Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

BearBottoms 'Bear' Bottoms Originals
Ft. Bragg, NC

GAAAAAA!  bear_shocked   I have lost my pattern for my minis!  bear_wacko   I KNOW it's somewhere in this MESSY DARN HOUSE but I can't find it anywhere!!!  I have completely retraced my steps.  It's my own pattern, so if I can't find it, I can't make my little ones just like they were!  bear_cry   AAAGH!  OK, I am off to SCOUR MY HOUSE.

Let me tell you, if and when I finally find it (I HOPE I HOPE) I will be making an exact copy and putting it in a safe place!
:pray:  :pray:  :pray:
Kimberly W.

BearBottoms 'Bear' Bottoms Originals
Ft. Bragg, NC

Oh whew.... it had fallen down behind the computer desk... I had it in one of those tiny ziploc bags, and it's easy to lose!  Won't let that happen again!  bear_whistle

Kimberly W.

plushkinbear BEAR ME SHOOTKA
Vladivostok, RUSSIA

Kimmy  :hug:  you are so funny  :hug:  bear_wub
But I do know what it feels like when you loose your best pattern...  bear_whistle  bear_shocked  I lost it once and never found it. So I had to redraw by memory the new one.. bear_grin

Julia
Congrats on your finding!  bear_laugh

Estelle Estelles canal bears and Tod Teddies
Todmorden West Yorkshire

I am so glad you dound it I know the feeling! I scan all my patterns into yhe computer and then burn them to disc, then i can lose a pattern anda disc  bear_whistle

baggaley bears Baggaley Bears
UK ( nottinghamshire )
Website

Kim you are so funny  bear_grin  im so glad you found your pattern :hug:

Hugs
Vicki

plushkinbear BEAR ME SHOOTKA
Vladivostok, RUSSIA

....Estelle, you don't have to loose disc! Just loose the pattern and then scratch the disc... :twisted:

//just kiiding// But that is exactly what's happened to me! I lost the pattern piece and my daughter was playing with the disc and scratched it.. bear_shocked  Now all my disc is in the highest point of my room in the box with locker.  bear_tongue

Julia :hug:

Estelle Estelles canal bears and Tod Teddies
Todmorden West Yorkshire

lol, I hadnt even thought of that  bear_grin

WildThyme Wild Thyme Originals
Hudson, Ohio

Oh Kim!!!! I'm so glad you found it!  I make so many patterns, and I do the same as you... I just put each one in a little ZipLock bag.  I don't color code, or mark each piece as being from a specific pattern..... once I walked into my studio and found little Miranda sitting there with like 10 EMPTY ziplock bags and 50 plus pieces spread out all around her.  She said she was "makin' bears," and,  "It is just like a puzzle, isn't it Mommy!?"   bear_wacko  bear_innocent

Kim Basta
Wild Thyme Originals

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

bear_shocked OMG Kim!!!  That's the scariest feeling...just awful  bear_sad   I'm so glad you've found it  bear_thumb

And Kim....OMG...what an awful feeling to come into the room to find your little one 'making bears'  bear_shocked  bear_cry  Talk about wanting to cry!  I'll bet you colour code everything now!

WildThyme Wild Thyme Originals
Hudson, Ohio
DebbieD  I'll bet you colour code [i wrote:

everything[/i] now!

Actually... I still don't really have any sort of an organizational system.... I only ever really use a pattern once before I change something on it, or put in additional darts, shorten things, make things bigger, fatter, whatever.... so when my pieces and parts are disorganized.... I just kinda try to put things together in new ways.... If I ever really wanted to do the same thing twice though... it might be darned near impossible for me though....  And I do sometimes have to spend an hour looking for a certain head shape, or foot size... then I give up and make something else!  I could stand to be a bit more oragnized!

Kim Basta
Wild thyme Originals

Board footer