Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

Aleta - The Silly Bear The Silly Bear
Portland, Oregon
Website

March-Storm-2.jpgMarch-Storm.jpgJust look at what those naughty March leprechauns brought as a surprise overnight!!  Now some of you might be saying....yeah, so.  Well, it's March for pitys sake!  And it's not even supposed to snow here in Portland, Oregon.....at all!  I have shivering palm trees in the back yard!  Just two days ago it was 64 degrees!  This is just NUTS.  It's awfully pretty though, isn't it?

Dilu, Kassity, Shantell, Winney?  Did the leprechauns bring you this pretty present too?

Warm, white, fluffy snow filled hugs,  :hug:
Aleta

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

Yep...not that much....but we got snow here too!!!   What the heck is up with that?

Update:  It's now just raining and turning to ugly slush  bear_sad

Sandi.S. Posts: 1,277

Your pictures are really pretty. I wouldn't mind if it snowed again here!  bear_happy

gotobedbears Posts: 3,177

Oh My Good Lord!!!! How absolutely beautiful Aleta  bear_wub

We NEVER have any decent snowfall here in Blighty - you lucky lucky thing!

Penny  :hug:

Portland, Oregon
Website

Well, it's still snowing here!  We probably have three inches or so.  The neighbor kids are having the time of their lives out there!  I should go outside and make a snow angel!  It's been years and years since I've been in snow deep enough to make a snow angel.  What a splendid plan!

Going out in the snow.... bear_original

Warmest hugs,  :hug:
Aleta

Willamette Valley Oregon

Don't be hogging ALL the snow...send some my way...I wanna make snow angels too!!!  Ours is almost gone!!!   bear_cry   bear_cry   bear_cry

Amanda Pandy Potter Bears
Staffordshire, UK

Speak for yourself Penny! We had quite a bit of snow here last week. I'm in the centre of England, we don't get as much as we used to but have had a bit more this year. I used to love wizzing down the hills on a metal tea tray. We had snow last Friday which has not happened in March for a long time.

Jo-Ann G Budd Bears Boutique
BC, Canada

We do not always get snow in the winter on average maybe a couple of time.  We just received a dusting of snow last night and is snowing this morning.  It is pretting but this weekend we thought spring was here.

pandamac 'EmBears
Northern New York State
Website

bear_sad  wish we were getting the snow instead of this cold rain today.

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Your pictures are beautiful, Aleta.   I don't think there is anything nicer than freshly fallen snow.  I'll trade you -we woke up to freezing rain and the trees are covered in ice.  We had an ice storm a few years ago and we were without power for 11 days - never want to go there again.

Hugs,

Brenda

Acipenser Bine-Teddies
Stockholm

Beautiful, but i'm one of those going 'so what?'  bear_tongue We have 14 inches (35 cm)  of snow and tonight we expect minus 20-25 C (whatever that's in Fahrenheit), which is really cold and not common in Stockholm.

Stay warm everybody. :hug:

Portland, Oregon
Website

I know it's rather silly to you, Sabine.  I guess it's just something special to me because we don't normally get snow here.  Let alone snow on palm trees!  And, it's still snowing!!

Shantell,
I would gladly send you some more snow!  Have you heard the weather forecast?  My husband heard it's going to keep snowing until Saturday!!!!   Egad!!!

Aleta

Acipenser Bine-Teddies
Stockholm

Oh, I love fresh snow too. Just by now I'm really tired of it. This winter doesn't seem to end ever.

:hug:  :hug:

bearsbybeesley bears by beesley TM
Tofield Alberta Canada

Wow Aleta!! Absolutely beautiful. We had next to no snow until late January which is quite odd for Northern Alberta Canada. Now I think it has not to do with the leprechauns but that your eyes were fuzzy thismorning from being TIPSY last night!  bear_grin  bear_grin

Many Hugs Louise

Sandi.S. Posts: 1,277
SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Ooooooh - those are beautiful snow photos, Aleta - but - March is no time for snow, for goodness' sake!  I love my spring because it starts early.  I have flowers blooming, trees putting out leaves, and 70 degree weather.  Aaaaahhhhh!

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

bear_shocked Snow in PORTLAND???? bear_shocked   But it never snows in PORTLAND.... Mt Hood, yes, the Cascades yes, but Portland???  Enjoy it while you've got it, and be sure to stay off the streets.  I can guarantee no one will remember how to drive on the stuffs...

