Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

LitWit Posts: 298

I'm going to be making one of these: Floppy_Teddy_Bear_Sewing_Pattern_by_Judi_Lynn_Designs.jpg

out of one of these fluffy blankets (in brown):
http://www.amazon.com/Cuddly-Cabin-Thro … B00F9IQAI4
and I'm planning on lining the pieces with something to prevent them from stretching. What would you recommend, that wouldn't be too thick or stiff? Muslin? Quilting cotton?

jenny Three O'clock Bears
warwickshire uk
Website

I use fusible cotton lining  which you just iron on ( or glue it on with fabric glue if the iron would damage the pile)

edmondnutmeg Padfield bears
Derbyshire
Website

Wow I'm looking forward to seeing this one  bear_original  If I am thinking of the right sort of fluffy blankets are not overly streachey? I might try just taping the seams rather than the whole body that would be a big job to do. That way it would give strength to the seams and still keep the bear lovely and soft - you won't be stuffing it so full to push it out of shape. However if you are thinking about washing it now and then it might just be aswell to do in inner core in a soft cotton rather than line it otherwise how you gonna get it in the machine bear_grin
Good luck and don't forget to let us see your finished bear bear_original

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

How's that bear coming? bear_original

Board footer