Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

Pages:
Best Dressed Bears Best Dressed Bears
Melbourne

100_4141Sylvia1.JPG100_4140sylvia2.JPG
I would like to share with you all one of my new creations her name is Sylvia. Sylvia has already sold.
Sylvia is an old fashioned lass! Sylvia stands 50cm 21" high. Unfortunately you can not see under her frock she has her handmade rose trimmed high heals on and of course her bloomers.
Bear hugs and smiles Kerrie

lemmonbears Lemmon Bears
Oregon Coast

Wow!  She is lovely!   bear_wub  I love the outfit, what great work!   

joan

Melbourne

thank you Joan
I had a peak at your creations tooo they are lovely. Do you make your cosys for your bears???? I love your shading on their faces I am still playing around with features on my bears shading happens to be one of them and eyelids.
Kerrie :hug:  bear_original

lemmonbears Lemmon Bears
Oregon Coast

Thank you too.  I usually dress my bears with vintage childrens clothes, but I am working on some new clothes. 
I just got a new airbrush and have been experimenting with it.  Before I used the copic markers, the airbrush is wonderful.  I haven't tried eyelids yet, I am thinking about trying an open mouth design though.  bear_grin
Joan

Melbourne

MadamButerfly3.JPG
100_4178MadameButterfly4.JPG
Here is another creation. Woooohooo i have finally mastered how to load images on to here and also compress and all that stuff.
I did put up some pics of Madame Butterfly the other day as trial to see if I could do it and now I can!!!
Madame Butterfly stands on one leg (like a ballerina pose) I have hand dyed the lace and also hand beaded the lace unfortunately you can not see all the detail in her gown. I stiffened her skirt so that it stays in position to look like it is blowing in the breeze she is 50cm 21' high also.
I have a music box inside her and her head rotates to the music 'Memories'.
Bear hugs and smiles
Kerrie

Shari Nova Scotia,Canada

WOW Kerrie. Your dressed bears are incredible. I keep meaning to make outfits for my bears but it takes so long for me just to make the bear I just never get time to make cloths. How long does it usually take for you to design and make your bear cloths? Just wonderful!!  bear_wub   bear_wub   bear_wub

Melbourne

Thank you Shari.
I am hearing you with how long it takes to make the bears.... Some cosies take longer than others Madame Butterfly to awhile because of the detailing in her gown.
The gentleman dont take quite as long as the ladies. I treat the clothing like adult clothing. It really just depends whats going on in my brain at the time.
I get a lot of pleasure out of creating the outfits and I study the periods such as 1800s to get them as close to the original gowns or suits they wore.
I have just completed a Ned Kelly bear he was an Australian Bushranger I will post a pic shortly and then explain more.
Kerrie

Melbourne

100_4214ned1.JPG
100_4228ned2.JPG
100_4216ned3.JPG
Here is Ned  (Kelly) He is a very famous Australian Bushranger I created his whole outfit including his armour. I studied how many bolts and screws were in his armour he has a full shirt and tailored trousers and a fully lined jacket just like Ned wore. He challenged me as it took me quite some time to work out his armour.
I completed him just over a week ago. I was asked to create some Australian icons  for a shop here in Melbourne. We currently have the Commonwealth Games on here for the next 11 days it is similar to the Olympics it features over 70 countries. Its a huge event for Australia.

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

Sylvia is SO prim and ladylike, and your Madame Butterfly is so delicate and beautiful, but I have to say... Ned left me speechless!!!   bear_shocked   His detail is amazing, but when he's got his helmet on....ooooh, he's scary  bear_cry   But then I suppose that's the whole point.  And now I know a new word... bushranger... I think that's very much like our Jesse James Gang, or Billy the Kid...

:clap:  :clap: Amazing bears :clap: :clap:

Jill West Palm Beach, FL

Kerrie -

You are one talented lady.

Jill

Just Us Bears Just Us Bears
Australia

Kerrie, your creations are breathtaking! I have seen quite a few of your bears before and am always amazed by your costuming. I love the Ned bear...I was going to do one last year but couldn't get my head arond making the helmet so I canned the idea. Yours is great!

I like what you've done with the Madame Butterfly dress...that's the kind of look I want to achieve on my mermaid.

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Kerrie your work is awesome. I love each and every one of them.   bear_wub  Great work! You have a fantastic imagination. More please!

