Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

I got an email recently and I didnt recognize the sender.  My computer (my regular computer, I am working off of my laptop right now) has a MAJOR virus or somthing and I have been getting strange emails and I have been reporting them as SPAM.

Well, all was fine and dandy until I realized that the person who sent me the email was legit!  I had reported it as SPAM... does this person get in trouble or something?  I am so sick to my stomach... is there any way I can "reverse" it????? HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Ouch!  I don't know what you can do, but perhaps they should have made themselves more legitamate in the title, so that you would know....I never open e-mail unless i know who it is.  A lot of you use your business name, so Rick asks, "Is Potbelly ok?"  or something like that....I think we also have a responsibility when sending mail to let the receiver know we are about as safe as we can be....for Instance...how many other people write you and the message bar is something along the lines of "Kimmmy honey....?"

If they e-,mail you again can you tell them you didn't know?

I'm sorry you feel badly, but i can certainly understand how you got to this point!  So please don't beat yourself up, honey, you were trying to be safe.  :hug:  :hug:

dilu

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

I really don't think there is any "email police".  My guess (and I mean that as a HUGE GUESS) is that they yes get reported in someway but nothing happens to them unless there are multiple reports AND your email provider flags them somehow so you don't get message from that particular email address anymore.  I know in hotmail you can change your preferences to allow or disallow messages from your "contact list". 

You should, if you haven't already, just email them and explain what happened.  It's a simple mistake and we are constantly being told to never OPEN emails that we don't recognize. 

I wouldn't worry to much about it.  I actually reported MSN Hotmail as spam once on accident...I still get junk from them on my OLD email that I rarely use.  bear_original

Board footer