Portland, Oregon
Website

Oh SueAnn,  bear_flower
I'm so jealous.  I was thinking spring was here just the other day.  But alas, (sigh) no.  My daffodils are nearly done blooming and the pink flowered trees were just popping with color before this snow hit.  This was quite a shock.  AND, we're supposed to get four more inches tonight.  It's just the craziest weather!  I have to admit though, we do live WAY above sea level.....around 800 ft.+  So, while the low lands are getting a skiff of snow, we're getting dumped on here in the hills.  It sure is pretty though.   bear_original

Debbie,  bear_flower
You must be familiar with Portland....knowing of Mt. Hood.  Yes, this is just the craziest thing.  Portland getting snow is like Seattle getting snow.  It's just so rare.....especially in March.  I'm telling you, I really think it was the leprechauns!! 

Warmest bear hugs,  :hug:
Aleta

Willamette Valley Oregon

Wow...Aleta...where in Portland are you?  You PM me if you'd like.  I'm not quite that high and this area seems to be in some kind of warm weather pocket.  It can be snowing all around us and we'll have a dusting.

I love the snow...as long as I don't have to go anywhere.  It's been snowing on and off all day but not really sticking...too wet.  However, it will be slicker than snot tomorrow when it freezes tonight.  YUCK!!!

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Ahhhh Aleta

Were drowning in the stuff down here too.....I love it in December, January and February....but it seems to me that March is simply pushing the envelope a wee bit too far!!!!

We are expecting 2 more feet tonight through tomarrow.

Sheesh.

However the hubs was home and he kept the fire going in the wood stove so it was lovely in the house, watching through the windows.....

sigh....

keep your powder dry up there hon....

dilu

Portland, Oregon
Website

Hi Shantell,  bear_flower
We live WAY up in the East Hills of Portland.....off 205 in Happy Valley.  It's called Mt. Something Or Other.  Geez.  My brain has turned to snowflakes!  It's not exactly what I would call a mountain.....more like a GINORMOUS hill.....but we're around 800+ft. above sea level so I'd say we are up in the air a bit.   bear_happy

You're right about being slick tomorrow!  Wheeeeee!

Where in the Willamette Valley are you?  Just a couple of weekends ago we took a drive down to Eugene and Springfield.  There is the neatest store in Springfield.  It's called Auntie ????......oh shucks.....that escapes me too.  Maybe you know of it.  They serve lunch and coffee and yummy, yummy treats and they have retail and antique things piled way up to the ceiling.  I've never seen anything quite like it!  I loved it!!  I wish it wasn't such a ding dang drive though.  Then again, it's probably a good thing it's a ways away.....I'd spend too much money there!

Warmest bear hugs,  :hug:
Aleta

Aleta I used to live about 2 hours away from you, in Lincoln City on the beach.  My father in law used to live in Portland too.  When we had Indoor Jungle in Lincoln City, we used to drive in to pick up supplies and fish practically every week.  We moved back to the Midwest in Nov, 2003  bear_cry   I still miss the beach, and the West Coast  bear_cry   

Stay safe out there gals   :pray:

bear_tongue Aleta I think you live on Mt Tabor...

plushkinbear BEAR ME SHOOTKA
Vladivostok, RUSSIA

ALETA, DO YOU LIVE IN VLADIVOSTOK TOO???????????  bear_laugh  bear_laugh  bear_laugh

I hate this week!  bear_angry  bear_angry  bear_angry  Snowing snowing................................... bear_wacko
last year we had snow in April... Hope it will not happens this year.  :pray:  :pray:

julia :hug:  seems like no Easter for us...just another CHRISTMAS TIME!!!!

Portland, Oregon
Website

Hi Dilu,  bear_flower
March IS pushing the envelope!  I'm so very ready for some warm spring weather.  I'm ready for full on pink and white blossoms from the cherry and pear trees and seeing the beautiful tulips blossom.  (sigh)  As has already been established on another thread long ago....I'm not really long on patience.  HURRY UP AND GET HERE SPRING!!!

Stay toasty, Dilu!  We'll all be able to dig out in a couple of days....I hope!   bear_original

Aleta

Board footer