Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

starlite Starlite Bears
Renfrew,Scotland

froid1.jpgHi all,
Well the snow is lying here about 6 inches deep this morniing - so no shopping trip for me today bear_cry
However I have been working on a new little bear for ebay this week and have tried alternative eyes to see if I could make a more 'alive' look - little Froid is the result
I am not sure if he is alive looking or much more likely 'scary bear' looking
Please let me know what you all think - I will be creating his auction page later in the day
:hug:  :hug:
Please look further on - I have changed his eyes!! Thank you so much for taking the time to comment  :hug:  :hug: - I will stick to black eyes bear_grin  bear_grin
Sorry for giving you all scary picture :redface:  :redface:
:hug:

Irene Irenours-bears
France

Hi Anne. to be honest, it look scary for me.BUT, maybe if the photo was much clear and the bear in another position like to be seatting it would look less scary? I hope i didn't heart you  bear_wub

beary_clairey Luton

Erm....a little bit scary for me too!!!  Sorry!!

Hugs

Claire

kathytaylor Ruby Mountain Bears
Northern Nevada, USA

:twisted: he looks a little posessed. sorry

baggaley bears Baggaley Bears
UK ( nottinghamshire )
Website

Anne
sorry but i have to agree with the others hun. Maybe if you try and take some more pictures with a lighter background?

Hugs :hug:
Vicki

Acipenser Bine-Teddies
Stockholm

Freaking me out, sorry.  bear_cry

Terrie Terries Bears
Sherwood Park, Alberta, Canada

Anne, he looks a little shocked, maybe if you put eyelids around his eyes it would help.

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

Anne... this bear is fantastic, except for the eyes bear_sad  I think he would be perfect with shiny little black eyes....

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

Frightening....I agree with Kimmy...nice black ones would work.

starlite Starlite Bears
Renfrew,Scotland

froid1a.jpgHi all,
You probably never want to look at a bear of mine again - but he is sorted!!
I hope :redface:  :redface:
http://www.teddy-talk.com/uploaded/froid1a.jpg

Please meet the brother of scary bear - Froid 2
:hug:  :hug:

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

so this is a different bear or you changed the eyes?  Cute Cute Cute...

Did you paint the eyes on bear #1?  Maybe they just need a bit more color like pale blue or something.  I'm not sure...but the bear (sans the scarry eyes) is  still adorable.

starlite Starlite Bears
Renfrew,Scotland

Thank you Shantell - after seeing all the posts I went downstairs - carefully removed the scary eyes and replaced them with shiny black eyes!! Then new photos and voila new - much better looking bear - I think I will hide those other eyes in the back of a cupboard in case I get silly again :redface:
Thanks for looking again :hug:  :hug:

Sandi.S. Posts: 1,277

Oh, I like him much better with the black eyes. He's a real cutie!

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

OOOOH HE IS A WONDERFUL NOW!!! bear_wub  I knew that black shiny eyes would do the trick!!!!!  :hug:

baggaley bears Baggaley Bears
UK ( nottinghamshire )
Website

Anne , oh he looks so much better now hun  bear_wub He is a real cutie.

Hugs
Vicki

Terrie Terries Bears
Sherwood Park, Alberta, Canada

Yes, that did it!!! He is so cute now!! He looks so soft and sweet!

krystolla Fuzzbutt Bears
Columbus Ohio

I think it was the small pupils in the first set of eyes that made him look a bit creepy. When humans see someone or something we like our pupils widen, so when we see someone with widened pupils we assume they like us which makes us like them. Advertisers digitally enhance the size of pupils in their pictures for better responses! Small pupils mean bright sunlight, but also suspicion -- so the instinctual reaction is to feel a bit nervous.

I think the light eye color would have been fine if the black pupil was larger -- although eyelids might help lessen the impact too. You might be able to salvage the eyes after all.

-- Erika
Fuzzbutt Bears

Acipenser Bine-Teddies
Stockholm

Awww, now he is adorable. Amazing what such a seemingly small detail can do. :clap:

kathytaylor Ruby Mountain Bears
Northern Nevada, USA

Yes now he looks sweet and cute. :clap:  :hug:

Helena Bears-a-Bruin!
Macclesfield, UK

Oh, now I understand what you did Anne (which answers the question I asked in my e-mail to you earlier!). Well, I still think he's adorable, and well done to you for deciding to make changes! I thought at first that maybe the 'scary eyed look' had just come about because of camera flash. Do the dolls eyes have fairly small pupils? Perhaps ones with bigger pupils would look 'cuter'? I've never tried using them, but i know there are others around here who succeed with them....maybe they could give us a few tips!

:hug:  :hug:  :hug:

gotobedbears Posts: 3,177

Ha Ha Ha Anne  bear_laugh  In his first pic he looked like me after a night out on the tiles  :dance:

He is soooo much cuter with the darker eyes Anne but i would recommend using the first eyes again and adding needle felted eyelids around and slightly over the upper eyes so they don't look too prominent, you might find that it will look great - give it a go and show us the results.

I used this type of eye for 'Cheeky Boy' and although i know that he's not to everyone's taste he did sell well and i have had a lot of requests for lookalikes so i think there is a market out there for bears with real eyes.

log2.jpg

Penny x

beary_clairey Luton

With the new eyes I now want to adopt him he's so cute !!!!

Hugs

Claire

starlite Starlite Bears
Renfrew,Scotland

Once again,
Thank you all so much for helping with this one :hug:  :hug:
I feel much better about him now  bear_original thank you for the lovely comments on the new version  :hug:
I just so like to experiment to try and improve my little ones looks and to try my hand at new things  :redface:
Penny I will take your advice - maybe in the summer when I have more time I will try the eyes again with needle felting - great tip thanks  :hug:  - though I doubt I will be able to get a look like your bear bear_rolleyes
It will be a while however before I try doll eyes again - it will take me some time to recover bear_grin
:hug:

WildThyme Wild Thyme Originals
Hudson, Ohio

Anne... he's such a sweetie!  you know... there is nothing wrong at all in trying new things... sometimes they work, sometimes they don't... that's one of the most wonderful things about bears... you can give them an extreme makeover and they don't mind at all!  I experiment ALL the time!!!!   bear_smile

Kim Basta
Wild Thyme Originals

BearBottoms 'Bear' Bottoms Originals
Ft. Bragg, NC

I agree with Kim, Anne!  Sure, the first eyes did make the bear just a tad possessed, but you know, you would have never known if you hadn't tried it... and sometimes trying something new can be a great discovery!  So don't worry one second about scaring us with the freaky eyes; we know you make WONDERFUL bears, and at the very least, I don't think for a second that you aren't good just because of that.... Don't be silly!  :hug:  I experiment and mess up plenty!

Keep experimenting; don't ever stop!  And if you need input again, post it and don't worry!  That's what we're here for!

Kimberly W.

Board footer