Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

All Bear All Bear by Paula
Kent
Website

I've been playing with my website and have introduced a 'Favourite places' page for visitors.  If you'd like to take a stroll with me to visit some of the places I love best, please pop along!

http://www.allbear.co.uk/Html/FavouritePlaces.htm

If you enter via the main website 'front door' you can find the link on 'Paula's page', it's about halfway down and says 'click here'.

Does anyone else have pics of their favourite places to share?

Terrie Terries Bears
Sherwood Park, Alberta, Canada

Paula, I loved the tour of your favorite places!!!! What a great idea! There is so much history in your part of the world and it always amazes me to see buildings that are that old and have such a story behind them. Alberta, the province that I live in celebrated it's 100th birthday last year.....just a baby!

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

What a great treat your tour was, Paula!  Thanks so much for sharing with us!  I love, love English architecture and those places are so old it makes my head spin!  We don't have anything over here anywhere near that ancient, of course!   bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Paula, your tour was breathtaking.  I sooooo want to visit England one day.  My parents came from England and my three siblings were born there.  I'm the only one who has never set foot on British soil.  You can feel the history, even just looking at the pictures - you are so luck to live in such a beautiful area.

hugs,

Brenda

ellen ontario, canada

VERY cool Paula!  thanx for sharing!
bear_flower

Kent
Website

It's lovely to hear that you ladies have enjoyed your visit - thank you for joining me on my walk!  bear_thumb

England has some beautiful places and if you like a sense of history, there's always somewhere interesting close by to see.  Maidstone, where I live, is like most towns, in the main it's dreary, but if you know where to look ....!  I've lived in Maidstone for nearly thirty years, so have had plenty of time to hunt out a few special places close by.  bear_original

Stellajella Wien

Paula,
I like your favorite places bear_original
...especially Cornwall...must be sooooo nice there!!! bear_wub

Thanx for showing us around

Gaby bear_flower

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Paula - What a wonderful tour!!!  bear_flower  Thank you for sharing with us!

Gaby - Cool avatar!

Densteds Densteds
Website

Oh Paula.....just seeing all those magnficient places I feel like I want to go over and visit again, I love touring England there's so much to see..
Thanks for those lovely pics... so much history, it's amazing..

Kent
Website

Glad you all had a nice time!  Thanks for coming along on my little trip!  bear_original

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_original Wonderful tour, Paula! :hug:

I used to think Boston and New York were 'old', but that was before my visit to England. My husband talks about taking walks with his Dad 'as far as Hadrian's Wall'.

bear_shocked Hadrian's Wall! bear_shocked

Terrie's right. We're babies here in North America.  bear_laugh

Eileen

Laniebears Arctophilia
Shropshire UK
Website

PAULA THAT WAS LOVELY....
WHAT A BRILLIANT IDEA bear_thumb

patsylakebears Patsy Lake Bears
Sydney

Paula what a wonderful idea, the tour was fantastic. I love Boscastle and Polperro was my husbands favorite village down South... we were over there in 1990.... Loved it

Kent
Website
Lisa wrote:

What a great part of the world to reside with all that history surround...love the old architecture of buildings and where the
theatrical play was performed looks magical....thanks for sharing this Paula as it gives one a different insight into the magic of the beauty within the UK...i swear i was born in another time..as some of those places plus others i've seen by picture only in other countries, gives me chills as i've felt i've been there before...how weird?

I know exactly what you mean Lisa!  There are places I've felt that shiver down my spine as if somehow, I've been there before ... I remember feeling like that as we drove through French villages many years ago, on our way south and Cornwall always does it to me too ... but then maybe that's because I go to Cornwall as often as I can!

It's so nice to read that you've all been enjoying the visit!  Thanks everyone!  bear_thumb

gotobedbears Posts: 3,177

I loved this feature on your website Paula - it's a great idea and the pics are lovely - thanks!
:hug:

Penny  bear_flower

Aleta - The Silly Bear The Silly Bear
Portland, Oregon
Website

Paula,  bear_flower
Thank you.  That was simply divine.  What a grand idea!  I'd love to travel across the big pond and see first hand how time stands still in the form of architecture.  I've always admired the craftsmanship and detail of old buildings.

Warmest bear hugs,  :hug:
Aleta

Kent
Website

Penny, Aleta ... thank you so much for coming along!  I'm glad you enjoyed the feature.  Aleta, you've summed it up!  Time stands still in architecture!

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

Oh Paula,
your "favorite places" are all so wonderful !!  :love:
it's a fantastic idea and those pics are so beautiful.  :clap:

Hugs/Marie

Helena Bears-a-Bruin!
Macclesfield, UK

Lovely Paula - what a great idea! I really enjoyed my walk with you, thanks!  bear_grin

chris009av Real Deal Bears

Oh that was such a lovely walk Paula.  It took me back to my visit to England and I just loved it there, with all the history, the old buildings just amazed me.
Thankyou so much for that  bear_original

Sue@Peggotty Peggotty
Texas

Paula,

Oh my gosh - you've made me feel homesick for the fist time since we have lived in Texas.  Especially the photos of Rochester .... even the colour of the sky is correct - at least for 6'O' clock in the morning when you are waiting for the Town Hall doors to open!  Loved Cornwall too and have been to at least 3 or 4 of the places you mentioned ... but not to the open-air concert which looks magical.

What a fabulous idea of yours. :clap:

LOL, Sue

Kent
Website

It's so gratifying to know that you've all enjoyed the pics as much as I enjoyed putting them together!  For me they were a wonderful trip down memory lane - I'm really pleased you've all had such a nice time!  Sue, that sky colour certainly is accurate isn't it?!! You made me chuckle with your comment!!  bear_tongue

I Love Teddies South Florida
Website

Paula,

I enjoyed taking a walk with you.  Great pictures.  I've been to London twice, but I would really like to explore the English countryside.

Board footer