Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

clare14 Country Bears
England

I only really get a chance to catch up at the weekends, and it's always really quiet here!!

What do you all do???   Am I missing something, or should I be getting on with creating!!!   bear_laugh  bear_laugh

Today I've been to Cheddar Gorge, I live close by, where Cheddar cheese comes from!!   We've had an open top bus tour, been to the caves (how people lived there many years ago is beyond belief!  bear_shocked )   and while I had a good browse around the Bear Shop, hubby and kids climbed Jacobs Ladder - about 200+ steps to a watch tower..... good luck to them!!!   bear_laugh  bear_laugh

Hope you all had a good weekend!!  :hug:

zemeski Posts: 434

Clare- I'm here chat away!! I've been cleaning house and getting ready for the first of the week. My husband comes home tomorrow and I like everything clean before he arrives.

clare14 Country Bears
England

Aww Melissa, does he work away???  It must be heaven to watch what you want to watch on TV!!   bear_laugh

clare14 Country Bears
England

Oh Erin, Many Happy Returns for tomorrow  :bday:  :cake:   (I ALWAYS miss the birthdays, so let me get in now!!) and have a super Wedding Anniversary   bear_wub  and best wishes xx

Erin - I remember seeing your Birthday is tomorrow Happy Birthday and Anniversary!! I'm sure you'll hear it right hear tomorrow all day!!!

Clare - Yes, my husband is a photographer and he is in the peak season of his work. Things are getting done because he is gone. When he is here he likes my full attention. Which it should be that way since he is gone so much.

clare14 Country Bears
England

Oh wow Melissa, what a talented pair you are!!  You must miss him lots - I don't see much of mine really, he works early 'til late every day......  He's home on a Sunday, which we try to do something with the children, and visit parents and relatives etc

clare14 Country Bears
England

:hug: Erin it was, I remember going years ago on a school trip, it's steeped in history - my daughter was absolutely fascinated!!

I know when me and my husband first got married I found it very hard for him to be gone for so long. Now we've been married 16 years and I have made that time me time!! So, I work hard on the bears while he is away so I can focus on him when he is home. I wish he had been home this weekend though. We had those bad storms come through and it was just crazy here Saturday early morning. I was afraid. I'm not when he is here.

clare14 Country Bears
England

Awww Melissa, I'm so sorry about the storm, I get REALLY frightened by the weather, it's something nobody can control and it's VERY scary, it must be really hard to cope with that alone.  :hug:    How long will he be home for???

He will be headed home tonight!! He is off for several days before he heads back out. He is going on a field trip with my daughter on Tuesday. She is so excited!! Do you have children?? I only have the one Caitlin. She'll be 12 in September.

WildThyme Wild Thyme Originals
Hudson, Ohio

What do I do on weekends... watch rented movies, work on bears,

check my auction obsessively! 

Kim Basta
Wild tHyme Originals

Kim- Sounds about like my weekends!! I've got laundry to fold and put away yuke!! It's calling me though!!

clare14 Country Bears
England

Oh Caitlin will have a wonderful day with her dad, how exciting indeed!!!   I remember those school trip days when I would have loved my parents to come, but they were always working so couldn't!!   My husband and I are the same  bear_sad    We both work every day, so cannot do this, much to my kids disgust!!!   bear_rolleyes

I have 2 children, a girl, Bethany aged 9, very nearly 10, and a boy, Joshua, aged 7.   Sometimes it feels like I have 10 kids, but it really is only 2 when I look closely, does anyone else ever feel like that??!!   bear_laugh

beary_clairey Luton

Melissa, you must get so excited when your hubby comes home. I bet you have loads to chat about & probably don't get much done as your catching up !!!

Erin - Many happy returns for both your birthday and Anniversary! I hope that you get a double whammy of presents!

Clare, I have always wanted to go to Cheddar Gorge. Its one of those places I always see signposted when we are on our way to visit my Dad in Cornwall but never get time to stop and see. Will have to take a special trip just to see it !!!!

Hugs

Claire

beary_clairey Luton

Mu hubby works weekends so I walk my dogs & try and get the housework done. After that its sewing time !!!

bear_rolleyes

Claire

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

I like to putt around outside in the flowerbeds.  I don't watch much television because of my eyes and when I do watch it tends to be more listening unless something sounds good.

I'm easily bored and then I wander around wondering what I SHOULD be doing.  Now that my kids are grown I yak at them on the phone.  My oldest calls me EVERYDAY sometimes 3 or 4 times with absolutely NOTHING to tell me. 

I'm boring...

clare14 Country Bears
England

Oh yesa Claire you must!!!   It's so pretty too!!   The cave formations are amazing!!   It's a lovely place to visit - I LOVE Cornwall too, esp. Looe and Polperro, my brother's on holiday there this week in fact!!!    :hug:

bear_laugh   bear_laugh  bear_laugh  bear_laugh  bear_laugh  bear_laugh Clare - Your so funny!! I've heard people say that their kids sound like their is more than what their truly is. I love the name Bethany beautiful!!! I'm going to fold clothes. I'll check back in later!!!! Keep chatting away!!!

beary_clairey Luton

I would really take some time to explore a bit more of Devon aswell. Maybe I'll visit my Dad for a bit and then spend time coming back to take in a bit more of Devon & Somerset !!!

Claire

clare14 Country Bears
England

Shantell, you're not boring AT ALL, you're lovely!!  bear_wub

I love those times when you can 'potter' - I don't get many of them at the moment, but I love 'em when I get 'em!!   :hug:

beary_clairey Luton

The perfect Day would be to wake up with no housework and just have to decide which Craft I want to do that day !!!

Heaven !!

Hugs

Claire

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

I also check my ebay auctions all the time. Can't help it. I haven't listed on there for a long time, but I can't wait to start again.

Me on the weekends? Make bears, do house work, cook a nice dinner on Sunday and think about how fast time flys. LOL

Amanda Pandy Potter Bears
Staffordshire, UK

I went shopping in Shrewsbury in the day. Its a very nice place with loads of old buildings. Some are about 400years old. In the evening we had a night out and a curry. bear_wacko

Board footer