Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

kassiebears Kassie Bears TM/Creations of Mysticism
Oregon

Hi everyone,

I came across this on the internet while doing promoting stuff. I just want to say. I have seen the “Do it yourself bears” and I don’t believe they would look like this, at lets not the kind I am aware of. Does this bear not look familiar? It looks like one of our TTer’s art bears. I can’t say exactly, but a view names come to mind. And if this shop can produce - “Do it yourself bears” that look like this, it may put all us out of business.  bear_grin
So, go have a look and see if you know who's bear that may possibly be. Or may not be a artist bear. I could be wrong, but I don’t know?

Hugs kassie

http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/citylife/2 … 604226.htm

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

Being the eternal optimist and always seeing the positive side in others, I would say it's probably nothing more than someone teaching bearmaking out of her own shop using her own pattern.  In reality each bear will probably turn out looking nothing  like the one in the photograph.

I started out using a kit and my bear looked absolutely nothing like the photograph on my kit.  Well, of course not, because the kit doesn't teach you how to needle or scissor sculpt or any of the other little details that you use to create your own look. 

Hugs,
Shantell

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Ha!  I   believe that!!!

[size=24]NOT[/size]

Our Shantell is so sweet! 

Good on you Shantelli!  I wish I always saw the good side first!

g050.gif

hugs

d

i

l

u

Oregon

ya Shantell, I look at things that way too.  bear_original  but from reading the short article I thought it is a shop like the "build your own bears." and someone was using a artist bear.  :doh:  Well, I was right about one thing - it is a artist bear.
silly me, too many pain killers - too little brain cells today.
I am feeling pretty  :redface:  ....... I think I will go something else today.  :redface: mashi0014.gif

toadbriar ToadBriar
western massachusetts

My guess is they found a "teddy bear" picture to go along with the
article & weren't bear savvy enough to distinguish between 'real fur artist bear'
& 'stuff your own in a mall shop mass produced bear'. Probably the lady in the
article has nothing to do with the photo.

That said, my heart is warmed that her teddy bear shop is a dream come true.
I hope it brings her heaps of success  bear_wub

Oregon

Hey Renae, I usually don't like to take pain killers, but it is problem best right now.

got mixed up and I couldn't string two words into line to make sense. I couldn't remember how to play Freecell for heavens sake!

First I will say. "oh my - be careful hon. That can be serious. Don't get them missed up.
Now I will giggle at you are sillyness . . . *giggle* The little white dude is Mashi Maro, he is a rabbit. He is my best friend when I make an a** of myself.  :crackup: He can do this too...... mashi0016.gif  bear_original

Hi kim, ya I think so too. Or it is the artist using one of her/his own bears. I basically miss- understood the article.  But, I feel you are right. It just probably just that.

hugs kassie

JeannieB JeannieB Bears
Greensboro NC

I know that bear very well....I look at her every three days, or so; on one of my favorite web-sites! Could be wrong?!? but that bears right foot has a little difference in shade and so does the one I look at....coincidence? Maybe I'm wrong! Can't stop looking at the two of them, comparing the pictures!! bear_wacko
JeannieB

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

Well I wouldnt mind building myself a mink artist bear. Maybe we should put in some orders for the bear they have displayed in the article. 'THE HONEY COLOURED MINK ONE ' PLEASE. :crackup:
Wendy bear_grin

Oregon

Jeannie - I thought I knew that bear too. Let me know if you find out if it is on the website you visit. I am just wondering now.

Oh Wendy -  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup: too funny

hugs kassie

Board footer