Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

Pages:
Aleta - The Silly Bear The Silly Bear
Portland, Oregon
Website

kittenJ.jpgKittenB.jpgkittensall3.jpgkittensall2.jpgMax.jpgI must have been out of my mind when I decided I wanted a kitten!  I have a show in a little over a month and today I've accomplished just about ZIP!  I've been in the office all day with my new kitten, Max.  Perhaps someone up there is trying to tell me to slow down.  Hmmmmm.

The first picture is my sweetest little Max.  The second and third pictures are all of the kittens we adopted from our very own TT'er, Shantell.  There were four kittens in all.  We loaded them all into one large cat carrier for the trip back to my house.  We thought they might travel better together for the hour long trip rather than being in separate carriers that distance.  At my house we made our final kitten choices.  It went pretty much as I'd thought.  One for Brittany.  Two for Justin.  One for me.

The fourth picture is of my daughter, Brittany, with her new kitten....King Oscar!  He's the smallest of the litter.  The fifth picture is of my son, Justin with his two kittens....Ger (Grrrr) and a yet to be named little girl kitten.  They're the liveliest two of the bunch!  The little girl is quite adept with the feather toy already!

So there you have it.  A new furry child named Max and my two non-furry children with their new furry children.  Confused yet?  Ha! bear_original

Warmest bear hugs,  :hug:
Aleta

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

OMG...I swear that have grown since they left here.  They look like such big kids now.  I'm just getting all teary-eyed knowing they will be soooo loved, spoiled and well cared for. 

I have to say....I feel very content.  If I could purr I would!!!!

Hugs to you Aleta, Justin, Brittany & Poor Jeremy (who looked roped into this adventure)

Shantell

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Aleta,
     I've been checking all afternoon for your pictures - Max is adorable.  You're a lucky lady!  The kittens sure don't look like they have suffered from the trip LOL! - they look right at home.  It's hard to tell from your daughter's picture if she looks like you, but there is definitely a resemblance with your son - he has your smile.  They are a great looking family - fur ones and none fur ones! 

hugs,

Brenda

Laurie Laurie Lou Bears
Norfolk

Hi Aleta,
I love your little kittens-I am a great cat lover and have four cats of my own.I hope your kittens are a bit better behaved than my two balinese boys(siamesexangora).They are two years old and still swing off the top of my net curtains.You will have to mind all your bear making things as one of mine cannot resist pins and mohair and I now have to keep everything out of their way as I got fed up with having a bear sitting next to me ready to be finished off only to find an ear missing complete with pins and having to chase him round the house with dread incase he swallowed any bear_cry
Laurie

Cleathero Creations Cleathero Creations
Ripley, Queensland

Oh how sweet, isn't it lovely they all went somewhere that they will be adored and you will be able to 'see' them.
Keep us posted.

WildThyme Wild Thyme Originals
Hudson, Ohio

AWWW!!! They are so wonderful!!!!! Hey, maybe your Max and my Max can be pen pals or something!!!!  How many weeks are they now?

Kim Basta
Wild Thyme Originals

bearsbybeesley bears by beesley TM
Tofield Alberta Canada

Awe Aleta you silly Girl! Thay are adorable!! You go girl!! Life is just a ball when pets are in it!

Many Hugs Louise

Dilu Posts: 8,574

[size=18]Oh How fun!!![/size]

Did you and Shantell have a wonderful visit?  Did you post about it and I missed it?

sheesh, I thought I was caught up!

How fun!  Your kids look perfectly delighted to have new furrfriends!

thank you love, for such wonderful pictures.  bear_wub

bear_tongue

Mitch2052 Blue Valley Bears
Website

Dear  Aleta,
What a wonderfull thing you have done to adopt all these kittens :clap:  :clap:  :clap:
It must be kitten fever here at TT at the moment.
bear_flower
Cheers Susan

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

Oooh Lucky Aleta - they are all so adorable.  I am a tad bit jealous, but so happy the kitties went to a wonderful family!
Danni

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_original What a gorgeous family, Aleta--the non-fur-kids look even happier than the furkids! bear_laugh

I Love Teddies South Florida
Website
Willamette Valley Oregon

FINALLY!!!  SOME SLEEP!!!