Hugs Jane  bear_flower

Melbourne

Thank you all for your kind words. I know a couple of you have had problems with opening my website.....my husband is going to check into it for me.
I placed some pics up here so that you could see some of my creations.
My bears are giants compared to some of the other creations I have seen. To all of you who make minatures......what an amazing amount of patience you have. They are gorgeous and I have tried a couple, i found that i was better at creating larger characters and costuming them instead.
bear hugs and smiles
kerrie

Melbourne

100_4032allan1.JPG
100_4051allan2.JPG
I would like to introduce "Allan the Yachtsman" he comes complete with his unique light house stand. He is a very dapper chap and loves to sail and travel on cruise ships around the world.
hehehehehe
Bear hugs and smiles
Kerrie

Melbourne

100_3989andy12.JPG
100_4016andy13.JPG
100_3978andy11.JPG
Here is "Andy the Swagman" Andy is another Australian Icon.
We have a very famous poem written by Banjo Patterson it is called Waltzing Matilda. (Its basically know to all Aussies as our National Anthem) even though the official anthem is Advance Australia Fair.
I did try to post it here but was unable to do so as I dont know what i am doing. If any other Aussies can get the poem up it would be great.
Swagmen were bushmen who lived there lives out in the bush droving sheep and other cattle. They would carry there whole world on them. There nap sack and swag(which carried there belongs and bedding), billy (pot for boiling water). They had corks around there brimmed hat to keep the flies and insects from there faces and they always had there pipe.
Hope Andy brings a smile to you all.
Bear hugs and smiles
Kerrie

Melbourne

100_3633chook11.jpg
100_3570chook2.JPG
100_3567chook3.JPG
100_3638chook4.jpg
Now let me introduce you all to "CHOOK" he was a special request!!!!!!!
I had a gentleman who wanted to create a unique gift for his wife who loved bears and chickens. Sooooo he decided the ultimate gift would be to have a bear dressed in a chicken suit.......and walllllaaaaaaah we have "CHOOK" (real name Bear) .
So now i think i have bombarded this web site with enough of my creations and you all must think i am a nut case  for dressing a bear in a chicken suit.!!!!!..... "CHOOK" made a great impression and earnt the gentleman a great deal of brownie points with his wife.hehehehe
Bear hugs and smiles
Kerrie bear_original  :hug:

millie PottersHouse Bears
Ohio

Your bears are super.  Your mind must be collecting ideas constantly.  Great work!

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

She is absolutly beautiful and her outfit is too!! So much detail!!!  bear_wub

I love this little chicken guy too!!! So cute!!!

Melbourne

Thankyou Millie, Yep it never stops...... I think it is an illnes bear_wacko and this website is addictive and I havent gotten much of my work done tonite cos I have been playing on here bear_whistle
I love creating the cosies and welllllll wot can I say Chook is unique hehehehe
Hope he made you giggle.
Bear hugs and smiles
Kerrie bear_original  :hug:

Melbourne

Little Chicken guy would swallow most of the minatures he is over 50cm (21") All my bears are giants I find them easier to create there costumes.
Thank you for your kind words.

Melbourne

Hi Kim Bee Bears
I just checked out your website you do a lot of needle felting I havent tried this yet. Have thought of trying to introduce it somewhere into my characters will need to practice though.
Your little creations are gorgeous. Very cute faces!! That is my challenge at the moment faces; trying to get them to depict the costuming. It is hard to get cute faces on larger bears sometimes and a lot of my bears used to look like boys so I focused more on costuming gentleman bears the ladies have only just started to look more dainty..... (I think) (hope) anyway its all about playing.
Bear hugs and smiles
Kerrie

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

You were on my website  :redface:  It is a royal mess right now. I am having technical difficulties with it and am in contact with the company, they are unsure what is wrong... I am so frustrated that I can't update it!

Thank you for your kind words... With my bears, I can only do cute faces, if I try more serious, they dont seem to turn out right  bear_laugh

Melbourne

HIDIHO Lisa,
Oh whooooops sorry about the boyfriends I should of checked with you first hehehehehe
Thats it!!! It can be the challenge!!!  giant cute bears!!!! I reckon I have mastered the girls sorta; now I shorten the snout (there is probably a differnent word for it) and I have tried using lighter coloured mohair.... it seems to be working.
I am working on a few ladies at the moment there currently all naked!!! poor darlins. I am in the middle of making bustled gowns and frillly bits.
I bet you been painting like crazy....
Bear hugs and smiles
Kerrie

Acipenser Bine-Teddies
Stockholm

Kerrie, all your bears are magnificent. What a brilliant imagination and superior sewing skills. I am completely blown away.  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap: Thanks so much for sharing.  :hug:

lemmonbears Lemmon Bears
Oregon Coast

Wow!! I love the characters!  bear_grin  bear_grin
Joan

Pages:

Board footer