Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

Brynhildr Posts: 3

Hi. I’m new to sewing and bear making. I intend to use thread that matches the fabric but I was wondering if it matters if the stitches are visible in the seams. I stuff my bears really tightly and I’m not sure how to prevent this from happening or if it’s even possible to. I’m using tweed fabric.
Do I need to adjust the tension on my sewing machine or something?
Thanks for your help.

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

I would say yes, it matters. Using tweed, you don’t have any fur to hide sewing issues, but still—have you tried using smaller stitches? I wonder if that would make a difference.

Becky

Brynhildr Posts: 3
dangerbears wrote:

I would say yes, it matters. Using tweed, you don’t have any fur to hide sewing issues, but still—have you tried using smaller stitches? I wonder if that would make a difference.

Becky

I have made the stitches smaller and it does seem to have helped, thanks.

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

Then it might be a tension problem. I remember learning that the tension on both the upper thread and bobbin thread need to be balanced in order for the actual stitch to form in the right place (between the layers of fabric rather than above or below).

Becky

Board footer