Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

Dilu Posts: 8,574

DSC01756-2.JPGDSC01755-2.JPGDSC01754-2.JPGDSC01753-2.JPGDSC01750-2.JPGOK this is why its a perfect day to do nothing....but drink hot tea and play on the computer

kassiebears Kassie Bears TM/Creations of Mysticism
Oregon

Hi Dilu
wow you really got dumped on!! I just love your house. I hate to say this, but I like the way your house looks in the snow. It really looks like it belongs in the snowy weather. Cool house. After saying that. I don't like snow! I come form the Yukon and it snows there six months of the year and I just could not take it any more so I moved away. I really love it there thro very beautiful country. For those of you who don't know where the Yukon is. It is Alaska's neighbor . Northwest Territories in northern Canada.
Most of my family is there and I miss it sometimes. I miss going fishing - riding my horse for miles with no one around - for miles. I miss the beautiful scenery. But, you just can't having everything.

I love to here in Salem. I was told that it does not snow here. Ya right! LOL This happened two years ago and we lost our power for five days. I was not a happy camper!
My husband has never been in the real cold so he doesn't understand that it can get really scary if you are not prepared. Wood stove - water jugs - etc.
Listen to me going on and on here. sorry.

Nice pictures Dilu. *grin* My thingy's are not working so I have to type them in. *happy Face*

Me going back to snoopy around.....
Later Dilu
Hugs
Kassie

Acipenser Bine-Teddies
Stockholm

Awww Dilu, now your pretty house really looks like an igloo. I envy you living in the forest like that. bear_original

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

It's beautiful Dilu...looks like a sweet yummy cake with drizzled icing.  MMMMMMMMM  now I'm wanting some icecream too!!!   I can see why you would feel the need to stay in all bundled up warm and hibernating.

TamiL Dolls N Dreams
Aurora, Colorado

Those are pretty pics!
It is snowing here now, we are suppose to get 6" tonight!
So guess I'll be drinking tea and playing on the computer all weekend!  bear_original

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Wood Stove, bottled water, (lots) generator, tons of fresh batteries every fall, Full cupboards, lots of wool socks, clothing racks so stuff can dry in front of the wood stove, Enough warm clothing that you swap out when stuff is wet, layers, down comforters, sherling hat, silk glove lines, silk sock liners, and way more wood than we can use up in the next 3-4 years....(I am obsessive about enough wood)  Oh and pleanty of really good books to read for when the power goes out- and you don't feel like starting the generator.

oops....yep Kassie I hear you.

Germany was cold, but we were in southern Germany, Swabia, and it wasn't so bad.
Switzerland was worse ( Lake Geneva, and the school turned off the heat at night....which wasn't so bad unless you had to go to the bathroom.....YIKES!
Yosemite ( southern entrance) was always exciting

The worst?

I think Colorado Springs-  They have these winds coming down from our buddies in Canada....yikes....and those puppies just pierced right through you...

I didn't like the snow weather when I worked for home health and had to go out like it or not....now, as I don't have to go out ever if I don't want to, I don't mind it.....it is more spirit lifting than the 3 months of rain we had.....even I got cranky there at the end.....(sorry everyone)  And it takes a little doing before I break down...

Stay warm and dry everyone!

He you guys in Australia; didn't you have snow last winter.....somewhere I remember you got it,....

hugs

dilu

who has not accomplished one single thing today, and doesn't care! bear_original

I Love Teddies South Florida
Website

Dilu,

Your house looks so pretty!  I love seeing snow.  Of course, I'm a cold weather sissy and could never live in it so I just like it for a little bit. 

Does power go out a lot in the snow?  If so, how long does it go out? 

Kassie,

How long ago did you move away from the Yukon?  When I was on an Alaskan cruise, we stopped in Skagway and we went on a train ride that took you just over the border into the Yukon.  Then we turned around and went back.  That's my big experience in the Yukon.   bear_original   It was so pretty.  I would like to go back there and actually stay there, not just come over the border for a little bit.  I'd also like to drive the Alaska highway (is that what it's called?) from Alaska down to the mainland USA.

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Very gorgeous photos, Dilu . . . I'm so glad it's there in Oregon and not here in Double Oak!!!

patsylakebears Patsy Lake Bears
Sydney

Very picturesque Dilu, makes it look like your living in a magical land.

plushkinbear BEAR ME SHOOTKA
Vladivostok, RUSSIA

Dilu! You have snow too???!!! in your paradaise!!
So I guess we all have snow in March!  bear_tongue
Beautiful pictures! Now your house looks even more like a fairy one!  bear_thumb  bear_wub

Julia :hug:

Aleta - The Silly Bear The Silly Bear
Portland, Oregon
Website

It's called the Alcan Highway.  Short for Alaska/Canada Highway.  We traveled down that highway way back when my children were wee little bits.  It's a beautiful drive!  So picturesque!  It took us five days to travel it with two toddlers in tow.  I wish we'd taken our time.  There are some really beautiful spots in Canada.  I'd like to do it again someday.

Dilu, I'd love to visit your home sometime.  It really looks cozy and serene......like a lovely cottage in the woods.  It's the perfect place for Golly's to run and play and throw snowballs!   bear_wub

Warmest hugs,  :hug:
Aleta

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Thanks Dilu for sharing your magical snow pictures.
Your house looks so lovely and really does look like an igloo.
Please stay warm and it sounds so cosy when you can stay in and
not have to venture out!

Hugs
Carolyn
bear_flower

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_original  Glorious piccie, Dilu!

There's nothing quite like declaring a 'snow day', is there?

I admit that I love the snow, especially when it's falling. I just don't enjoy it much in April!

Eileen

Board footer