000_0829a.jpg

This is poor Skippy (the kittens mamma) where she's pretty much been camped out since yesterday morning.  She's either SLEEPING or EATING or staring in the window meowing and wanting FOOD!!

Her poor little breasts are gorged with milk...I just want to give her a warm wash cloth for them.

Willamette Valley Oregon

I just keep opening this message and staring at the kittens...they looks happy!!!  bear_wub   bear_wub   bear_thumb

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Congratulations on your new addition to your Family!
How will Gracie cope?
Very sweet little kittens and lovely to see your good looking Son and daughter.

Best of luck with getting some Bears made Aleta but I know that it is going to be
hard with a kitten to play with.

Bear hugs
Carolyn
bear_flower

chris009av Real Deal Bears

Oh how sweet are they!!!!!  bear_wub

Portland, Oregon
Website

Thank you for all the happy posts!!  Kittens are just magical.  Puppies too, of course.  This has been a wonderful adventure.  It's really kind of cool to know that a whole litter of kittens from a lovely friend has gone to one family......even if they do all live in separate households.  It's yet another thing we share as a family.   bear_original     

Shantell,  bear_flower
You'll be happy to know that Ger and Cheri (Sheree) are knocking the wits out of each other at play and that they are eating REALLY well.  King Oscar seems to have attached himself to Jeremy instead of Brittany much to her dismay.  She says he purrs when Jeremy holds him and cries when she holds him.  Oh dear.  She should have been the one to get up and play with him at 3am when he cried this morning.  Little Max is fast asleep on a sherpa mat right here next to the computer.  He's a climber...perhaps part monkey.   I also think he may have been a camel in another life.  You should see him down the water!  He might have been a little pig in a life before that.   bear_happy

Brenda,  bear_flower 
Everyone says my daughter and I could be twins.  Poor Brittany!  She's the serious one though, always keeping me in line.   bear_happy

Again, a big thank you to everyone for such cheery posts.  I do adore my children....furry and non-furry.

Aleta

Willamette Valley Oregon

Awwww...I could not be happier.   bear_wub   bear_wub

Skippy is doing well.  She seems to have adjusted to them being gone and just spending her time catching up on her beauty sleep.  She did venture into the house for a few moments this afternoon. 

Give all the kittens and cuddle and smooch on the head for me when you see them. 

Hugs,
Shantell

Okay Aleta, now I need to see a better picture of Brittany!  It's hard to tell what she looks like with her head down looking at the kitten LOL!

As for King Oscar, he's just one smart kittie - he knows he already has Brittany gushing over him and is now working on winning the affection of the last holdout  - Jeremy LOL!  Once he has all parties cooing over him, he will know his job is done and he will reign as "King" forever - he has a name to live up to, you know!!!

Give Max a squigy little kiss for me - he's really gorgeous. 

hugs,

Brenda

All Bear All Bear by Paula
Kent
Website

What lovely pictures!  I love ginger kitties ... have one myself in fact.  His name is Toffee and he is still as naughty as a kitten, despite being nine now!

nettie scotland
Website

What lovely pictures,happy cats and even happier people!!!I once had a very similar cat called John the boy many many years ago.Gingers are very special wee souls.
Diane xxx

millie PottersHouse Bears
Ohio

Precious!  I miss  having kittens in the house.  They are so much fun.  All of my kittens are now grown up.

kassiebears Kassie Bears TM/Creations of Mysticism
Oregon

Dear Aleta  bear_flower

All I can do is giggle here. I know the feeling. But with hearts like ours we would take in every baby and every animal alive! You are a very sweet lady.
many hugs and best wishes to you and your new family members. and your son and daughter look very happy indeed. Your son's smile tells it all. I just smile back.  bear_original

hugs kassie

Portland, Oregon
Website

WM2.jpgWe're making progress!!  I think by the end of the day Max and Walker will be chasing each other around.  Max apparently passed the sniff test!   :crackup:   I think there's even a bit of progress with Gracie.  She's still hissing and growling but she seems more interested in where Max is.  Could it really be this easy?!!  I won't hold my breath!

Aleta

Hi Aleta,
     I knew Walker would  be the easiest to deal with - they will be good friends in no time, I'm sure!  Max looks so small next to Walker LOL!
                                              hugs,

Brenda

Pages:

Board footer