Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

born2ted Posts: 3

Hello everyone! I'm quite new here and I was wondering how I could color or paint a portion of my back teddy's fur yellow. I'm hoping that after the paint job, my teddy's fur will remain smooth and soft to the touch! Please do give me help! Thank y'all bear_original

desertmountainbear desertmountainbear
Bloomsburg, PA

For me to color a large area I use an airbrush. The fur stays very soft. I do use Prismacolor markers on smaller areas, but I can feel them on the fur.

CrawlyCreepies Posts: 89

I've only colored small areas, but I found that Copic markers didn't effect the feel of the fabric. India ink markers on the other hand, made it feel a bit coarser.

I've heard Pan Pastels work great for coloring bears, but haven't tried it yet.

Thank you desertmountainbear and CrawlyCreepies! I think I know what to do now bear_original

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

This is a link to the Airbrushing/Painting/Shading subject in our library.  Maybe some of those posts would be of help.    http://www.teddy-talk.com/search.php?ac … y&tag_id=2

Hi again everyone! Does anyone know if it is possible to dye black bears a light colour? Or would I have to bleach the bear?

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

I know it's not possible to dye black fur to make it lighter, and bleaching seems possibly unwise. Shading/coloring on top of the black might be a better option.

Becky

jenny Three O'clock Bears
warwickshire uk
Website

Without using an opaque paint I think it would be pretty impossible to lighten black without bleach. If the bear is already made I wouldn't try it will be impossible to rinse the bleach out efficiently. Why not sew a lighter piece of similar fabric in place and shade it to match in with the teddy.

Board footer