Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

I just woke up today and found out that a couple routes that get me to work are closed! The river has entered onto a major highway and is closed at one point.. also the city is getting flooded! YIKES.. anyone else floating?

I think it is time to build an ark! Here is a pic from the Reading Eagle, our local paper

water.jpg

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Oh Kim please send us some of that water then I can water my dying garden...we have a hosepipe ban here where I live. Can you get to work or do you have a day off to chat on TT and sew bears?

Hugs Jane.  bear_thumb

WildThyme Wild Thyme Originals
Hudson, Ohio

Kim... we had much of the same here.... LOTS of flooding in Ohio last week.  Our basement and most of our local roads were okay though.   bear_thumb 

Kim Basta
Wild THyme Originals

Dilu Posts: 8,574

OK Kimmy, get the hammer and nails......gotta keep those teds ( marching in 2x2) high and dry!!!

a035.gif

chrissibrinkley Posts: 1,836

Hi Kim,
Yep, we're floating away here too! Its unbelievable how these little unassuming creeks around here become the mighty mississippi during a good rain. (goes back to the development boom in my area too...the rain has no place to go...no more ground absorption...but that's a whole 'nother story)!
My sister had a class in Center City and had to turn around and come home, no access from all roads she tried and her husband couldn't get to Trenton for the train into NYC.  I guess we'll just have to do something fun today around home...like "do lunch"  bear_original
Stay dry and enjoy the day!

~Chrissi
ebay, ctcatherwoods
coming summer2006...www.CatherWoods.com

Kimmy if you have to evacuate be sure to take bear hand work with you....and business cards too!!!

You never know.....

o020.gif

clare14 Country Bears
England

Ooooh Kim!!  We have that happen in the UK a lot of late!! It's scary, take care my friend!!!   Get your snorkel and wellies ready!!!  bear_wub  bear_wub  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

I made it to work bear_ermm  LOL.. and made it home but there are places that are manditory evacuations, businesses under water, etc... took an hour and five mintues to get to work today and usually the longest it takes is 15 minutes!   It is really nice out today but they still want MORE rain!

Here are some pics of the downtown area - these are all pics from the Reading Eagle newspaper
  raccpic.jpg
racc.jpg
racc2.jpg
reading.jpg

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

And here is one closer down to the river... YIKES!
penske.jpg

So don't dawdle honey get your evacuation bag ready.....mini fabrics threads scissors, needle and pattern....throw in some needle felting rovings and needles and business cards....

h015.gif

You never know who you will bump into, who you can teach and who you can sell to....

n080.gif

Could be a golden opportunity...

chris009av Real Deal Bears

OOOoooohhhh Kim and Chrissy, you do take care now with all that water.
You know how you have to recycle things these days. So you go get yor washing out now and dont waste it  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

Dilu, I am up a bit from there on a "hill" so I don't have to worry bear_original (unless we get about 25 feet more!)

I notice I didn't seem to care about a toothbrush or anything like that.....HA!!!

We all know what's important!!! a194.gif

I am glad you wont float away in your sleep, but what if you can't get home from work tomarrow? Hmmmm?????

Be Prepared

f005.gif

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

I will find a way home from work, TRUST ME lol.... I will swim home if I have to LOL

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Hi Kim,
I thought of you earlier today when I heard from my cousins in Yardley, PA that they were flooded.
Hope you stay home, safe and DRY!

We've broken all time records here and in Boston with over 22 inches of rain in just 2 months! All that water has to go some where........

Take care!
Daphne

NBC Nightly News just reported from Reading PA.....

and they are threatening evacuations....

o020.gif

maybe you wont have to go to work and can stay home and make bears and be on line and just generally have a nice day???

o015.gif

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia

Isn't that strange, we are having such a dry winter!!!  Its awful and the garden is dying...in winter!!!!
Strange weather...wish we could exchange half and half or something  bear_tongue

SunnieOne Sunnie Bears
Ridgecrest, CA

Wow! I haven't seen that kind of water here in the desert for years!
Sonya

BE SAFE!!

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

It is very sunny here, just loads of water... I think I can make it to work (wish I could sleep in until 8:30 and make bears but gotsta make money LOL)

Thank you all for your concern... we only had about 1/4" of water in the basement as we are at a higher altitude from the city.... but outside of the city, anyone around the Schuylkill got water. 

I will keep you all updated === I am glad that it isn't winter though! We would have sooo much snow (BLEECH!).... and there is always a rainbow at the end of the storm! (this is another pic that a Reading Eagle reader took, isn't it beautiful!!!!)

rainbow.jpg

chris009av Real Deal Bears

AAAWWWW you take care now... I didn't realize it was SOO bad.
Now I feel terrible about making a wize crack about doing your washing.  bear_sad  bear_sad  bear_sad
You could send some here, it's the middle of winter and we have hardly had a drop of rain.

Bonnie Mountain Dreamer Bears
wooly woods of Missouri, USA

Whoa! bear_shocked  That's  a lot of water!

It's hot and dry here. Wish you could send some of that rain this way.

I'm glad you live on a hill Kim! Even so, driving through flood waters, even if it's shallow, can be dangerous.  Please be careful and stay safe!!

hugs,

makafelts Charlotte Des Roches Designs
Adkins, Texas

I sure send safety thoughts to everyone effected by the flooding. I have family in Chenango County NY & Northeastern PA which are experiencing flooding in their area too...but their homes are on fairly high ground, so they should all be ok.
Stay dry everyone!
Hugs,

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

The flooding sounds awful and I hope everyone in that area remains safe.  We could sooooo use some of that rain - we're in the second year of an awful drought.

Board footer