Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

PeachtreeCottage Peachtree Cottage
Georgia
Website

A friend of mine gave me a challenge to make a miniature crochet teddy bear out of fuzzy threads so it would look similar to a traditional bear.  I took up the challenge and here is the result.  Ashton is crocheted, 5-way thread jointed and only 4.25 inches tall standing.

I think he came out pretty good, but I would love to hear feedback on him, good or bad, because I'm always looking for ways to improve.

MR-Ashton-300dpi-480x560.jpg

/bearhugs.

Amanda Pandy Potter Bears
Staffordshire, UK

It does look like fabric. My Grandma crocheted a green bear for me, it was a large one, I've still got it somewhere. I like him! :dance:

WildThyme Wild Thyme Originals
Hudson, Ohio

Mary... when I first started with bears... I did some that were crocheted.... so I have a little background there..... I think that this guy is simply wonderful!  I love the way these fuzzy threads work up like they aren't crochted at all.  Of course... I also really like the ones where you can see each stitch.....  bear_wub   I love crocheted bears of any sort!  Anyway... Ashton is lovely!  It's always great to push yourself... try new things... I think you've done fantastically!

Kim Basta
Wild tHyme Originals

Marion Acid Attic Bears
Versailles

Wow,this fuzzy thread is beautiful and so is your little bear ! It's really impressive as the little one doesn't seem to be crocheted at all ! I love his little face, he has such a cute espression !  bear_wub

MerBear MerBear Originals
Brockville, Ontario

very sweet. I some some of Berta's wonder thread - will have to try that.

Marion

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

That I like! Amazing, it looks just like a regular teddy. Plus, he's a super cute bear.

fribblesltd fribbles, ltd.
Kalispell, Montana

I love him!  He's adorably cute---definitely a keeper for sure!!  = )

Amelia

Acipenser Bine-Teddies
Stockholm

Very cute bear Mary. If I didn't know he is crocheted I wouldn't see it. These fuzzy threads are difficult to crochet with. Kudos to you.  :clap:

:hug:

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Oh Mary,

He looks like soft chennille....very very nice.  I think you have done a wonderful job!

Now was it difficult or more difficult than using non fluffy thread? 

I have tried, and I turn into all thumbs.

dilu

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

cute cute cute cute!
Very well done!

I will learn crochet too, some day!

Make more of these bears!!!

Beary hugs,
Sophie. bear_flower

Georgia
Website

Thank you all for your feedback and comments.  I really appreciate them.  I was very happy with how he came out and I've ideas for 2 more, one is already in the works.

/bearhugs,

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

WOW! Your bear is wonderful!!! I wouldnt have even guessed that it was crocheted!!!!

Irene Irenours-bears
France

I love him bear_original

PaintsNMinis Sidhe Bears
Vienna, NJ

Is that the Caron Cosi?  Love it!   bear_thumb My Puss In Boots was made with it, and I've got two teddies I'm finishing up now that were also done with it.  It's fun to work with, and I LOVE the way the kritters turn out when done!  Now that I've finally got a light tent (DH is a sweetie!) and lights, guess I gotta get some good pics now! bear_original
Robyn

JeannieB JeannieB Bears
Greensboro NC

Your fuzzy bear is excellant!! I've been waiting and hoping to see some miniatures in the furry yarns. I love creating my guys.....with all the available colors to choose from, I can't wait to see what you'll come up with next!!! bear_tongue

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

GREAT result, Mary!

Terrie Terries Bears
Sherwood Park, Alberta, Canada

Mary, he looks so soft and fuzzy, he doesn't look crocheted at all. The yarn is gorgeous and so is your little bear.

Georgia
Website

Thanks everyone for the compliments and feedback.  I really appreciate it.  Hope to have a picture of a new one soon :-)

/bearhugs

threadteds ThReAdTeDs®
Website

threadteds Banner Sponsor

Hi Mary, that friend must be Jan, right? I reconize the thread Jan always is using. Does the thread have a name?  She turned out lovely!! 
How do you like working with the fuzzy thread?

Berta
www.threadteds.com

Georgia
Website

Hi Berta,

Yes the friend is Jan, but with my 2nd one I used some different type thread that I had here along with the one she uses (see picture below).  The thread Jan uses is Cozy.  But the one I used below didn't have a label on it so I don't know what it's called.  So far I'm enjoying working with this thread alot :-)

This is a Panda version using Jan's thread for the 'white' parts and the one I had on hand for the rest.  I think she came out looking good :-)

This is Petra, the Parti-Color Panda, 4.5 inches tall

MR-Petra-72dpi-480x480.jpg

/bearhugs,

threadteds ThReAdTeDs®
Website

threadteds Banner Sponsor

Very nice Mary!! Great picture too. I love the contrast with the yellow rose.
I too made some new bears and hope to manage to show some pictures soon.
Have a great weekend!!
Berta

Mo Beary Mo Bear Designs
Redcliff, Alberta, Canada
Website

Both of those bears are fantastic.  They are soooooooooo cute I love them!

Jane

Board footer