Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

starlite Starlite Bears
Renfrew,Scotland

Hi all,
I know some of you wonderful ladies show bears on bear pile - but what I can't figure - maybe I am dumb - if you show a bear on ebay do you show it on bearpile too at the same time??  If yes - which I think is great advertising strategy :dance:  - what do you do if someone contacts you about the bear??

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

Hi Anne!

Well, some do and some don't... it's really up to you to decide.  (I prefer not to myself)

If you do list in both places and you get an inquiry... what I would do is when I list it just list it as "for adoption" without a price.... then if they inquire - refer them to the auction.  If they won, then I would pay both the eBay fees and also Bearpile.

I prefer to list bears on Bearpile which are not currently up for auction.  As a collector ~ I like to see the prices of the bears.  I'm one of those people who will not email to ask a price  bear_whistle

So just do whatever feels right to you!  bear_grin

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

I DO! If you have someone see it on bearpile and they email you interested you can direct them to ebay... or some people, I would think, know that if you have something listed on bearpile and it says "FOR ADOPTION" instead of having a price, it has been listed at auction on ebay bear_original  I LIST EVERYTHING ON BEARPILE! Sometimes after the bear is sold I still get contacts and that way I can suggest a commissioned piece or suggest that they be added to my mailing list!

Nicholasville, KY
Website

I'm glad you posted Kim!!!  I thought you were one who did list on both.... it's nice to hear about the different ways and then decide for yourself!  bear_grin

starlite Starlite Bears
Renfrew,Scotland

Thanks Laura and Kim for taking the time to post  :hug: - okay I get it now bear_thumb  - as I said I can be dim and I do think like others have said in other posts that exposure is the way to increase your bears(your?) profile so I will take your advice and comments on board and now at least I will know what to do!!
:hug:  :hug:

Helena Bears-a-Bruin!
Macclesfield, UK

Hi Anne,

I also list on eBay and Bearpile at the same time. I put the Bearpile listing up about a day after the auction goes live, hoping that I'll get some renewed interest in the bear that way. So far I'm not aware that anyone who has seen one of my bears on Bearpile has gone on the win the auction, although I know one or two have placed bids....but as Laura Lynn said, if that does happen then I'm more than happy to pay both sets of fees.

Hope this helps!  :hug:

Nicholasville, KY
Website

LOL!!!  I think I may also start listing on both now  bear_grin

Board footer