Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

sewing stars sewing stars
providence, rhode island

mp_sitepromo.jpg

okay...since so many of you asked for this to be a challenge, i am posting this in the challenge folder! and for those of you who may not be able to download the pdf, i also have it if plain ol'gif image form. just press print in your browser!

the rules:

you have to follow the pattern, including size.
you can use any material you want.

that is it!

post your finished mice right here!! cool.

the site link for the pdf: http://sewingstars.com/mousepattern.htm
gifs for anyone who can't open the pdf:
http://sewingstars.com/mouse/mouse_pattern01.gif
http://sewingstars.com/mouse/mouse_pattern02.gif

i hope i set up the challenge correctly, if not let me know...thanks!!
& have tons of fun!!

hearts, teresa bear_wub

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

OOOH Teresa! What a fun idea!! I am printing mine out right now!!! This is gunna be fun! Thank you for sharing too!  :hug:

Marion Acid Attic Bears
Versailles

Oh thanks so much for the pattern ! Marvelous idea ! I must find time to make one of your adorable mice ! bear_wub  :hug:

Tracy ThimbleBeary Originals
Iowa
Website

What a fun idea! :dance:  Just printed my copy of the pattern.  Will have to wait a bit to start as I've got two graduation gift bears to get done ASAP.......when's the deadline for this challenge?

:hug:
Tracy

providence, rhode island

should there be an end date? how long would be good...like a month?

Iowa
Website

Probably should have a tentative end date I think......just to give everyone a deadline to shoot for.  That always helps me to get myself in gear and finish things anyway! bear_tongue  bear_grin   Not that everyone has to be finished then, it's just a date to keep in mind.  I think a month would be more than enough time so that everyone that wants to can participate, especially if they have other projects currently in the works. bear_thumb

Tracy

BearBottoms 'Bear' Bottoms Originals
Ft. Bragg, NC

Oooo oooo oooo!  Now I'm going to for sure jump in on this challenge!  How fun!

(Although I thought it was going to be an 'any old mouse' challenge; I just started a needlefelted one! lol)

But I'm excited!

Kimberly W.

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Whoa . . . what a cute mouse, Teresa!  I will do the challenge if I can wait to do it after my two bear shows coming up.  I have one next week and one in June.  Fun, fun . . . thanks much for sharing your pattern!

providence, rhode island

wild cat dancer: So we can use any material, can we change the eyes and nose?

yeah, change the eyes and nose to suit you!

gina: Truth be told, it's a quick little sewing job!

yeah, i tried to make it a simple pattern for my sewing stars customers who don't have as much experience sewing as all of you guys do! i can't wait to see!! you must post those pictures!  bear_grin

fribblesltd fribbles, ltd.
Kalispell, Montana

Ooomph!! It's HUGE!!!  Are we sure no re-sizing is allowed?  I hand-sew all my stuff [don't know how to use a sewing machine] and I'd love to downsize this to participate in the challenge...but sewing summat that big would take too long!!

Amelia (aka instant-gratification-freak)

providence, rhode island

Ooomph!! It's HUGE!!!  Are we sure no re-sizing is allowed?  I hand-sew all my stuff [don't know how to use a sewing machine] and I'd love to downsize this to participate in the challenge...but sewing summat that big would take too long!!

that is big? well, if it is, go ahead and re-size....the pattern should fit on an 8.5 x11" piece of paper, though...

fribblesltd fribbles, ltd.
Kalispell, Montana

*LOL*  It's big to me!!  I've decided even five inch bears are too much work, am just going to do three inches and under...my big goal is to get to 2"!!!

Amelia  *who is off to make a teensy mouse*

Iowa
Website

Gina......your little mousie is just too cute for words!! bear_wub  bear_wub

Tracy

providence, rhode island

oh my gosh gina!! soooo adorable! i love it!! awesome job!

Aleta - The Silly Bear The Silly Bear
Portland, Oregon
Website

Gina,  bear_flower
Your mousie is wonderful!!!   bear_wub   I'm almost finished with mine but I had to take a break from it before mousie went flying across the room.  I used two different types of mohair.....one for the tum tum and one for the sides.  I wouldn't recommend a really dense short mohair together with a more loosely woven mohair.  It will make you really, really, really......um, thinking of a nice word......upset! with your mousie.

The pattern is otherwise a dream to construct.  I'm interested to see what gals who needlefelt faces come up with on this mousie. 

Warmest bear hugs,  :hug:
Aleta

Aleta - The Silly Bear The Silly Bear
Portland, Oregon
Website

WalkerMousie2.jpgMousie2.jpgMousie.jpgBarring a near cat-tastrophe this afternoon, here is my finished mousie from Teresa's pattern.  Thank you for the lovely diversion, Teresa!!

Warmest bear hugs,
Aleta

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

WOW YOUR MOUSIES ARE ADORABLE!! I am still cutting mine out!

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Gina, your wee mouse is really sweet!  I haven't even printed out the pattern yet!

hugs,

Brenda

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Ooh Aleta, your mouse is so cute.  I love his face and the hat and ruffle really add to it! 

hugs,

Brenda

BrozZ BearZ BrozZ BearZ
Toowoomba

I might join in this challenge too! But first I must make my competition bears for the Gold Coast show!

BearBottoms 'Bear' Bottoms Originals
Ft. Bragg, NC

OMGosh!  Aleta, your mouse is SOOOO cute!  It made me smile!

Gina, what a fuzzy little bumpkin!  TOO darling!!  By the way, After all the riff raff I got your bear in the mail just recently!  I told myself I was going to post pics this weekend (I've been reeeeaaally busy) so I'll get pics in tonight!  Thank you!

I have one head done; I'm doing a pair, one for each of my daughters since they are always asking me when I'm going to make THEM a bear... lol!  And since we can't sell these.... :)

Kimberly W.

Acipenser Bine-Teddies
Stockholm

Here is my mousie. :photo:  I used some kind of microfiber fabric in light grey and light yellow for the body and fawn short pile mohair for the head. The body is filled with rubber pellets, giving her a squishy feeling, quite firm though. Thank you Teresa for this fun challenge. I'm addicted to making these mice now, they would be fun in all kinds of fabrics and colours. Squishy is 4 inches tall, which is huge to some.  :crackup: I'm thinking of making a tiny one myself.  bear_original

mouse1.jpg mouse2.jpg

Marion Acid Attic Bears
Versailles

Your mice are all so lovely ! bear_wub I hope I can make mine this week end !  bear_original

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

How long will this challenge stay open?
If I start next week, will I be too late?
I have always wanted to make a mouse! bear_grin
Wendy

providence, rhode island

oh sabine! your mouse is soooo wonderful!

and wendy, i think the challenge will be on for a while yet. so please make a mousey! i want to see what you make!

bear_wub teresa

Board footer