Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

clare14 Country Bears
England

We're not really into sports, but I do like to be patriotic, so we are watching the match (well he is, I'm half watching!!  bear_whistle )  Are you all keeping track??   bear_wacko   bear_grin

Are you into any sport???   I love tennis, not to play, only to watch!!   :crackup:  :crackup:   Wimbledon soon!!  YAY!!!   :dance:  :dance:  :dance:

fredbear Fred-i-Bear
Johannesburg
Website

Soccer, more soccer and more soccer !!!!!!!!!!!! need I say anymore till the final game is played. Both hubby and son are watching as many games as they can.
Friday the 16th was the Ultra distance Commrade's marathon and that I enjoyed and watched while hubby completed his 18th run.

Lynette

Helena Bears-a-Bruin!
Macclesfield, UK

We're watching the footie tonight Clare - I'm just taking a break during half-time. Did you see that goal in the first-half???! We cheered so loud you probably heard us!!!!!

:dance:  :dance:  :dance:

PS We're not normally into football but the World Cup is something different - better atmosphere, more of a tradition - so I always tune in for the World Cup  bear_tongue

Meri Bears (UK) West Sussex, England

Hi Clare

We're definitely watching the footie in our house. I love it......Hubby used to be the manager of our local team, it's how we met so I've always been a big footie fan.

It's half time at the moment and England are 1-0 up, Hope it lasts bear_thumb

Really looking forward to Wimbledon too, starts on Monday :dance:

:hug:

jenny Three O'clock Bears
warwickshire uk
Website

my husband is being very 'know it all' about the game ....I've come to bed.....I don't know why they don't let him manage the team when Sven leaves....apparently he knows everything there is to know about footie!!!!

Helena Bears-a-Bruin!
Macclesfield, UK

LOL Jenny! My hubby has become an overnight footie fan - he normally keeps away from the matches on TV but you should have seen him jumping around tonight  :crackup:. Wooooweeee, it was a nail-biter!

knuffelbear Claudia's Knuffelbaeren
Heinsberg

My husband and I watched every game  bear_grin

It was a great evening and we are very happy! And now I say Good night, we are going to bed now.... have to get up again in 5 hours  bear_shocked

See you all  tomorrow!  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

clare14 Country Bears
England

:crackup:  :crackup:   Oh Jenny, you made me laugh!!  Men and football - it's a 'funny old game!!'   :crackup:  :hug:

Only just scraped by - as usual!!   bear_rolleyes   Never seem to quite be on top huh??!!  When and who do we play next??  bear_wacko

Night Night Claudia!!!   :hug:

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

I just spent an hour at my neighbours house, while our house was being shown to prospective buyers.  Our neighbours had a very small TV and no cable until two weeks ago.  They went out and bought a big screen TV and got Satelite TV just because of the World Cup  - I couldn't believe it!  They are soccer crazy!  We're not into it at all - just give me a NHL playoff game instead!

hugs,

Brenda

I Love Teddies South Florida
Website

I love watching professional and college football (American, not soccer) and basketball.  My university won the national championship in basketball this year, and my university is good in football every year - Univ. of Florida - Go Gators!  I cheer for the Miami Dolphins and the Miami Heat and other South Florida teams.  We have season ticketes to the Dolphins games.  I also like watching the Olympics. 

I don't watch soccer.  I always root for the USA in whatever they play though.

sarahjane Brisbane

World cup fever has hit my 12 year old in a big way. He loves  bear_wub  his soccer, but unfortunately we can't get the station the games are on so he has to wait for taped copies.

Gail Bear With Me Enterprises
Website

I have just returned from a two week tour of Germany and Austria and I can tell you that the fever is everywhere over there. Huge TV screens in the streets and fans all over the place as well as the usual merchandise to go along with it. It was an experience to be there while this was going on
Those two countries are rich in history and many of the buildings we saw were 13th century- even touched the Berlin Wall and travelled up to the Eagles Nest. Our Mercedes bus ran on canola oil, had 450 hp and had no emissions or exhaust. Time North America looked at alternative energy supplies
Hugs
Gail

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Every single match has been on the TV in my house and not in just one room. My husband and sons sit in one room and Sarah and I sit in the lounge room. WHY...well I need my hearing...  bear_cry  the guys get so loud that it's best to stay clear of them. I'm sure they could be heard in outer space last night when Sweden equalised right at the end of the game against England. MEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin

Hugs Jane.   bear_flower

Laniebears Arctophilia
Shropshire UK
Website

YES CLAIRE
WERE ALL WATCHING TOOOO bear_thumb

All Bear All Bear by Paula
Kent
Website

I HATE THE FOOTBALL!  Always have, always will!!  Actually, if I'm honest, it's not the actual game I hate, it's what it does to men.  Somehow, watching a few men chase a ball around a bit of grass turns them into grunting cavemen!  They completely loose the art of conversation, don't even hear you when you ask something as simple as 'would you like a coffee', and even connive their way out of family activities!!  Shame on them!!  bear_angry

Nope.  Footie is banned in my house and anyone who dares to make a move towards the TV has to get past my evil eye first!  :twisted:   The only exception I make is for my son ... but even he has to accept that the tv downstairs is for family viewing and that means having something on that everyone can enjoy!  So, he takes himself either up to his room to watch, or across town to his father's house!!

I've even told my partner to stay at his own house for the month the World Cup is on ... I don't mind not seeing him, in fact, I'd rather not see him while he's grunting and groaning at the TV!  Heaven only knows how we'll cope when our house purchase is completed ... we'll have to have separate tv's in separate rooms!!  bear_tongue

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Paula,
     Separate TV's are good LOL!  My husband and I do not like any TV programs remotely similar.  I'm a BBC, Discovery Channel, Mystery type of person and Neil is Action and what I call "his tacky, wacky, old Cowboy" station.  We have a nice dinner when he comes home from work, and usually socialize for a while, but when he turns on his programs, I quickly exit upstairs to my studio for bear making and "good TV".  Must be working as we will have our 35th anniversary this September.

hugs,

Brenda

Board footer