Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

Dilu Posts: 8,574

I'm getting anxious.....it's been a week.....now taking into conderation she probably didn't really leave the forest post office until afternoon....Medford the next day......Portand the next day.....and then 4-7 days......she has to be there by Friday....don't you think?

Dilu

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

Hi Dilu,
Sorry I wrote this in other post too but
Yes Mimi arrived to Japan yesterday!!!!!!!!! yey!!!!!!

Only thing is, since me and my hubby is out to working all day
the postman came to hour house but didn't left the box in our
mail box.....he thought it's better to bring back to post office for
*safety* reason. Anyway, My mom will and I think she already did
pick up her from the postoffice today. I will go to mom's home on
friday(2days from today) then I can finally meet her ! yey !!!!!
  I will take a picture and show it to you on this weekend :D

I'm sorry to let you worry!
Hugs/Marie

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

Hello Dilu & everyone.
Here is Mimi at my house.  To show you how small she is,  I put her on my computer bear_grin So cuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuute :):D:)
Dilu thank you very much for making such lovely gollies :)
Mimi.jpg
Have a nice holidays !
Hugs/Marie

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Wow! another cutie from our own dear Dilu.
Marie, thanks for sharing the picture. :)

Jane

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Cute, cute pic, Marie . . . glad you posted it!  Yes, Dilu . . . another great golly!!

Marie, ma amie, you promised us a pic of YOU!!!!!  We want to see you, if you are ok with it.....

I am glad you like her.....she really is small huh?  I get used to them until someone puts it into perspective.....now, is she making friends and behaving herself...

We have missed you you haven't been posting much.  I hope your back now!

Thanks,

Dilu

I should try one in a little kimono......hmmmmin silk.....hmmmmoh dear I do like that idea

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

Hello Dilu,
Oops, sorry Here is my pic and my new bear I just finished !!!! I need to make 4more and +1 for contest bear for
the bear show on 16JUL ! bear_shocked:o:o I will post all my new bear at here  to *SHOW OFF* ! :lol::lol:
Marie.jpg
Jonny.jpg

Dilu, Kimono Golly !? that is great idea !!!!
I will take out Mimi to bear convention and trip every where we go. he he
Bear Hugs/Marie

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

Marie, you are beautiful and your new bear is adorable!!  Thanks so much for sharing and I look forward to seeing more of your bears!

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

Sue Ann,
Thank you for your comment :D:lol::D
You made my day !  :)

Hugs/Marie

gotobedbears Posts: 3,177

Marie - it's true, you are beautiful and so is your bear!

WHY IS EVERYONE SO GORGEOUS ON THIS SITE APART FROM ME - could you all go away and gain 50 lbs in weight and develop acne please as this would make me feel just soooooo much better

PennyPoodles - the fat ugly one bear_tongue

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

Hi penny bear_laugh
Thank you for your sweet comment ! but I have to say that I have heavy weight so I just show my face only bear_tongue
I really need to work out everyday but
I love to eat so I gain back so quick! :(
Boo Hoo
Hugs/Marie

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

Hi Marie,

You are gorgeous! So beautiful.  Your bear is a cutie also!

Thanks for sharing!
Danni

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

Hi Danni :D
You all are making my face blushing now!
Thanks for your comment bear_happy
My new bear is coming soon so I will
post more bears next week :)

Hugs/Marie

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Marie I think you are a very beautiful lady. Your picture just shines the warmth and kindness that we receive from you here on Teddy Talk. Your bear is a real cutie sitting there in his nice blue pants.

Penny said   

WHY IS EVERYONE SO GORGEOUS ON THIS SITE APART FROM ME - could you all go away and gain 50 lbs in weight and develop acne please as this would make me feel just soooooo much better

Hi Penny you mush have missed my picture, I'm the dumpy one who's already gained the 50lbs all I need is the acne! ;)

Jane

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

Marie, you're even cuter than your bear!! :D

Eileen

bearsbybeesley bears by beesley TM
Tofield Alberta Canada

Wow Marie! You are a beautiful Girl! The bear you have made is adorable just like Mom! Dilu, that little Golly is the cutest little one and I love her hair and dress. Sooo sweet!

Hugs Louise

Thank you Marie-san....what a beautiful young lady you are....It brought me great pleasure to see you and your bear.  He's cute but you are beautiful!

Wonderful job, by-the-way, on the bear!

Re: 'heavy weight', welcome to modern western society.  So here's something to think about ladies:

Up until the Industrial Revolution it was good to be a plump woman-it meant that the husband was a good provider and society thought better of him.  Teva ( Fiddler on the Roof) stated he wanted a wife "with a proper double chin"  Botticelli painted fabulous nudes who were all 50 pounds over weight, Michelangelo didn't like doing women in his sculpture or painting and only did when it was part of the story- i.e. Can't have the Pieta without Mary holding the dying Christ.  Da Vinvi's women were pudgy

So when did we decided in Western Culture that it was wrong to be fat....is this a carry over from The Depression?  It is a CURIOUS thing to ponder..... now where's my Lindt bar?:P

Dilu

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

Dilu--

I'm guessing it was somewhere around the 20s. Flappers looked boyish, flat chests, short hair, etc. Before that were the Gibson Girls, nicely padded. Maybe when the depression hit, it made a necessity of the fashion?

Eileen

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

P.S.

You all know that NO woman, no matter how thin or beautiful, is ever satisfied with herself. Ever ever.

Eileen

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Amen to THAT!

I often wonder when my Rubenesque, curvy body type and naturally curly hair became things to "overcome."  When I look at sketches of vintage costumes and styles it quickly becomes apparent that for entire CENTURIES of time this body type -- and hair type -- were not only normal, but ENVIED by those less "fortunate."

Nowadays, it's straight, long hair, and straight, long figures.

Happily, I have a husband who appreciates -- as he puts it -- "lush, ripe" women.  When I think of myself that way, it's not so bad at all!

Jill West Palm Beach, FL

I'm with Shelli -  I am definitely Rubenesque but without the curly hair that I envy.

Jill

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

(PS  I straighten my hair every day and have done so all my life.  The grass is always greener...!)

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

Shelli, I love the "lush, ripe" bear_laugh In my case it's overripe, but it's great to have a husband who swears I haven't changed . . . puts things in perspective.

My big dilemma now is whether to let my hair go silver (the kids' vote) or keep coloring it (hubby's vote). I'm inclined to the silver, but hey . . . I don't want to break hubby's illusion. Last time I tried letting it grow out I caught sight of myself in a dept. store escalator mirror and almost screamed--it looked as if I was wearing a bird's nest on top of my head . . .

Eileen

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

I have naturally frosted (gray) hair!!  But all my friends and family say . . . you would look sooooo much younger if you would color it like it was naturally before aging took its toll.  That was a medium-dark golden blond.  I may try it some day if I get up enough courage.  Shelli . . . we want to see you . . . lush and ripe with curly blond hair.  Sounds like a winning combination to me!!  Shelli's pic is up on her website and she is definitely very good looking!!

I have a sweetie husband like that too.....I was quite heavy when we were 'courting'  and he said "you may be plump, but someday you'll be thin and I want you to remember who loved you first."

We only courted 3 months- got married 4 months after we met.....how could I let someone like that go.....

and he was right.....

I wish our society had a healthier attitude...I saw far too many bulimics in the psych hospital....young beautiful girls down to Auschwitz bodies....it was scarry

Caught between a Toblerone bar and a hardplace Dilu

Board footer