Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

bear_happy My word you gals have been busy!!!!  I'll never catch up with all your posts  :hug:

So Blossom arrived, settled in beautifully, and then all that travel caught up with her, poor baby.  We got her through a series of penicillin shots, and over her cough/cold... and she's  had a short adventure playing ball.. But now she's had a growth spurt and her leg keeps slipping out of place.  Its very common in draft, pony type babies.  Basically the leg structure in the hind end gets too straight and the tendons loosen around the joint and leg gets stuck.  Its horrid to see....for all intents and purposes, it looks like they've broken their leg  bear_cry   So she's really been through the wars, poor wee lassie!  She'll come right, though and I"m sure we'll go back to having more fun ... firstball.JPG
Her first meeting with a playball  bear_happy   We'll go back to playing games once she feels better again. 

AND I've been horribly behind in my mushroom work because we've been tending to Blossom....so Eldon and I have been playing catch up... yet to finish with that...

And Mister went into the vet's yesterday to become a 'responible' Mister!   bear_tongue   He got neutered so as not to overpopulate the world with little black kittens...and so he'll stop this Casanova roaming nonsense!  The vet did a wonderful job with him.....truly pleased.....I'm sure in a day or so Mister will be fully healed and nary a look back...

And for my poor bear making...I've still got my bear in progress that I was working on over a month ago... bear_sad   I feel so out of touch with my bears just now, its really wierd.  But given some time and space I'm sure I'll get back into my routine.

Just a  :hug:  to say I miss you all!!!  :hug:

...edited to add Blossom's webpage if you want to see what she's been up to http://www.freewebs.com/kilmannan_blossom/home.htm

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Miss you too Debbie.  Your horse is lucky to have someone who loves and cares for her so much. :hug:

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Hi Debbie,
      I love looking at Blossom but I miss you and all your regular posts.  This is such a busy time of year.  Take care of yourself and your lovely Blossom!

hugs,

Brenda

Awwwhhhh..  :hug: Thanks Brenda!!!  :hug:   I promise I'll post more when I get the chance!  bear_thumb

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Gorgeous pony, Blossom!  Lucky you!

Stellajella Wien

Hi Debbie

she is lovely! What a cute horse! I love her expreeion,her eyes are very special.
I was already wondering, how she is, but didnĀ“t dare axing  :redface:
Have a smashing time together! :hug:

Gaby bear_flower

:hug: Awwwhhh!! Thanks for asking!!!  :hug:   She's doing really well.  Her leg is still sore from where it still 'sticks' occasionally, but other than that, she's a happy girlie out munching on her grass.

Our weather has changed to our typical hot, muggy 90*F temps as we shift gears to go into summer.  Blossom's been born and raised in Glasgow, Scotland, so she's more used to 50*F weather.  She's having to discover standing about in the shade, and thinking 'cool' thoughts.  Its a totally different strategy, but I'm sure she'll adapt quickly.  Even Mister, our black stray tom cat is learning to hang about and stay 'cool' in the shade  bear_grin

Board footer