the future movie and will ask you for a autograph..  bear_wub  bear_wub

Julia  :hug:

WildThyme Wild Thyme Originals
Hudson, Ohio

Oh Daphne!!!!  your bunny looks EXACTLY like what they wanted it to look like... EXACTLY!!!!  If they say it's not close enough... they are all going to have to visit the eye doctor!  WOW girl!   bear_wub

Kim Basta
Wild Thyme Originals

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

You need to give yourself a HUGE pat on the back...and BIG HUG coming your way from Riley & Chubs and me of course.  Now go get some chocolate and celebrate.  You have done a fantastic job.

bear_wub   :hug:   bear_wub

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

Daphne there is no way they could want changes. That bear looks exactly like the one in their picture.  You are AMAZING !  Give yourself a huge pat on the back, even if they aren't completely satisfied.   :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Sandi.S. Posts: 1,277

Oh, Daphne, I think the new Mimzy is perfect! I'm sorry to hear you're a bit frustrated with the whole thing. But really, you should be so proud of yourself. I know when it's all over with, you will be proud!  :hug:  :hug:

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Daphne, my girl, you've done it!!!!!  Mimzy is fabulous and identical to their photo.  They can't possibly want any more changes.  I don't know how you've managed to accomplish it because I'm sure they have noooooo idea how difficult it is to work to someone else's specs.  You may be fed up but you should be beaming with pride - we all are.   And we are not bored - if the rest of the gals are like me, they want "all" the dirt on how things are going, too.  Take care and bye for now.

Hugs,

Brenda

Shari Nova Scotia,Canada

Wow Daphne ,you met the challenge head on and you are triumphant!!! Mimzy looks just like the picture!  bear_wub   bear_wub  :clap:   :clap:   :clap:

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

Well I'm certainly not bored...its fascinating to watch Mimzy morph and come to life.  I'm surprised you didn't go  :twisted: on them, though.  Yeesh you've had to jump through enough hoops.  I would have laughed at them over the needlefelting and told them no, as I haven't even gotten a full grasp of what it is, let alone do it!  bear_laugh   But you've pulled it off gal, your latest attempt is FANTASTIC!!! 

Oooh, I don't know about seeing Mimzy aged though  bear_cry   I hope they don't do too much damaging...

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

Aww Daphne, new Minzy !  :clap:
3rd Minzy bunny looks EXACTLY to the 2nd 3D-drawing bunny.
I know it's not your taste, not your design but but but
you created the EXACT Minzy bunny from the drawing !!!!
You are amazing !!!  bear_wub  bear_flower  bear_laugh

Hugs/Marie

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Oh Daphne, Mimzy is such a gorgeous bunny and what a super job you have done.
Best of luck with the other 5 ... You will be busy.

Hugs
Carolyn
  bear_flower

I Love Teddies South Florida
Website

Daphne,

I think you're doing a great job, and Mimzy looks like the picture.  They're really keeping you busy!  If they don't like the bunnies, you can always send them to me and I'll take them off your hands.   bear_grin  bear_tongue

lemmonbears Lemmon Bears
Oregon Coast

Your Mimzy looks great!!
Joan

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

I agree with everyone that you've done a superlative job on a very difficult project . . . way to go, Daphne!
Don't think your final product could've been any better!   :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

I gotta say it to, your bunny is the exact replica Daphne. I can't imagine how you've done it.

And really, as IF we are bored with your stories.

Do you really want us to call you Mimzy?? LOLOL bear_laugh  bear_laugh

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

:clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap: Daphne, i am in awe for your fantastic work! Did you realize that your last Mimzy is even better than the drawing? He is just perfect!
Yes, I said PERFECT!  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

:hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Beary hugs,
Sophie.

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

OH WOW NEAT!!!!! Daphne, I WANT ONE!!!!! bear_cry  :dance: (my version of a tantrum) :lol

Their version looks like it could be achieved by spraypainting only, with a template for the button swirl in order to get them all the same.

I think you have done a fantastic job.  All the best. will keep fingers crossed for you!!!!!!!! :hug:

jenny Three O'clock Bears
warwickshire uk
Website

I think you worked a miracle!! Especially the needlfelting.....I am amazed!!! :clap:  :clap:

rufnut Rufnut Teddy's
Victoria Australia

Well done Daphne, I think you have done a fantastic job of Mimzy, you should be proud, its sad that you couldn't have had a bit more free reign on the bunny to do what you want.

Helena Bears-a-Bruin!
Macclesfield, UK

Gosh, Mimzy is just adorable!!!! I love her! And I don't think they will be able to find anything wrong...in fact, I can already see the Mimzy's stacked up in toy shops around the Country. She would sell like hot cakes, I'm sure! You must be SO excited Daphne - a huge great 'well done' to you!!!!  :clap:  bear_wub

Amanda Pandy Potter Bears
Staffordshire, UK

Stop stressing, absolutely fantastic! :clap:

kathytaylor Ruby Mountain Bears
Northern Nevada, USA

You've done another excellent job!! I am amazed that you can make them look exactly like thier computer image. Keep us posted.
Kathy

lbbears Wind Lake. Wisconsin

Daphne, I agree with everyone comments.  Mimzy looks just like they want it to, you did an excellent job :clap:  :clap:  :clap:
:hug:  :hug:
Laurie

vkallum Humble-Crumble Collectors Bears
Essex, England
Website

Daphne

You've done a fantastic job, to be honest I had to look closely twice and read your message though again to be certain which was you latest bunny and which was their computer design.  I think you've done a superb job! :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Board footer