Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

There's been so much first-person surgical stuff posted here that I'm not sure my story about my dad will add much, but for the sake of completeness, thought I'd add that my father had his gallbladder removed -- with a laproscopic procedure -- about eight years ago.  He had a blocked bile duct and got quite jaundiced, which led to complications such as pancreatitis... a more serious concern than gallstones per se might otherwise have been.  He was in hospital for about a week and we were a bit concerned as this was only a short few years after his bypass surgery and we were ready to be "all done" with health care scares for dad.  However, trooper that he is, he healed very quickly (the surgery part itself was quite easy to recover from) and after the doctors were convinced his jaundice was mostly resolved he came home and was back to himself in no time.

Jane, if you're having a more complicated surgery, of course there's more complicated healing involved.  But you're a firecracker, that much I can tell, and I'll bet there's not much that can keep you down.  So I'm sure you'll pull thru with flying colors.

As for those hospital borne infections; yes, they are a concern, but panic helps nothing.  Just make sure your visitors wash hands well upon entering and maybe keep some hand sanitizer next to your bed, for extra psychological reassurance.  Of course, bring lots of teddy bear magazines.

Rita.. you're already gone, but you're in my thoughts.  Get well soon!

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Rita . . . many positive thoughts heading your way!!

Board footer