Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

fribblesltd fribbles, ltd.
Kalispell, Montana

Does anyone know where I can get a few yards of a nice thick luxuriant white upholstery fabric [medium/long pile] fairly cheaply for dying?  ..am not entirely certain how much it would run normally, but is $40+ relatively reasonable for a price per yard? 

I want to try for a more varied color selection for my faery bears, am toying with the idea of mixing up Rit dye and [after previously drawing out my pattern a zillion times] and dying a entire bear piece at a time, starting with the lightest shade of a color, and then darkening it up.

Should I perhaps contact a local upholsterer, and see if they have good sources for this sort of thing?

Thank you for your time.

Amelia

BearBottoms 'Bear' Bottoms Originals
Ft. Bragg, NC

Hi Amelia,

Have you talked to Stephanie at Sassy Bears and fabrics yet?  I am not sure what price she has for yards and whatnot, but I know she's got an awesome selection!  She can also give you pointers on what's dye-able and what isn't....

www.sassybearsandfabrics.com

Hope that helped!

Kimberly W.

Amanda Pandy Potter Bears
Staffordshire, UK

Yes I know she does it cheaper the more you buy and the postage is always good.

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_original Hi Amelia,

I'd definitely talk to a local upholsterer about sources. He might also have some yummy offcuts, or ends, or sample books that he's willing to part with for very little $$.

There's a shop not far from me called 'Designer Fabric Outlet'. I'm almost afraid to cross the threshold, the fabrics are so tempting, but if you'll let me know more about what you want, such as fiber content, pile length, quantity, backing, I'd be very glad to have an excuse to go there again and check out the whites!

Eileen

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_original Amelia,

Look what I found on eBay! It's a full yard of white med/long upholstery fabric for $16:

http://cgi.ebay.ca/1-yard-of-the-great- … dZViewItem

Eileen

Board footer