Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

kassiebears Kassie Bears TM/Creations of Mysticism
Oregon

clanfirst.jpgHello everyone,

I am pleased to be able to share with you my first clay/fur mixed bear, before creating Bona Dea Faun of the Artist Bear Dolls. His name is Zandermis.
He is entered in the URSA Awards at Bears&Buds. The event has started and I am now able to share more of this bear with you. Be sure to go and see all the wonderful bears in this event. You can find the site at www.BearsandBuds.com

"Bears of the Teddy Bear Clan" by Kassie Bears - The Walking Bears Series

This series is a clan of bears that lived in the days before the ice age. They were forest dwellers that lived together in harmony and had a great love for the land of which they lived upon. In their clan community they had social status relations before their time, where as everyone had their place and everyone lived accordingly. Through this status relationship in their community, there was great love for each other and they all worked together to provide for the village and all who lived in it. There were leaders and advisers in this very social community and at the head of this Clan was a great Father Bear named Zandermis. Zandermis was loved by all and was wise and full of love for everyone in the clan. He would walk for many miles and sometimes many days to attend a secret sacred tribal gatherings with other great Father Bears. So as this story starts, I am proud to introduce to you Father Bear Zandermis of "Bears of the Teddy Bear Clan"  the first of "The Walking Bears" series.

He is made from recycled sheared beaver fur that is ever-so soft. He is fully five-way jointed with armatures in his arms. His neck is double jointed. His glass, violet colored eyes have been enhanced so that they look more real.

clanbeartt4a.jpg

He is fully five-way jointed with armatures in his arms. His neck is double jointed. His glass, violet colored eyes have been enhanced so that they look more real.

clanbeartt3a.jpg

He proudly wears a necklace made of tiger-eye stones and red bear claws that remind him of a young mans first hunt. Upon the center of this necklace hangs the symbol of the clan passed down from generation to generation.

clanbeartt1a.jpg

He wears a spotted rabbit-skin cape that honors his status in the clan. He also has a belt where he carries his knife and medicine bag.

clanbeartt2a.jpg

He walks with a staff of lineage and leadership taken from a tree in the village that grew strong as he did. This staff is decorated with carved bone and feathers and topped with the stone of vision. All are hand made.

clanbeartt6a.jpg

His face, hands, and feet are sculpted clay which have all been hand painted.  He can be posed to sit or stand.

clanbeartt7a.jpg

Zandermis walks away and thanks you for looking.

clanbeartt8a.jpg

I hope you have enjoyed Zandermis. The first of a long series of walking bears by artist Kassity Allison of Kassie Bears.

Edition or Number: 1

Height: measures 23 inches tall.

Weight: 3 lbs 12oz  1kg 395g

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Goodness, Kassie . . . what imagination and creative talent you have!  Zandermis is outstanding!

bearsbybeesley bears by beesley TM
Tofield Alberta Canada

Wow! I am so amazed at the amount of work! Wonderful Kassie!

Many Hugs Louise

Oregon

Hi Sue Ann, Renae, Louise,  bear_flower

Thank you so much. He was a joy to make. I am glad you like him.
Renae -

reading a good book

oh thank you - that is just what these bears will have; a story with each bear. Now I just need to find a writer. LOL

hugs kassie

ylc Y Daydream? Designs
Spotsylvania, VA

He is amazing! You did an excellent job on him. I love the colors and he looks so soft.

Hugs
Yvette

Gail Bear With Me Enterprises
Website

Kassie I am speechless!!!! What great artisitc talent
Hugs
Gail

Oregon

Hi Gail,  bear_original
Thank you sssooo much. I am glad you like him.  bear_original  bear_original
I am trying to get to know everyone. So forgive for asking., but. You were on bid4bears the other night - right? You are that Loonie?

hugs kassie

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_original  :clap: Kassie, Zandermis is an OUTSTANDING creation. I am agog bear_wacko

Eileen

WildThyme Wild Thyme Originals
Hudson, Ohio

Wow!  What a lot of detail work!

Kim Basta
Wild Thyme Originals

Oregon

Hi Eileen & Kim,

thank you both so much - I am glad you like him too. bear_original  bear_original  bear_original he was a blast to make - had a good time making him.

hugs kassie

chris009av Real Deal Bears

Kassie that is amazing... I just love his feet and hands, and they are usually the hardest part of a sculpture. Well done  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Oregon

Hi Christine,

Thank you so much!  bear_original Yes, the feet and hands can be a challenge - the toes nails are a even more so! LOL the tiny wrinkles and creases can really be a challenge. but - a lot of satisfaction when they turn out.  bear_original 

hugs kassie

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

Oh my word !  What an incredible creation Kassie.  The feet, hand and feet are just awesome.

Oregon

Hi Tammy
thank you so much hon. It means a lot. I am glad you like him.  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

hugs kassie

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

My goodness Kassie, you have left me speechless!!! what outstanding talent and vision!!!!
cant wait till the next one. WOW!

Oregon

Hi Wendy,

Thank you so much. I am working on two others of my series and hope to get them done this weekend. So I can start on my next clan bear.
you all will be the first to see them - well that is not completely true. My biggest fans, my Mom and my sister will see them first, but you guys and all next.  bear_original
hugs kassie

Oregon

Heya Renae, sorry for my late reply missed this one the last time I was in.
is that an offer?....*wink* I will call you and you can tell me the long winded phone version. we keep saying that.
I'll call you - you call me too funny! LOL

hugs kassie

Board footer