Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

Bowgussies Bow Gussies
Worcester
Website

Hi everyone! I am new to Teddy Talk and only founded my little company at the end of 2016 so, though not new to teddy bears, I am new to many of the forums.

Hester Puggett is my interpretation of the beautiful antique Steiff bears - or rather, she is a small interpretation of a 20" antique Steiff bear as she doesn't look at all like the genuine 12" ones.
Hester's old gold mohair has been carefully aged to represent years of loving play and her wood shaving and wood wool stuffing is heavily weighted - she weighs approx. 900 grams - I think my obsession with bears' weight is borne of my slight shock at the lightness of the first Steiff bear I handled! -and her stuffing has a pleasing scrunchy feel so she sits slightly saggily in your hands - my bears are not particularly photogenic (I have yet to make a light tent!) and they have to be held to be appreciated.
She has glass eyes that have been dulled then brightened, linen floss nose and claws, worn velvet effect paw pads and wears a trademark silver bow on the back of her left ear - bogen am ohr (bow on ear) - to set her apart from not only other reproductions, but also those she is modelled on.

Because of the youth and obscurity of my company, I offer free postage within the UK and cost to the rest of the world is £6 for small bears and £15 for 18" and over, BUT, should the bear not automatically appeal to you, I offer returns with a full refund including return postage

https://bowgussies.bearpile.com

Board footer