Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

gotobedbears Posts: 3,177

Hi Girls,

Disaster has struck here at the Gotobed Bears house, my harddrive has died.   bear_cry  It has just been carted off to the local PC World to see if the boffins there can give it resuss and a pacemaker - if not i have just lost ALL MY RECENT FILES!!!!
I am devastated and at a loss without my computer and am having to write this on a friends computer.

SO.........if you are one of my clients waiting for graphic work or a friend waiting for a reply to an email - I will work as fast as i possibly can to get back online and finish all the outstanding work for you all.

I may have to buy a new computer, well actually El Tel will have to buy it for me, but i WILL get back online as soon as is humanly possible................how did i ever manage without one? What did we all do with computers?

I may have lost all my pics of recent bears - oh well, it can't be helped can it. It's not my fault that the hard drive died without warning...........or was it? Gosh i hope not - but it just went CLUNK and then everything went black!

OK, i have to go, my friend is getting fed up with me (some friend huh?) but i would really appreciate it if you could all be patient with me and i wil contact all relevent clients/friends as soon as possible.

Big hugs,

Penny  bear_sad   bear_cry

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

UGH, Penny.  How frustrating. bear_wacko  bear_wacko  bear_wacko  bear_wacko

Best of luck to you :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Jennskains Posts: 2,203

Awe Penny, I hate when that happends! bear_angry   Come back soon! :hug:

Stellajella Wien

Penny, GOOD LUCK!
I keep my fingers crossed that they can make it work again!!!!!! :hug:

Gaby bear_flower

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

Oh My  bear_sad   As they say, you don't know what you've got til its gone.....I've a feeling you're finding all sorts of things that were locked away on your computer.  Hope you can get it sorted soon  :hug:

TamiL Dolls N Dreams
Aurora, Colorado

So sorry, I know how devastating that can be.
I lost everything about 6 yrs ago, I now burn back up copies of my web/folders about once a month!  That gives you a little piece of mind!
You will be back up and going before ya know it!

Acipenser Bine-Teddies
Stockholm

So sorry Penny.   bear_cry :hug:
I recommend taking copies of every important file at least on CDs or better on a second harddisk. I do it once a week, but that totally depends on how much work you are prepared to lose. There are good programs that can do that automatically for you so you won't forget. Even free programs are available and usually do a satisfying job.

Hope you'll be up and running again soon. It sure is disturbing how we have come to depend on computers.  bear_grin  bear_grin

BearBottoms 'Bear' Bottoms Originals
Ft. Bragg, NC

Aww, Penny, I hope you're back soon!  And I hope you can at least get the files back that you want/need!

Kimberly W.

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

That's, like, one of my worst nightmares, Penny.  I'm so sorry for the hassle you're going through.  Best wishes and lots of luck on getting started back up again.  Hopefully the computer folks can help out!

:hug:

wendi Toggle Teddies
Derbyshire
Website

Oh Penny bear_sad  I hope you can retrieve everything :hug:  Hubbie backs ours up every night onto the server, but then one day that good go poooof and stop, its always a worry isn't it  bear_sad

Good luck, not sure how long i can cope without seeing your moonlings pics bear_smile

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

Oh No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I'm sorry to hear it Penny - hope all turns out OK for you!

Danni

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry Ooooh, Penny . . . so sorry, my friend!  Hope all is not lost!  :pray:  :pray:  :pray:

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_sad OH NO, PENPEN!! bear_sad

The computer wonks CAN retrieve your files from a dead hard drive, for a price. I think it cost me about $150 CDN when mine died, but it was worth every penny.

I email important stuff and photos to myself when I think of it, but it's probably better to back them up on CD or one of those plug-in thingies.

Eileen

chris009av Real Deal Bears

Gosh Penny  bear_sad  what bad luck. I think it's everyones worse nightmare.
Hope your back up and running soon  :hug:

Dilu Posts: 8,574

aaarrgh!!!  so sorry PenPen!!!

bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry

I am so sad.....

You shall be sorely missed, love.

wonks

BrozZ BearZ BrozZ BearZ
Toowoomba

bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry
I know that feeling all too well!
:hug:  :hug:  :hug:

clare14 Country Bears
England

Awww Pen, Ihad mine do funny things earlier on in the year, in fact it's still shoved in the wardrobe waiting to be fixed.   I sulked so much my dad let me have one of his - I missed chatting to you guys!!   

Hope you get sorted real soon, and feel free to pop in and borrow mine anytime!!   :hug:

sheilaleigh Sheila Leigh
Lincoln, Nebraska

Penny,

I'm so sorry to hear that!  I depend so much on my computer; it's almost my lifeline.  I hope you get back up and running real soon! 

I've been meaning to email you about your ATCs.  I love your artwork.  They are so whimsical; they just make me smile!!

bear hugs,
Sheila

Board footer